Muppet Christmas Carol

Rachel

Reaction score
Anyone else love this movie as much as me? It's not my favourite Muppet Movie (that award goes to the original) but it's so much fun. And I love Michael Caine as Scrooge...he's so brilliant at interacting with the Muppets.

If you like the movie, here's a few questions.

1) Who's your favourite Muppet character in the movie?

Mine would have to be Gonzo and Rizzo. And also Statler and Waldof as Marley and Marley. Hilarious.

2) What are your favourite scenes?

Um, I love the scene in the Cratchit's house at dinner where Piggy is bad mouthing Scrooge...the whole scene where the Marley's sing "Marley and Marley", and Rizzo being chased by the cat when they follow Scrooge to the past.

What are your thoughts on this movie?

TTYL,
Rachel.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
wow. my 100th post. quite an honor. this is the board i've posted most on ever. this is the best board i've ever been also too. anyway to answer the questions.

1. My favorite character would obviously be Gonzo as Charles Dickins. He's just hilarious in the role. The first runner-up would be Rizzo because it's his first major role (unless you count TMTM) and he just has great lines and great chemistry with Gonzo. Second runner-up would be Bean because he's just likable and funny it.

2. My favorite scene. Hoo-boy. Let me think. It would probably be a 3-way tie between:

-"Scrooge" song opening number (just a catchy song that's good to open the film.
-Gonzo and Rizzo trying to get to the back of Scrooge's house ("I forgot my jellybeans!")
-"Thankful Heart" closing number. (just a feel good song with all the characters)

So those are my choices. I feel like watching MCC again now.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Christmas Carol is also one of my favorites...

1) Who's your favourite Muppet character in the movie?
That's a hard one, but I'd have to say the Ghost of Christmas Present. I just think that larger than life Muppet is gorgeous. I also enjoy the song, and how he's so absent minded as he's living in the present only. Rizzo would have to come in as a close second, he has so many funny lines.

2) What are your favourite scenes?
Those are so many scenes that I enjoy, but my favorite might have to be when Rizzo and Gonzo are lighting street lamps and Rizzo says, "Light the lamp, not the rat!" That just cracks me up for some reason. I also always laugh when Rizzo jumps down off the fence and then he's able to just walk back underneath it to get his jellybeans. Oh and then I also like the duet between Scrooge and his love.... Oh well, I could go on for a while, so I'll just stop now. :smile:

Thijs

Reaction score
I love the Muppets since The Carol. The anti-scrooge song is my favourite. The most funny is the child-chorus.
"Lalalalala BANG!"

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cindy,

I also love the Ghost of Christmas Present, He is such a great Muppet !

Muppet Christmas Carol is one of my favorite movies, Even tho Jim and Richard werent there it feels totaly made with love for them.

Its fantastic !

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love this movie, dispite the fact that the Humans are the stars, and the MUPPETS are co-stars.

Whatever..

My fave character is Fozziewig, my favorite scen is Fozziewig, and My favorite song is Fozziewig...uh oops.... I mean, my favorite songs (though they weren't actually used in the film) are Chairman of the board and Room in your heart. My fave song IN the movie was Marley and Marley!

Lu775

Reaction score
I love the scene where Kermit is asking Scrooge for more coal for the fire...and the rats complain, "Our assets are Frozen!" and Scrooge threatens to fire them and then all the rats pop up in tropical wear with a quick, "Heatwave!"

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Warrick, don't you just love how the Ghost of Christmas Present moves? All that fabric and he just seems to glide.

Lu775, oh I forgot about the "Heatwave" scene. That's another good one. Gee, I had no idea that I loved the movie that much. See what you started Rachel? :wink: Now, I'm going to have to talk my hubby into watching it again with me sometime soon.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cindy,

I just love everything about him, He is on of the best Muppets in a long time, Personality wise and the way he looks !

Jerry Nelson made him perfect !

My favorite song from the album is 'Room In Your Heart', Maybe its because it wasnt in the movie.
But i think its great !

See ya

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Character: OOOOOh. five way tie between Gonzo, Rizzo, The crathet girls, and Christmas Presant

Fav Scene: God, all of them, but I'd say every scene with Gonzo and Rizzo (Lamp and rat, Fence, and the flight.) I love seeing them get beat up (Most of Steve's characters get smashed)

Song: Scrooge and Marley and Marley,