Muppet Fanfic: Something worth waiting for

Leyla

Reaction score
Yup. Regular weekly show. Marathon show is some months down the line. You don't think Kermit would abandon them for that do you?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I didn't think so, no. That's why I was confused. I also was confused by the dress-rehearsal see, because I thought, how can they rehearse a marathon, thought I.

So anyway! I can't stay and chat, I've got a fanfic to write...

Beau

Leyla

Reaction score
Sorry. I don't always think linearly, so I get confusing.

Now shoo, shoo, go write for my personal amusement!

Please? :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Alright...I did write for your personal amusement, not go read for mine!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
All right, some one reminded me that I owe a detailed review over here?

Leyla said:
“You know, I don’t know why Kermit worries so much. If you just relax, things just come together again perfectly.” Scooter fought back the urge to whimper at Fozzie’s blithe attitude.
This part's really funny, what with the irony... I mean... It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that Fozzie was the one freaking out... Hm... Hehehe.

Leyla said:
“Yep. Feels good. You have to admit though, Fozzie, she’s a better looking woman than you are.”
“Yeah. That’s okay. Most women are.”
I should hope so... <snicker> Nice to continue that from the last chapter, though.

Leyla said:
“Well, that’s too bad,” Scooter said calmly, because our problem is on stage right now.”

“That’s the second most common place for our problems to be.” Rowlf chuckled easily.
I can't figure out if I should giggle, slap my head, or... what. I guess I'll just dance. <Dances>

Leyla said:
“Ladies and gentlemen! What I am about to do will notshock and amaze you.”

“That’s shocking!”

“That’s amazing!”
In general, I love how the exact opposite of what Gonzo wants, happens. But this just kind of foreshadows it, and it's hilarious, and I love it.

Leyla said:
Gonzo shifted in a rare moment of self-perceived awkwardness. “Really,” he tried again, “this is big news. So you go on ahead and step out, I’ll wait.”
I think he's being over-precautious here...

Leyla said:
“Spit it out, already and get on with the show!”
...And apparently, I'm not the only one...

Leyla said:
Society’s eternal outsider stared, incredulous, as the rabid cheering continued.
So... Have I mentioned lately that I love your diction? I think it's been a while... Really, though, this description is AWESOME!

Leyla said:
“Bring back culture to the world through judicious use of hamster-powered threshers!”
Ah, Leyla. Your very first torment line. Have I congratulated you yet on that? You learn ever so quickly, too...

Leyla said:
“Exactly!” shouted one man jubilantly over the din, “Gonzo the Great, we’re your official fanclub!” Excited screams broke out and someone threw a feather boa on stage.
First, I love that he agreed to all the things Statler and Waldorf were calling out. That's very much something that a Great-Gonzo-fan-club-member would do. Second, I love that the thing they threw on stage was a feather boa. Again, that's very much something a Great-Gonzo-fan-club-member would do.

Do you ever get sick of seeing your own name here? said:
Fozzie, heretofore silent, whispered, “Do you suppose somewhere out there, I have a fanclub?”

Scooter shrugged and Rowlf wordlessly switched his attempts at solace-giving to the bear.
Aw, I just love Fozzie. And I love Rowlf's solace-giving attempts, too.

Leyla said:
After another moment Scooter spoke up, “This would have happened even if Kermit had been here, right?”
Well, that's one way to try to comfort yourself... Doesn't seem to work well, but it's one way to try!

And, it's awfully big to quote, but I simply adore the whole comparison of the Muppet Theater to a lifeboat! Every word of it is dead-on accurate, and it just- ooh, I LOVE it!!!!!!

Leylalalala... said:
Gonzo loved life.
OH good, he still has some element of himself in him!

Leyla Leyla bo-Beyla banana-fanna fo-feyla said:
There was one communal intake of breath, followed by a moment of absolute silence in which a pin wouldn’t dare to drop.

The storm broke.
So, Leyla... Have I mentioned your diction lately?...

Leyla said:
“You broke my heart, so I’m going to break your nose.”

“Hey, I’d like to see that!”

“Me too!”

“Try to twist it around a lot.”
Oh, these are SO Gonzo fans...

La la la la Leyla... said:
Statler and Waldorf ducked down and reappeared sporting World War I surplus army helmets.

“On with the show!”
YAY! I'm sorry, but it's just that I always forget that Statler and Waldorf do random stuff like that sometimes on the show and you remembered and it's so perfect and YAY!

And, again, awful big to quote, but, the haiku. Can I just say, someone in the audience is bound to figure something out... And he ended with jumping jacks? <Shrug> Well, I always thought they were torturous... Seems dangerous enough to me! :stick_out_tongue:

La la la said:
Statler and Waldorf hit the dirt.
Kindly refer back to my other Statler and Waldorf comment.

Leyla the Tattooed Lady!... I think I missed something there... said:
"I would have liked to see something really scandalous, like rutabegas!"

“We paid for blood!”

"And rutabegas!"

“I prefer egg plant!”
Ah, yes, the rutabegas return...

