1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Babies reference on Garfield and Friends

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Klonoa, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

Yeah muppetsforever that is a sweet and heartfelt song. If I weren't so lazy I could go through the DVD and pick out the words to that song...but...I probably won't. Sorry.

I don't get Toon Disney or Boomerang! Ergh! Oh well, don't have much time for TV anyway.

--Klonoa
  2. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

wow, garfield and friends- that brings back memories of hours in front of the television... i actually remember that episode with the muppet babies reference- and remember thinking how cool it was that i watched both shows and got that refrence... god, i was a pathetic little kid. it's so refreshing to know there are other people who have an appreciation for the old time quality programming of that time. little kids don't realize how crappy the stuff is they're watching today..
  3. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

All the same, we watched some crappy shows when we were little, too. Go back and watch the old He-Man cartoon. Ugh. And as much as I love Pac-Man and the cartoon, it really wasn't that good. And then shows like Transformers, which I watched religously when I was little, was nothing more than 30 minute toy commercials. --Klonoa
  4. MustangRockstar

MustangRockstar New Member

To some extent that is true. There is always plenty of garbage floating around for everyone.

However there were also some cartoons that were pretty good.

CBS probably had the best lineup of Children's programming.

Muppet Babies, Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Garfield and Friends, Ninja Turtles {the first few seasons}.

But I mean there were other great shows on too ranging from Real Ghostbusters to Ducktales {not on Saturday's but still}.

You just don't see the budget's in the cartoons anymore. I mean as a whole Saturday mornings on networks have been dead for 10 years now.

I mean if you go from 1984 to 1994 you see some crap but you also can come up with a pretty impressive list of shows that started as well.
  5. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I would definitely agree that the quality and budget is not put into it anymore. I mean I was raised on Hanna Barbera and the '80s cartoons you listed and those cartoons were much better (IMO) than today's are.
  6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

McFraggle are you buying any of the Old Hanna Barbera cartoons coming out on DVD?

I already have Scooby Doo Where are you season 1 and 2, Jetsons 1st season and Flintstones 1st season. I can't wait for Wacky Races and Top Cat!
  7. MustangRockstar

I know i bought Scooby and Flintstones. I wanna get the others coming out but there is just too much coming out right now.
    mimitchi33 likes this.
  8. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

You guys know what else is coming to dvd? Pee Wee's Playhouse, I think both season one and two around the same time! along with Pee Wee's Christmas Specail! All these cool shows and Fraggle Rock next year! I hope this leads to Muppet Babies and the Muppet Show bow sets!

I'm also looking forward to The Looney Tunes Gold collection 2! I might get Top Cat as well.
  9. MustangRockstar

Sheesh Muppet Babies {Though only a few}, Garfield and Pee Wee's Playhouse, along with a release of the original ninja turtles..... I feel like recreating CBS' old saturday morning mega lineup.
  10. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I haven't yet. I would like to buy the "Jetsons" though. I bought a cheapie "Heathcliff" DVD the other day that had around a couple hours worth of episodes. :)
  11. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh yes the Heatcliff DVD's there are three of them, "Terror of the Neighborhood” “Fish Tales,” and then the Heathcliff movie wich is basicaly a bunch of reg ep's tied together by Heathcliff telling stories to his nephews.

I'm not found on how they say 9 episodes on the DVD's when it's not 9 full shows but rather 9 single cartoons. 7 are heathcliff and 2 are Catillac Cats cartoons.

But I do like how the DIC company has been put out many DVD's of thier shows. I haven't seen them all in stores (like the Littles) but i have all the ones I want for now, which is basicaly Heathcliff and the one Mairo Bros 3 one. some are at stores like Media Play others at at drug stores. I hope for more Mario and maybe even an All Dogs go to Heaven the Series DVD. I haven't seen the Inspector Gadget one though, only garbage boy.... i mean gadget boy.
  12. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I bought "Fish Tales." I too like how they claim it is 9 "episodes." So which is better "Terror of the Neighborhood" or "Fish Tales?" I didn't see "Terror..." at Wal Mart. :)
  13. MustangRockstar

I keep seeing Fishtales at Wal-mart myself.

Though I am still waiting for Disney to open their vaults and release Ducktales and Rescue Rangers.

Hopefully they follow the Garfield approach {Can't wait for set 2}.
  14. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

We can only hope. :excited:
  15. MustangRockstar

I do think it'll happen eventually. I mean if you would have told me two years ago that we'd see the tv show explosion like we have, I wouldn't believe it.

But studios are starting to realize that people really like the concept of tv on dvd and it makes a lot of sense really. It gives people a chance to sit back and see fav. episodes and characters in more situations than just a movie and they take a while to go through. You can watch them in half-hour increments every night.

In many cases the shows have never looked better. You're essentially seeing your favorite shows in the best detail possible.
  16. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

It is cool and the "TV on DVD" craze is one of the best things to come from the DVD explosion. :)
  17. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I finally bought "Garfield and Friends."
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

YEAAAAAAA!!! McFraggle got the DVD now YEA!
  19. MustangRockstar

Good now watch it before Volume 2 comes out in 4 weeks.

Speaking of, has anyone else had any trouble finding the new Garfield Holiday DVD?
  20. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I know I have. I've been to lots of stores. The thing is that I went to Kmart since thats where I got Garfield as himself and Garfield and Friends vol. 1 but I didn't go on the date that Holiday Celebration and I'm thinging that is got sold out. I had someone call Hastings in Abliene and they said thay hadn't got there shipment in and they would put me down for one but I didn't have one. I hope I can find in before Thanksgiving.