Muppet Family Christmas: Official Talkback Forum

Oliver

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight Phil.

It's a shame that there has to be so many financial complications, etc. at the cost of compromising such a classic special. Hopefully, one day when the Jim Henson Company is completely independant from Disney, this will be re-issued - uncut and restored to it's original running time.

:frown:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Hopefully, one day when the Jim Henson Company is completely independant from Disney
They ARE completely independant from Disney.

Oliver

Reaction score
Doesn't Disney handle distribution and/or production of their home video releases?

Aaron

Reaction score
not as of right now but they are in talks

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Doesn't Disney handle distribution and/or production of their home video releases?
Most of the released Henson productions in the last few years have been from Columbia/Tristar.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Could somebody tell me what happened in the uncut Fozzie-Snowman scene? I cant remember and I am really curious. That used to be one of my favorite parts... :embarrassed:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hey all! I was at Borders today and they had the Muppet Family Christmas and It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie DVDs in their holiday section (No Muppet Christmas Carol though :frown: ). I got Muppet Family Christmas but passed on It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie because I had just seen it the night before. I can say I was VERY impressed with Muppet Family Christmas! It was awesome how pretty much EVERY Muppet character was there. I especially loved Bert and Ernie's "small talk." It's really a shame that they had to edit it though :cry: :grouchy: :sympathy: :attitude:

Kamit

Reaction score
The Muppet Family Christmas plays a HUGE part in my family’s Christmas celebrations. In fact it’s reached the point where Christmas Eve has become almost as much fun as Christmas Day.

On Christmas Eve we sit down to our traditional Christmas buffet. This is the time of year when we are each allowed to have our favorite type of finger food. We usually have shrimp, cold cuts, fancy cheeses, hot pastry, and so forth. The last few years we’ve experimented with having a fondue.

During dinner we watch The Muppet Family Christmas. It’s the one and only time of the year we are allowed to watch it. We’ve done this every Christmas for the last – oh I’d have to say at least the last 10 years if not more. So you can imagine that my sister and I know the lines quite well by now. We sit there and say our favorite lines along with the tape (and sing along during the carol sing). It’s rather scary actually :big_grin:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I love this Christmas special the most! I love that not only are TMS Muppets there but also SS and FR. I really hate that the Muppet Baby part has to be edited.

I remember when I first watched this I about died laughing about everyone always "meeting" up with the icy patch...... :big_grin:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Y'know what one of the things I really like about MFC is that it focuses mainly on the Muppets as opposed to human characters. The only humans were Doc, who fit in nicely, Santa, who had a very brief cameo, and my favorite, Jim Henson! :smile: I mean, humans are great (like Scrooge and Long John) but it's really about the Muppets! :big_grin: