Muppet Labs Playset Arrives: When and Where

Gonzo

Reaction score
I got my Beaker/Muppet Labs Playset today--Toys R Us in Sugarhouse/Salt Lake City, Utah.

Beaker is PERFECT, and the playset is awesome---very much worth the 22.99 I spent for it, even though we're freaking POOR! I love the paint job on the playset--very industrial, a little dark, but it looks more "real" than the Muppet Labs segments ever did on TMS. With the Gorilla Detector and Robot Rabbit, Bunsen, and Beaker all there, it's quite the spectacle. And it's good for playin' with.

My one problem was the lab table that it comes with--when I opened my package, the whole table was bent--shifting to one side. When I attempted to GENTLY straigten it, the entire assembly broke--the crossbraces at the base of the table separated from the legs, and it's gonna take some supergluing of some kind to get it all together again. Don't know if it's me or the design, but a heads-up to be careful with it...that plastic is pretty brittle, it turns out.

Anyhoo--great set, well worth the money, and my Beakie is currently getting ready to be the subject of ANOTHER experiment.

Thanks, Palisades!!!!!

Quinnnnnnnnn

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Yeah the wire coming out of the back of the table fell straight off on mine too.

see ya

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Quinnnnnnnnn

So you're blowing up Muppet Labs already, eh? Thanks for the tip. This is good news. I'm off to go get mine.

By the way, have you found exclusive Kermit in the tux yet? Do you have EB exclusive Miss Piggy?

Hasta la Pasta!

GWGumby

Reaction score
Dang, why did I leave the Beehive state for Texas? The local EB doesn't show the Muppet Labs as being available for another several weeks! (Of course they also show Series 2 being available August 3, so I'm guessing the dates aren't necessarily that reliable there. But we've covered that already.)

I also checked my local TRU and once again got pointed to go look in the Toddler section. They are so clueless there. They wouldn't even take the time to look it up or do any actual research to help me. Merely a shoulder shrug and a point in a direction. I try to ask a different person each time I go there hoping maybe somebody knows what's going on. But no. It's sad when customers know more than the sellers.

Blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine, I just want my Beaker!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I also checked my local TRU and once again got pointed to go look in the Toddler section. They are so clueless there. They wouldn't even take the time to look it up or do any actual research to help me. Merely a shoulder shrug and a point in a direction. I try to ask a different person each time I go there hoping maybe somebody knows what's going on. But no. It's sad when customers know more than the sellers.<<<

Yeah, muppet ignorance still runs rampant. dont worry, the day is coming when muppets will once again rise to prominence, its already slowly happening, but will soon (rhymes will ooh-fowsand-gree) the workers there just dont know any better, as all they know is muppet babies and sesame. but the true believers know^_^ hehe anyways, kb doesnt seem to carry any of it, as muppet figures are scarce to find outside of eb and comic shops. so beaker playset is *actually* out??? or is this just in very select areas? Northern California seemed to be last to get the figures.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Yes, it is true, friends and the rest. As of yesterday, Beaker & Muppet Labs is now in Moi's possession!

I LOVE the packaging and box, with a different picture of Beaker on every side!

I love how Beaker can touch his face!

I love the paint scheme of the laboratory playset. Makes the brilliant & brightly painted Muppet figures stand out all the more in this Muppet Labs setting. This is art. This is science. This is Fun!

I love playing/experimenting with it! Which I'm off to do... right.... NOW!

Hasta la Pasta!

John Steffens

Reaction score
Muppet Labs is in Las Vegas, at the Toys R Us on Maryland Prkwy Got them in yesterday, there was about 3 or 4 left after I got mine. They also got in more figures, including Dr. Teeth and Bunsen!! Also have Piggy and Tux Kermit.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Earlier todayeeee, I called the EB in my area. The guy I talked to said that playset should come in around the 25 of this month...

gringo

Reaction score
I called a couple local TRU in the Seattle area, and the just got them in the warehouse. They said they should be in stores within the next week or two. Yeah. :smile:

Mark

Dr Teeth

Reaction score
YES!!! I got my Muppet Labs set today!! :big_grin:
It is AWSOME!! The packaging is great. I can't wait to get more of these playsets (especially Swine Trek). If you thought about passing on the playsets you REALLY need to see them in person. By the way I got it at the TRU in Orem, Utah. :cool: