Muppet Family Christmas: Official Talkback Forum

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It is NOT Christmas until I watch this special. It's right up there with Charlie Brown and Rudolph in my book. I just love it. I get so misty eyed when I see Jim at the end. Great special, the BEST.

Katzi428

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
It is NOT Christmas until I watch this special. It's right up there with Charlie Brown and Rudolph in my book. I just love it. I get so misty eyed when I see Jim at the end. Great special, the BEST.
Ditto about seeing Jim at the end,Beth.

BEAR

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Seriously this is my favorite muppet special. This special and Muppets Go To Walt Disney World are the most muppety specials ever! I love everything about it, from Swedish Chef & Big Bird singing "Jack Frost" (so sweet)

You mean "The Christmas Song", aka "Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire"?:wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
One of the greatest Muppet productions in history! This is the one that really spills with Christmas spirit. I mean, if there was a program that had everything Christmas is truly about (in the simplest of terms), this is it. By the way, be sure to catch "A Muppet Family Christmas" as part of my BEARy Merry Christmas Reviews coming up starting next week!

David French

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
Yeah, I've noticed that too. My guess is they already had Big Bird taking up lots of space. No Snuffy or Telly (unless I missed him) either.
ISTR that Telly *is* there amongst the carollers. None of the full-bodied Muppets appear in the special, nor do any of the various TMS Monsters. Is the cast list on the article on MuppetWiki correct as I think there are some mistakes on it.

Oh, and Big Bird's line about loving carols is *nothing* to do with Carroll Spinney, so I'm afraid that poster is seeing patterns that aren't there.

BEAR

Reaction score
David French said:
Oh, and Big Bird's line about loving carols is *nothing* to do with Carroll Spinney, so I'm afraid that poster is seeing patterns that aren't there.
No, but it is definitely a wonderful unintentional pun. I wonder if Caroll Spinney caught it when he said it. I would get a kick out of it.