Muppet Audition Tape: Talked to Kevin Clash!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think Kevin Clash's official title is "Puppet Coordinator" - from what I've heard he does some of the workshops the Muppets do to find new puppeteers from time to time, reviews tapes of potential puppeteers and sort of acts as a "puppet captain" on alot of the Henson sets.

Rickly might be a good person to ask for more specifics on this.

doctort13

Reaction score
Way to go!

I applaud the young puppeteers for following their dreams! Keep it up. I am closing in on 40 years on this planet and just now getting "started".
I have always loved puppetry, but got sidetracked with work, music, and publishing a zine. Last year I woke up, joined Puppeteers of America, joined the Cincinnati Puppetry guild, read a bunch of books...and with any luck (and lots of sweat) I'll be performing at a regional puppetry retreat in November.
I have sketched a number of characters, written two short puppet plays, and now
practice lip-syncing along to music. Next step, build the puppets!

Follow your dreams on to Puppet Power!
t3rry

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's like, so cool man! Are you auditioning for Sesame Street, or the non-sesame muppets? I'm thinking about joining with the Sesame muppets.

Reaction score
Wishing for Kevin Clash to Write Me Back

I envy your dad. I wish I could talk to Kevin Clash. I wrote him two letters, and he hasn't answered a single one.

Erine81981

Reaction score
This so cool to hear this. I would love to do some tapes but don't know what to do but put on a pretty good show. Thats about it. Could someone help me in knowing what I need to work on? I know pretty much how to lip-syncing to music. I do that all the time. That pretty much what I do w/ all my puppets. Most of the puppets I have are monsters. GreenBean, Bluefur and Orangeston. There most of what I bought of ebay. I look up Monster Puppets and this is what I get. Kind of neat. I've always wanted to send in tapes but didn't know what I need to do and since I'm not really good w/ getting in front of a camrea and all and doing lip-syncing and voices. I get too nerves. So if someone could help me out here and all I would love to have some info on some stuff to do for the audition tape?

Whatever

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
That's like, so cool man! Are you auditioning for Sesame Street, or the non-sesame muppets? I'm thinking about joining with the Sesame muppets.
I heard that Sesame St only films 6 weeks in the year!

Iokitek

Reaction score
I know Kevin Clash as the voice of Splinter In the TMNT movies. But I just found out he also did Captain Kangaroo. I just can't find out what it is he did for that show exactly. Anyway I never saw it either :stick_out_tongue: I just heard alot about it.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
This thread is great, hearing about peoples experiences with puppeteers. I don't think I'd ever be good enough to warrant sending a tape in but I guess theres always time for improvement. I know someone who had an audition with kevin clash and now has a leading role in a production here in Australia.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Whew! I'm not too old then.

doctort13 said:
I applaud the young puppeteers for following their dreams! Keep it up. I am closing in on 40 years on this planet and just now getting "started".
I have always loved puppetry, but got sidetracked with work, music, and publishing a zine. Last year I woke up, joined Puppeteers of America, joined the Cincinnati Puppetry guild, read a bunch of books...and with any luck (and lots of sweat) I'll be performing at a regional puppetry retreat in November.
I have sketched a number of characters, written two short puppet plays, and now
practice lip-syncing along to music. Next step, build the puppets!

Follow your dreams on to Puppet Power!
t3rry
Just like you, I've had an interest in puppetry for years and have gotten sidetracked with "life in general." Its nice to know that you don't have to be a "kid" to get into the business, just a "kid at heart."

Jason

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thats good to hear theres some older people starting aswell as I sometimes worry I'm too old and not talented to get anywhere with it and im only 19!