Muppet Haunted Hotel

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
This is the part where I take off the kid gloves...
Gee .... i'm so scared ! *Bites fingernails*

You must not be a real fan then. Were not talking about the end of a show or series...Im talking about the 'Muppets'...began in 1955 and will go on forever. Say its 'bull' to the muppeteers, to the fans, etc.
I am talking about the Muppets that belong (officially) to EMTV, a company in dire financial trouble. I'm sure the Muppets will go on forever in people's hearts, minds and through video etc, and any chance of bad stuff happening is very minimal, but to say there will always be new Muppet stuff or actual puppets out there on TV is unfortunately no longer a 'given'. I'm not being cynical about it, i'm being realistic - i'm sure you've read the news releases as i have. To say they are 'safe' is just not true - it's sad, but it's life. You mention the Muppeteers - do you not think they are worrying about their jobs and future careers right now ?

As for the rest, i won't even bother. You are just acting like such a total d*ckhead lately and your attitude is so bad that it's no longer worth getting into these things with you. If you want to question who is a 'fan' and who is not then i'd take a look in the mirror and at your actions around the forum over the last month or so !

danielromens

Reaction score
Luke, I have to agree with you buddy, a d*ckhead indeed. It would seem to this poster that beaker has lost all sense of what makes this forum a forum, namely the right to one's own opinion. Beaker, first of all I'd say you need to sit down and take a breath, use that time to learn some tact, and then go back and read the responces for your posts. Heck, go back and read your posts, I think you'll see that your behavior is rediculous. You've stated your opinions and luke and the others are stating there's. No need to get your Kermit panties in such a tight wad my friend.

Luke is absolutely right, and down right realistic when it comes to the current state of the union. the muppets, though loved by all of us, are in the plainest sence, a commodity. They are a group of copyrighted characters, no longer owned by someone who is out for their best interest, but the interest of their struggling bankrupted company. As for the sentimental, beaker, you are correct they will continue to live as a television and film phenom, a fact that Luke agreed with, further cementing the observation that you have seeming gone off the perverbial deep end. Let's face it though, the sections of the Henson company could very well be split and shelled out to whoever may bid on them, a case which would be tragic and truly the end of an era.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>As for the rest, i won't even bother. You are just acting like such a total d*ckhead lately and your attitude is so bad that it's no longer worth getting into these things with you. If you want to question who is a 'fan' and who is not then i'd take a look in the mirror and at your actions around the forum over the last month or so !<<<

First off, it's Cory...I know ya might spell things with an extra e, but if youre gonna attack somebody at least get their name right!

It pains me to see this, but whereas you yourself used to be objective and nice in your own Lukester way. You have had nothing but the most bleakest and cynical things to say lately.
You seem to thrive on giving away possible hush hush stuff you shouldnt, then somehow manage to say Palisades line won't last past a couple waves, and that the Muppets are teteering on the brink of destruction. You attack me for me stating the same apprehension about KSY, yet you yourself first badmouthed the Hoobs show, then jumped on board, and even bashed Bear in Big Blue House...not to mention dooming the upcoming Fox show.

You call me a D-head? You no longer seem to be the cool collective comrade you once were. It is clear youre only hear to be a scenester and a rabble rouser.

>>>Luke, I have to agree with you buddy, a d*ckhead indeed. It would seem to this poster that beaker has lost all sense of what makes this forum a forum, namely the right to one's own opinion.<<<

Daniel, don't get me started. Ive never had a problem with you, but now youre attacking me. Believe me, youve stated some some on this and other forums that have been less than well receptive. People use the expression the pot calling the kettle black...well, as it stands MC is rampant with sickening hypocrisy...
quite a few have lost the idea of why your'e all on here.

Luke

Reaction score
Cory,

First off apologies for the mispelling of your name - i do usually spell it without the 'e' but i noticed that lots of other people were spelling it with the 'e' and thought i had it wrong. It would be useful to have it in your sig maybe seeing as it can be spelled two ways.

Secondly i'm not getting into arguing with you - if all this stuff is really what you think then thats absolutely fine and your opinion. It's probably right to say i'm not the most enthusiastic person at times but then i tell it like it is, and when things are (in my opinion) good, i say so. It's too early to say anything about the Fox show - all i said was what i thought it would turn out like, and far from dooming it, i actually like the sound of that.

It was wrong to call you what i did so sorry about that, but your words over the last couple of days (as i think multiple others have pointed out in multiple other threads) have been very strong and to the point where they start to get personal and annoy people. It's been fairly out of character for you, and you seem yourself to have changed your mind about a few things so i hope we can all get along whether we agree or disagree.

I guess we all have our bad days !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Secondly i'm not getting into arguing with you - if all this stuff is really what you think then thats absolutely fine and your opinion. It's probably right to say i'm not the most enthusiastic person at times but then i tell it like it is, and when things are (in my opinion) good, i say so. It's too early to say anything about the Fox show - all i said was what i thought it would turn out like, and far from dooming it, i actually like the sound of that.<<<

Sorry to see some people not in on it all get scathed...I guess it was more a commentary on how fed up we were with people bad mouthing KSY, having seen it or not.

Yes, you are one for telling it like it is! To be honest, some of your pessimistic views on Palisades line and the Fox show are far from mine, but that is why we have a forum!

I guess it is time to turn our swords into plow penguin throwing!

radionate

Reaction score
I guess it was more a commentary on how fed up we were with people bad mouthing KSY, having seen it or not.
Cory, have you ever thought about going into politics? You seem to have waffling down to an artform.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Cory, have you ever thought about going into politics? You seem to have waffling down to an artform<<<

Well, the ever evolving paradigm and shifty spin doctoring seems right up my alley right? Heh...The archetecural backbone of what makes a great forum or mouth piece online is the ability to 'evolve' one's thoughts. Cynicism has become so nested into our collective minds, no matter how much of the idea of 'Muppetdom' we hold dear. It's up to the individual to pick themselves out of that jaded cynical fog.

And did you say Waffles? I'll take two! To people reading this wondering what the heck is going on...this Nate guy, Ive only chatted with him a few times online, but this is a cool guy in my book. If anybody wants to have a good conversation about music, IM Nate up.

And did you say Waffles? I'll take two!

radionate

Reaction score
No doubt about it anymore, Cory is on drugs.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>No doubt about it anymore, Cory is on drugs<<<

Because I actually enjoyed KSY dvd? Like I said, I did have a problem with some of the human acting, but its not the human actor's fault. I liked a good portion of the KSY movie itself(how could ya not love croaker???) but it was the extras that really made it shine.

Hehe, and for the record I have never ever used drugs or smoked, nor will I ever. I guess it stems from being a kid of the late 80's!