Muppet Family Christmas: Official Talkback Forum

wiley207

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Nice, but unfortunately, it's the "totally hacked" version. I'll have to settle with the copy I taped from Nickelodeon back in 1994.

Anyways, why IS there thunder when the Swedish Chef sees Big Bird? Was the Count counting something or what?

Also for thunder in this special, they don't use the usual Sesame Street thunder...
http://www.brandens.net/files/Sounds/FX/Nature/WIND_THN.WAV

Instead, they use the old Castle Thunder sound effects, like the Muppet Babies!
http://www.hollywoodlostandfound.net/sounds/castlethunder.wav

In as much as I like the Castle Thunder sound effects better, I find the other thunder sound from "Sesame Street" to fit better when the Count does his laughing/"wonderful" bit.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
What you need to do is simply email Fozzie Bear (active mod) to delete your account, instead of being a jerk about everything. :embarrassed:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
It takes them time to read the emails, they can't be here 24/7 so be patient. Why do you not wanna be here anyway?

David French

Reaction score
The special has aired on free to air TV in NZ twice. I saw it first on Christmas Day 1987 and still have my off-air copy from that screening. This version has no ad-caps (the scenes dissolve from one to another), the title caption is at the start of the special, there's no shot of Elmo and Fozzie decorating the tree and instead of the "stocking" dialogue there is an exchange between Robin and Grover in which Robin gives Grover the Fraggle Pebble.

So which version was that one?

anathema

Reaction score
David French said:
The special has aired on free to air TV in NZ twice. I saw it first on Christmas Day 1987 and still have my off-air copy from that screening. This version has no ad-caps (the scenes dissolve from one to another), the title caption is at the start of the special, there's no shot of Elmo and Fozzie decorating the tree and instead of the "stocking" dialogue there is an exchange between Robin and Grover in which Robin gives Grover the Fraggle Pebble.

So which version was that one?
The first one, but it sounds like your local network made some edits of their own, probably for timing reasons. The Robin/Grover scene is present in all three official versions of the show.

anathema

Reaction score
maniacal muppet said:
There is a version that was released on dvd that did have the whole Muppet Babies scene, Fozzie singing with the snowman, Miss Piggy singing Home For The Holidays and some extra verses in the Caroling Medoly. As a special bonus, the Christmas toy comes on the same dvd with the commercial that came before it that featured Rugby The Tiger and some other characters.
This sounds like the offical R2 UK release, which is PAL so be aware that it won't play in the majority of US machines.

You can probably find this dvd on Ebay (like I did) for about $10- $20. This dvd doesn't have a main menu and the box looks unprofessional.Hope this helps.:smile:
And that sounds like an illegal copy.

superboober

Reaction score
That's the version I got over the summer. But at least there's no picture problems, so at least whoever put it together made a good transfer.