Muppet cartoon by Lowercasegods

Erine81981

Reaction score
I could never get enough of your art LCG. Bring in some more! We want more! *starts chanting away*

Beauregard

Reaction score
*tick, tock, tick, tock*

*wonders in* Any updates here you people?

*tick, tock, tick, tock*

Well honestly! I finally get back for a day and nothing is updated, lol.

*cukoo! cukoo!*

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Okay, I've got a new cartoon to show you guys. But here's the thing: It's not really a Muppet cartoon.

Like my last cartoon it focuses on another puppet community that many of us will recall from our childhoods (those of you who don't, my apologies. More actual Muppet cartoons are coming to make up for it).

I'm just very proud of this cartoon. I got the idea while grabbing a bite with my fiancee a week ago and just finished the cartoon this morning. I felt like because it had puppets that it still belonged in this thread. I hope you guys like it.

And lastly, I did manage to squeeze a very subtle Muppet cameo into this cartoon, so look hard or you'll miss it.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/30246035/

Beauregard

Reaction score
I see it! I see it! I see a Kermit!

And *giggleing and laughter* how disrespectfull this cartoon is :halo:.

Your cartoons are simply fabulous, really, they are. I wonder if this is a cartoon based more of paradying The DaVinchi Code, or the Last Supper.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Well, it's definitely parodying the last supper, but the way I see it, it's really a stab at McDonalds. They're kind of considered the holy temple of fast food, and with their "one bazillion served a day" claim to fame, it seems there's no end to those who pray at the alter of two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pcikes, onions on a sesame seed bun, y'know?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I love it all LCG. I remember the Moon guy. I todally forgot about him. It's sad the the Captain isn't used that much any more. Keep up all the good art you do. YEAAAAA!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hehe. This one will always be a classic of yours.

Hey, did you styalize the characters to your own style very much? Or are they usually like that in america?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I definitely stylized the characters. Whenever I draw someone else's characters (like the Muppets), I always incorporate my style. I want the characters recognizable, but I also want the drawing to have a unique look that reflects my artistic sensibilties. I did employ visual references to get specific details about the characters (i.e. clothes and colors). And I referenced DaVinci's "The Last Supper" to get all the body positions and perspective as specific and accurate as possible (though there's only so many positions you can put a McNugget!).

Timotheus

Reaction score
Wow. That's just about downright blasphemous. :smile:
And funny too!
Wait...does this mean Ronald McDonald is going to be killed by Burger King's guy in a rubber king suit? (Sorry; I'm a Bible College student, so that sort of joke goes over rather oddly well with me).