1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Muppet fan 123, May 3, 2012.

1. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

And Kermit looks at the disney logo on his foot and talks about corporate synergy being out of control :)
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yep pretty much! Just replace NBC with ABC. This convention brought to you by the letters "D" and "A" :wisdom:
  3. DannyRWW

So I guess Greenville wins?
  4. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Looks like it!!!
  5. Pinkflower7783

Yep! I'd say Greenville is the winner.
  6. DannyRWW

Now onto Phase II Bwahaaa!!!! Bwahhaaa!!! I think this can really happen, everyone.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Woo!!! Let's do it!!!
  8. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

GREENVILLE!!! *waves flags, throws confetti, generally raises a riot!* Woohoo!

RIGHT! Phase II Which is......everything else that has to happen to make this happen. The -work-. @_@
  9. DannyRWW

What is phase two ? polling for a date..I say early or mid summer...it will be good for tourist etc...though Maybe phase two should be writing to the chamber of commerce and see if they would be interested in this...in that case they may have a date they want to hold it or might not want us to have it at all in which case we go to the runner up
    Pinkflower7783 and panmanthe2nd like this.
  10. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

What exactly are the plans if we do this? Like, what events, special guest, etc. would you want to see?
  11. panmanthe2nd

I'm not sure which we should do first. I was planing on starting a new tread to pick a date, but I think you're right and we should contact someone first.

Myself, I would like to see it happen on Jim Henson's birthday.
  12. DannyRWW

Jim Henson's Birthday would be nice, but is it the most convient time for people to make it there, and is it the most convenient time for the city to be available/profit from this venture? I think in the end if Greenville is okay hosting this, I don't know if we will really have a say in the preffered date, which isn't such a bad thing if we can get them to cooperate with us in the first place.
    Pinkflower7783 and panmanthe2nd like this.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Honestly I don't see why they wouldn't? I mean who wouldn't wanna generate more tourism in their state? More tourists means more money.
  14. DannyRWW

agreed. So who want to write a nice very professional letter just to see if they have an interest?
  15. Pinkflower7783

I would but I suck at writing letters...I don't think I could make it sound professional enough...:/
  16. DannyRWW

Yeah that is how I'm feeling too...got to have a good letter writer around here somewhere
  17. panmanthe2nd

I'm the same really, but I'm willing to give it a try if no one else wants to.

Frank Oz is doing a Q&A on the 16th. I'm guessing it's to early to get someone to ask him if he would be willing to come!
  18. panmanthe2nd

May I just say Pinkflower7783, that I really like your idea of haven't all the different Jim Henson photos as your avatar. It's a lovely idea.
  19. DannyRWW

Go for it.. and thaks
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  20. Pinkflower7783

Thank you...it's kind of a bittersweet time this week. I think we're gonna be making a memorial thread on Wednesday.