1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by erniebert1234ss, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I have a theory. Once they get done with all the Muppet Shows and Muppets Tonight, maybe THEN we'll see a release of Muppet Babies. Then Disney might do something like they do with ALL TV shows now. A complete series on DVD. A Muppet-Mania collection or something with all the Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, Muppet Babies, and all the Muppet Movies in one pack with new extras and stuff. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Daniel
  2. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

While there are bootleg ones that are not legal, not to mention you don't know how good they'll look, there has been a few actual releases.

That's the good news, the bad news is they are very hard to find and only have like one or two episodes. The DVD's came with a plush doll of I believe Kermit, Piggy or Gonzo, maybe Fozzie too but I can't remember. Anyhow, I've seen these dolls with the DVD's go for a pretty good amount of money on ebay and that's if you can even find them.

Hope that helps in someway.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I've just given up hope on waiting for it. If we want to watch it, most of them are up on youtube. Just download them with mediaconverter before they're taken down.
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

They look pretty good :). And not legal or not right now they are our only way of having more than two episodes besides ripping them off youtube:coy:
  5. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I feel very fortunate that I managed to tape several episodes off the TV when it aired on Nick Jr., but I'm still missing the last season and a handful from the others.

I've pretty much given up that they'll ever release it, at least in it's original form with no video cuts due to copyright. It's very sad that this cool show is destined to that fate.
  6. JJandJanice

I doubt Disney is, at least as of now, too worried about releasing Muppet Babies, I don't think they think their is enough of a demand for them or, as mention before, the show used so much footage from other shows and famous movies that it would be almost impossible to get all the shows uncut.

And many people would probably say well why can't Disney just paid it off, after all their a billion dollar company. But that doesn't mean they should just pay whatever amount thoes other companies would be asking for, they could get to a much that just isn't fair for a 30 second or so clip.

Speaking as someone with a huge collection of cartoon or animation DVDs, I would love to add Muppet Babies to that collection. And since it's owned by Disney, if it were to have a release within the next year or two, it would come with that "Disney Movie Rewards" points, which I've been collecting, :), it would make it all the sweeter.
  7. BlakeMP

BlakeMP New Member

I have to agree -- I'd love to see it, but I doubt we will.
  8. JJandJanice

To be honset, I would much rather get the rest of rest of the Muppet Show and, to be honset, I think I would rather have Muppets Tonight on DVD before Muppet babies.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Exactly. I love Muppet Babies and all, but I wanna see seasons 4 and 5 come out so I can stop worrying if they'll come out or not.
  10. BlakeMP

BlakeMP New Member

Oh, don't misunderstand -- if it were a choice between The Muppet Show and Muppet Babies, I'd take the classic any time. But eventually, I'd like to have the MBs too.
  11. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

well you know, Muppet babies is my all time faverite cartoon of all time . I am a all around muppet freak , i am one of those who wants , all of the muppet tv series on DVD Muppets tonight the rest of the muppt show and Muppet babies .

I love the muppet show so much i could watch it every day i was nuts about it from the time i was a 2 years old
  12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Is it really that much of a concern about seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet Show?
  13. muppet baby

You know matt i have been thinking the same thing :( i really hope that they do make seasons 4 and 5 of the muppet show it was my all time faverite show before Dr Quinn Medican Woman so now i have 2 all time faverite shows . Anyway , it would so sad with such a classic as the Muppet Show , they should release the last 2 seasons , i mean it is really classic mupets and they did such great jobs on the box art to :)
  14. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

It would be such a shame to not have the whole series released on DVD. It would be sad to have the first three seasons and nothing else.
  15. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they just put the wholse seriies on DVD sooner or later before anything else. Kinda like having it be like Fraggle Rock.

Daniel
  16. muppet baby

you know i kind of thought the same thing as i was watching my new complete series of fraggle rock set .

If they do do that i am going to go and get it because i love that show so much . Just like Fraggle Rock .:):excited:
  17. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Full series, I never even thought of that. I would snatch that up in a heart beat.
  18. JJandJanice

Has Disney ever released a full series of anything though as far as one complete set, :confused:.

I don't know if I would bet on that, Fraggle Rock was a total original show with original songs so it was really easy to get a full series set of FR. Muppet Show doesn't have that, so I don't see it happening. It seems like that's already the biggest problem Disney is having with the season sets, it's totally not cause of a lack of interested kind of thing, people are wanting to buy it and they've been huge sellers.

If it did happen, oh I would be one of the first in line to get my hands on it, but I don't see it.
  19. muppet baby

I would be frist in line to get the complte series of Mupept babies and muppet show compute series and or season sets to .

i hope that it happens but at this point i have to say also it does not seem to be happening .:pi hope that changes though .
  20. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I would be all over a complete Muppet Babies set like white on rice XD My old "taped off Nick Jr." tapes will be dying any day now and I'm anxious to support any DVD release.