Muppet Baby plush/DVD sets premiere at Target

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Does anyone know which episodes come on those DVDs?:confused: I have emailed the company but they haven't responded yet.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
Does anyone know which episodes come on those DVDs?:confused: I have emailed the company but they haven't responded yet.
I'm answering my own question because I got a response. Here is the email I got:

Each character features a different episode, as follows:

Gonzo: Baby Gonzo's video show
Kermit: Daily Muppet
Miss Piggy: Hyperactivity Book
Fozzie: eight take away one equals panic

Thank you for contacting The Betesh Group with your inquiry.

The Betesh Group
Consumer Relations

I'm going to ask about which episodes will come with Animal and Rowlf later.

I actually remember these episodes. Especially Baby Gonzo's Video Show because it included a parody of Star Wars (I'll bet that's why you got it, huh, JediX :wink: ). I looked up their descriptions on www.tvtome.com.

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
COOL!!! That's a great selection of episodes!! I always liked the earlier episodes anyway..:smile:

I bet Baby Animal comes with Noisy Neighbours!

jediX

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
I actually remember these episodes. Especially Baby Gonzo's Video Show because it included a parody of Star Wars (I'll bet that's why you got it, huh, JediX :wink: )
Yep. "From a Galaxy Far, Far Away" (episode#12) also has a Star Wars parody in it, too (this episode was released on vhs in the Muppet Babies series back in the early 90's). "The Daily Muppet" was also released on VHS for McDonald's in the late 80's (I also have this tape).

A agree, Baby Rowlf -- the earlier episodes were much better. I mean, I like Bean and all, but he just didn't work with the cast.

beaker

Reaction score
I love and will always love MB...Yes it is NOT muppet canon inany stretch of the im-ag-in-ayy-sheee-un, but still. Gah, one episode per dvd...oh well, if it was commercial there better be 5 episodes! heh I will say I am not so much into post 1986 episodes(like Transformers!) 84-86 or nothing I say!

anyone have a brief summary and year release for each epsiode available?
I so want a baby rowlf!!!

jediX

Reaction score
The TVTome guide might have summaries, but as each of us gain them we can post episode descriptions here.

beaker said:
anyone have a brief summary and year release for each epsiode available
Do you mean the episodes released w/ the plushes, Cory? I have Gonzo's Video Show & Daily Muppet (from that VHS), so if you want summaries of those... The TVTome guide will most likely have release years (or at least group them by season) so you can just do the math and figure em out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Darn it Bombay... :rolleyes: I had just left the school to use the computer the day I posted and whent to Target... I was about to tell you, ad then you found out... Oh well...
Dr. Bombay said:
I actually remember these episodes. Especially Baby Gonzo's Video Show because it included a parody of Star Wars (I'll bet that's why you got it, huh, JediX :wink: ). I looked up their descriptions on www.tvtome.com.
Was it the early parody episode? The one where Rowlf is Obie won Kanobie? If so, I need to find 15 bucks to get Gonzo right away!

Too bad they couldn't put 2 episodes on DVD....

I was hoping when I read the article it was a larger DVD featuring 3-5 episodes with a small plus toy of Kermit or something, it's the opposite... weird. Oh well... hopefully these will do good enough to warrent a DVD release of more MB episodes... hopefully all fromk the first few seasons...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Wow, that's great! As a Muppet Babies fan, I can't tell you how thrilled I was to learn of this. I've been dreaming of MB in DVD for years... but it's disappointing that it's only one episode per DVD, and you have to buy a plush in order to get it. Plus I already have all those episodes on tape. Sigh... oh well. Hopefully something even better will stem from this. But the plushies have caught my attention, and perhaps if I can find one I will buy one :wink:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Darn it Bombay... :rolleyes: I had just left the school to use the computer the day I posted and whent to Target... I was about to tell you, ad then you found out... Oh well...
That's ok. Thanks for thinking of me.

I went to Target yesterday to see if they had them and they do! I was surprised! And they look much better than the pictures make them look. I really want to buy the Gonzo one but I'll hold off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... Gonzo is the one I want the most, Kermit a second, and Rowlf Third... but that's factoring in the DVD episodes. I loved Daily Muppet (the episode with a cameo by Oscar the Grouch in it).

But since Gonzo comes with the Star Wars episode, he's more irresistible.

Anyone know what Rowlf came with?

I hope they make a series 2 with Bunsen and Beaker, and Scooter and Skeeter...