1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Muppet fan 123, May 3, 2012.

1. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

End of the week sounds good to me....maybe we should do a poll on that (jk) congrats on the 500th post
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah I say Friday call it.
  3. DannyRWW

and then we need to figure out the next step...which I would think would be coming up with a date.
    panmanthe2nd and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Not to derail the subject here but are we gonna make a special thread on May 16th? You know like a Jim Henson memorial?
  5. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Thanks! :)

I think someone should.

Shall I give the final results on Saturday then?

Sounds good to me. At the end of the week shall I start a new thread to decide a date?
    Muppet fan 123 and DannyRWW like this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

Saturday sounds good to me! I could always start a Jim Henson thread when the time comes but what section should I put it in? Do many people post in the Henson thread?
  7. panmanthe2nd

I think you should start one. I have no idea which section it should go in. I guess 'Henson People', but as you say, not many people look there. Maybe in 'Henson People' and 'Classic Muppets'?
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  8. Pinkflower7783

Yeah I'll put it in the "Classic Muppets" thread! Thanks!
  9. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Orlando isn't a bad choice. I mean, Disney is there and since they now own the Muppets it isn't entirely out of the question.
  10. panmanthe2nd

Updated again!:

Greenville: 8
    Maryland: 3
    Chicago: 1
    New York: 3
    Oregon: 1
    East Coast: 1
    South East: 1
    Atlanta: 3
    Orlando: 2
  11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Plus Muppet-Vision 3D!
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

You really wanna compete with Disney World?! Cause I can't see Disney letting us having a convention in their parks. :p
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  13. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

You could always have the convention in Orlando and then hit the parks as a bonus.... Then again, last time I looked none of us here is made of cash!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Oh yeah let's go to the most overpriced theme park in the world. LOL!
    Muppet fan 123 and bandit like this.
  15. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

LOL WRONG! That isn't! There's a hotel in Dubai that costs like a 100 dollars to take a tour. It's the only 6 star hotel or something absurd like that.
    BUT, as you've said once before...not to derail...

Greenville...Atlanta....or Orlando are alright with me. ALL of those have very good reaons for being the homebase.
  16. Pinkflower7783

Well Disney sells balloons that are 10.00 a piece and popcorn that's 20.00 go figure! But yes back on subject I personally am all for Mississippi!
  17. panmanthe2nd

Would you like to vote for Orlando as well?
  18. DannyRWW

I agree. I think, and no offense to Disney, the more we make this a fan run operation the better. I worry a little if we put this in Disney's backyard so to speak. I certainly would not turn down their support but I think this is important that it is a Henson convention and not just a Disney run Muppet convention. Just my two cents. Most conventions like this (Thinking Transforemrs and in Europe Smurfs) start out small and when the companies that own the properties see it as a success, then come in and get more involved.
  19. panmanthe2nd

I would have to agree that, if this is a Henson convention Disney shouldn't be in complete control.
  20. Pinkflower7783

Yeah they already own most of the world! For once I would not like this to be a marketed Disney/Muppet convention.