Muppet Film and TV References

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
No idea if this should count, but I feel that it might be a reference. In the first issue of the manga Sgt. Frog, one of the characters, Natsumi Hinata, says this quote about Keroro, an alien frog:

"We do have lives to live, you know. We don't have time to mess around with aliens... or whatevers."

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet. But in the new Dreamworks film "Bee Movie" Fozzie gets a mention! :excited:

"But bears are cute and adorable... Yogi Bear, Fozzie Bear-"

Fantastic reference. Of all the bear icons they could've picked, they picked the funniest.

:boo: : Yeah, says you!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
NEW FAMILY GUY REFERENCE! :excited:

Stewie was thinking to himself and his voice was echoing inside his head.

"Oh, this is cool, I like this, this sounds cool. ...Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigs iiiiiiiiiiiin Spaaaaaaaaaaaaace!"

SO COOL!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Saw that meself. Stewie was gloating about murdering Lois in his internal thoughts with his internal thought voice.
"This is perfect, noone suspects it's me. Oh, my voice sounds cool in here. Heeello, hello, hello..."
And then he does like the Announcer at the end of Pigs In Space.
Dr. Bob: You know, we have him at the hospital too.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I have another odd one not sure if it's been brought up yet but on the Office first season box set during the commentary they're making fun of Pam and they tell BJ who's doing the voice that he sounds Like Kermit :smile:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, Boober, Skeksis and Oscar were all on a recent episode of South Park about an imaginary world being under terrorist attack

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Really? They must've been either among the non-speaking characters shown or in the Part 3 finale of that storyarch, which I partially missed out on.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Man, it was so hard to notice all of the characters in those episodes. I wonder how they got away with all of that legally!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ok I'd like to Ad another one to our list here Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends Season 2 Episode #22 "Beat With a Schtick".
The Monster that Bloo is Scared of the entire episode looks a heck of allot like Sweetums. I can get a pic of him if anyone would like to see.