Love in a Leyla-mat said:
Sam had a really hard job on their lifeboat.
I love that lifeboat...

...Leyla... said:
His very first standing ovation.
Aw, how sweet but so ironic!

...I am so out of L songs... said:
“Bow, darnit!” Scooter growled with such fierceness that Piggy would have been proud… or perhaps jealous.
So, Leyla. Have I mentioned your diction lately?...

L-E-Y-L-A. said:
Scooter could not quite repress the moan as they barreled past Rowlf and Fozzie, who caught the go-fer by the shoulders. Gonzo kept moving past them to celebrate his victory.
I vote that Scooter gets the next vacation possible.

A-L-Y-E-L said:
Scooter gave him a level look. “I’m done for tonight.” He scooped up his clipboard off Kermit’s desk and slapped it into Rowlf’s hands. He shook Fozzie’s quickly. “You handle the rest of this madness.”
Ditto. Love these actions... He is well past his wit's end...

Alyel? said:
Fozzie nodded in agreement; then his face lit up. “Remember how we found Animal?”

“That was great!” Rowlf grinned.

“And so easy!”
Good to see these two can focus on the positive.

Alyel. Now if only I could think of an "A" song... said:
A violent shudder went through Scooter. “Don’t… say that too loud in this theatre. It- It scares me.” He scrammed as fast as his legs would carry him.
Did I mention that Scooter needs a vacation? I don't blame him, though...

Leylalyel? Tongue-twister... said:
“I wonder what the big problem was that Scooter was worried about.”

“We’ll ask him after the show.”
<Headslap> I'm starting to have a lot more understanding for how Scooter feels...

Now then. MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The gal with the well-turned phrase

I always seem format-impaired on the boards here, but there were some lovely little bits I wanted to pull out. Let's see if I can get them all with out screwing up the formatting.

Leyla said:
“Lay it on me, I’m batting a thousand today!” Rowlf and Scooter looked at Fozzie doubtfully.
Leyla said:
One of the things that's so charming about the muppets that Leyla's post brings out very clearly is their amazing courage and self-confidence in the face of overwhelming odds. Fozzie, Gonzo, Kermit, even Scooter face the world daily in tissue-paper armor with nary a qualm.

Leyla said:
“Bring back culture to the world through judicious use of hamster-powered threshers!”
Leyla said:
Now--who says there's no more real art in the world!

Leyla said:
gasteds thoroughly flabbered.
Leyla said:
Can't say enough good about that. Lovely turn of phrase, there. (I once wrote on a cover letter that I was "pretty hard to flap" i.e. unflappable.)

Leyla said:
“This is some problem you’ve got here, Scooter.”

The go-fer shook his head in dismay. “This wasn’t the problem I was trying to show you.”
Leyla said:
How very muppety!

Leyla said:
“There goes all my faith in humanity. I call him Stan. Goodbye, Stan.”
Leyla said:
Leyla said:
Not for the first time that night, stunned silence fell over the room and bumped it’s head rather solidly. Sulkily, silence stalked out of the theatre. It didn’t like to stay long anyway.
Leyla said:
This reminds me so much of the song that Rowlf played--"Eight Little Notes"--about how Mozart wrote so much incredible music with only eight little notes. It takes enormous skill to take the same 26 letters of the alphabet that everyone else has access to and make them do things like the above example. Kudos, Leyla, for wrestling the letters into so appealing shapes. I have to say this, and this seems like a good spot--Muppet humor is not for dummies. It is articulate, clever and sophisticated--very much like the above examples. It hink that's why there seems to be such a superior quality of fan fiction here compared to other fandoms.

Leyla said:

“Bow, darnit!” Scooter growled with such fierceness that Piggy would have been proud… or perhaps jealous.
Leyla said:
Ah, even when she's not there, her presence looms large of the company.

An excellent addition. As always, it's a pleasure to have someone throwing verbal volleys to an audience that can actually hit them back! Keep 'em coming, honey!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Woo-hoo....

All right I'm embaressed to admit that I somehow never got the chance to read this when you first started writing it. BUT...I have now read the whole thing and I agree with everyone else. AMAZING. You had me holding my breath with Piggy and everything else all the way up to this latest chapter with Gonzo announcing he won't do crazy stunts anymore. Stater and Waldorf...Rowlf...Fozzie...you've got them all in character! It's great! I suppose there's not much else I can say that hasn't already been said. I'm blown away Layla, and I'll definately be reading this from here on out.

Leyla

Reaction score
Ohh my... thank so much everyone I really appreciate it! I struggle a bit with all this comedy stuff, but I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Now, how can I swing this back into the more familiar land of drama...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... I'm sure that ushygushy girl inside that cage of yours will find a way.
Post more when you can... Tell us if we can help with anything.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*runs in panting* I'm here! Finally! I'm here! AND LEYLA!! THIS IS SO AMAZING!! It's so well put together and genually funny! I love EVERYTHING you've done with Gonzo! It rocks! *rocks roll by* ...What a punny forum...CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE LEYLA!!