1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Beanbags and Plush at Toys R Us

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Drtooth, Aug 15, 2012.

1. ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

I got the medium plush from my TRU (they have not received the bean bag muppets plush yet). I htink the medium plush are awesome and look great in person :) Well done "Just Play" Products!!!
  2. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Okay here's the low down on my end. I went to TRU today and they had the medium plushies in. At least in my neck of the woods they must be selling really well because there were only 3 Kermit's, no Fozzies, and a little more Gonzo's and Animal's, and a partridge in a pear tree. I ended up just getting Kermit because I really didn't wanna spend a lot of money this weekend. I do plan to collect them all I just can't afford to buy them all at once.

I didn't see any of the bean bags so my husband asked the customer service person if they had any in and she said none of the TRU stores on the east coast would be getting them in till next week. She said another lady came in yesterday and was asking if they had any as well. For some reason in my area Muppet stuff sells really well apparently. Which is not a bad thing but anyways that's the story on my end.
  3. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I think it must just be that picture because the Gonzo's that I saw were actually pretty good.
  4. Hubert Well-Known Member

That's what I didn't know...cause on Muppet plush, many times each one's eyes have a different focus and such. Like, for example, when I took my annual trip to the Disney Store and got a Fozzie plush for cheap, there were about four left to choose from and every single one had completely different eye positioning and eyebrow positioning, leaving one looking like mad Fozzie and one looking like tired Fozzie...
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  5. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah I can't speak for Fozzie as they didn't have any left...:/
  6. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Awesome news! :D Fozzie and Gonzo are leaps and bounds above the Disney Store releases, I'll hafta get em both! Kermit is a maybe (I really love my Disney Store version, and my Build-A-Bear Kermit even more!), and Animals proportions are too crazy, ha ha. He'd make a nice gift though.

When I clicked into this thread, I was hoping against hope that there'd be a Rowlf or Scooter included (or both!), but alas, no dice. C'mon toy companies!! I want an official Rowlf and Scooter, Dr. Teeth tooooooooo!!! :sympathy:
  7. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

The Disney stores version were less then desired IMO. :p
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Not at all. Sure, I can't say I liked the Kermit, though it was hardly the worst one I've ever seen (just no match for Fisher Price and Macy's), The Animal was pretty good and the best plush likeness I've seen of the character, but the real show stoppers were Walter and Pepe. Pepe was dead on as far as I'm concerned. The Beaker was pretty good too... if you could find it.
  9. Hubert Well-Known Member

Wait...was there a Beaker? I dunno if my memory is failing me or what here, but I didn't think they had made a Beaker with the rest of those for the movie...
  10. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a Beaker at the Disney store by me here.
  11. Hubert Well-Known Member

Hm...interesting...I must've either overlooked it when it came out, or my memory is not working correctly...
  12. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I don't think there were many of them made...one week they were there the next time I went and they were gone. At least at the Disney store by me which sadly isn't very big. I am going up to NYC and am planning to hit the bigger store there. Hopefully I can find something worth while. Probably not likely but doesn't hurt to look. :/
  13. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Honestly, the Beakers looked HORRID at my Disney store. (I used a new word!) :halo:
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  14. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wonder if these were done by that company that made those hard to find Muppet Plush they were sitting on for a year before they were dumped at discount outlets. The Gonzo looks suspiciously like the one they did, only with the 1980's sweater vest instead of the Palisades Stunt Gonzo figure's clothes.

These look better in turn around.
  15. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I just bought Kermit & Gonzo last weekend. Unfortunately couldnt afford to buy all of them but hopefully I can get the rest of them in a few weeks.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  16. Mister Muppet Active Member

wow these are really great plushes i think they have done a great job with gonzo and fozzie and kermit are not to bad but overall they are really cool plushies ;):)
    also are these avaible in the uk?
  17. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I have no idea but you can always check or call your local store. As far as I know they were only released in the States. Check TRU online for your country as well. Hope this helps.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  18. Mister Muppet Active Member

thank's for the help i checked my countries TRU online but we don't have them we have the posh paws one's instead
  19. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Aww that sucks. :/
  20. Hubert Well-Known Member

For some reason it seemed really special to me seeing the Muppets in the TRU catalog. Especially when they said "Muppets you'll only get here"...dunno why. Which reminds me, I still need to go check them out... :o
    KermieBaby47 likes this.