Muppet Haunted Hotel

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Development

This is standard practice in 'the biz.' Scripts are purchased and may or may not be made. Stuff can be 'in development' for decades. Sometimes they move forward and become actual movies, most of the time they don't. Basically, it means Henson has paid for the right to consider making the movie. If one of these movies is made, it is quite likely the shooting script would change dramatically from the script Henson originally purchased. That kind of thing is standard practice in development.

Luke's right, we haven't seen the scripts and we don't know much about these potential movies. I think it is too early to judge. I'll wait and see if anything comes of them.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Rumors were that if 'Muppets From Space' was a success (in box office terms) the following Halloween 'Muppet Haunted House' would have been released along with lots of other 'Muppet Monster' style merchandise and the Playstation game 'Muppet Monster Adventure' which was released at a later date<<<

Hmmm, perhaps there was a silver lining to MFS box office demise!

>>>How the heck do you know it's a horrible script ? I take it you haven't seen it, and i don't think a full plot summary was ever released, just a few basic rumors<<<

does it take a freaking Henson historian to tell ya a cruddy Muppet film version of Scary Movie would be the biggest piece of poop since the days of the Disney Muppet video Bean Bunny specials? Gosh, this to me sound slike itd make KSY look like
The Muppet Movie.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
does it take a freaking Henson historian to tell ya a cruddy Muppet film version of Scary Movie would be the biggest piece of poop since the days of the Disney Muppet video Bean Bunny specials? Gosh, this to me sound slike itd make KSY look like
The Muppet Movie.
Who says they were doing a Muppet film version of Scary Movie ? I think that although as you say, it has the potential to be a bit of a 'Muppets From Space' style film, with good writing this kind of thing could work. Eitherway, the current one being touted around to licensee's is 'Time Travel' and i'd consider that on the same level.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Eitherway, the current one being touted around to licensee's is 'Time Travel' and i'd consider that on the same level<<<

Yikes. As noted I have the same thoughts about this as I do on the other horrific abomination script ideas. Why is it I and others on here have VASTLY more edgier and epic scritpt ideas than paid Henson writers???

Why cant they have a lightbulb that goes off in their collective PR head that goes "Hey, why not have a Muppet movie that will represent the new Muppets...not the conry crud themed Muppet films of the 90's?" Im talking real locations, original sung by the Muppets songs, heart, and just some really great ideas.
What a concept.

ChellisPal

Reaction score
What we all have to remember is that along with great characters, the Muppets have always been good at doing fun paradoys of things that are popular. Could the Muppets pull off a funny horror spoof, I bet. I'd still like to see a space adv with them too, or how about a teen comedy , the Muppets are great in that they can play any kind of characters and be funny.We should all just be thankful that they are still entertaining us.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>We should all just be thankful that they are still entertaining us<<<

Not to sound 'un' grateful or taking things for granted...but regardless of emtv or any financial situation....the Muppets will always be around...always. They to me are first and last and always. The past present and future. Should we just be grateful and except anything JHC sends out way? No way! We wouldnt be real fans if we just blindly accepted this KSY or some poor written spoof Muppet film garbage. I realize there is some on here who would just blindlya ccept and grin at any film or special project Muppet wise JHC sends our way...not me. The Muppets are better than being stuck in some horrible send off or genre piece. They need something epic next up, something edgy, something to eclipse even the great MTM.

I and a lot of others cannot settle for anymore wattered down Muppet trite.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

We wouldnt be real fans if we just blindly accepted this KSY or some poor written spoof Muppet film garbage.
You havent seen it yet so dont diss it, Many people like it.

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
but regardless of emtv or any financial situation....the Muppets will always be around...always.
I'm sorry Cory but that is just absolute bull - the Muppets might not be around even in a few years time BECAUSE of the EMTV/financial situation. They could get sold onto a company that might retire them after a bad project or they could be sold to a company who just wants the video library and doesn't care about the characters, or EMTV could go into liquidation - JHC could get split up and the Muppet puppets could be sold to someone who just wants to put them in a museam - all VERY possible things if the business side went belly up - of course we hope it won't happen, but don't be so sure of yourself, there's absolutely nothing you or the fans could do in this situation.

As for dissing KSY this vocally without even seeing it - if Steve and Bill walk upto you at Muppetfest, put a friendly hand on your shoulder and invite you for a once in a lifetime exclusive tour of their dressing room to meet Pepe and Kermit i wouldn't go if i was you, things might turn nasty.

radionate

Reaction score
Warrick beat to the punch on this one. I haven't liked any of the direct to video Muppet Stuff I've seen (Muppet Classic Theater, Muppet Babies stuff, The educational videos), so I was aprehensive about KSY too.

Then I bought it and sat down last night and checked it out. It really was cute. The chemistry between the little felt frogs (and one toad) was great. The whole thing was charming.

I think you have your head in a dark orifice if you aren't willing to even check out the special. You can't critize something if you don't know anything about it. Period.

Like momma always says, "How do you know you don't like peas until you try them?"

beaker

Reaction score
This is the part where I take off the kid gloves...

>>>I'm sorry Cory but that is just absolute bull - the Muppets might not be around even in a few years time BECAUSE of the EMTV/financial situation.<<<

You must not be a real fan then. Were not talking about the end of a show or series...Im talking about the 'Muppets'...began in 1955 and will go on forever. Say its 'bull' to the muppeteers, to the fans, etc. You might have some knowlege of the em.tv business and all, but you have become so f'n cynical it's sickening...yes you said the Palisades figures might not last past wave three...thats fine. But to say 'its bull' to my saying 'The Muppets will be around for some time to come'...the heck?

>>>all VERY possible things if the business side went belly up - of course we hope it won't happen, but don't be so sure of yourself, there's absolutely nothing you or the fans could do in this situation.<<<

Wow...have you become so jaded, so far from your initial love of the thing your on every day to post about, that you see things that way? It's like the people who said the Muppets died with JH...totally false, and even if someday Sesame gets cancelled, the Muppets will be around forever. I hope ya dont see The Muppets as some ALF or Snoopy nostalgic trip.

>>>As for dissing KSY this vocally without even seeing it - if Steve and Bill walk upto you at Muppetfest, put a friendly hand on your shoulder and invite you for a once in a lifetime exclusive tour of their dressing room to meet Pepe and Kermit i wouldn't go if i was you, things might turn nasty.<<<

How dare you man! Since the time I was little what you just said has been an absolute dream of mine. How dare you belittle something so extremely joyous and unthinkably cool into some kind of personal attack. I dont even know what to say with that last comment. If you said that to anyone else on here they'd be peeved as well.

I did get to meet Bill, and had a special oppurtunity to have it signed 'from pepe'...So no, while I have only gotten to meet up close and in person Sweetums, meeting the Muppets would be one of my life's biggest dreams come true.