Muppet Labs Playset Arrives: When and Where

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
Grail,

Which TRU? I live here in Muncie so Indy/Castleton is my closest bet!!

Jim

grail

Reaction score
actually the Castleton store is where they had it. they're holding mine to pick up on the way to work (i live outside Beech Grove, but work in Carmel) and she said there were 6 in front of her when i called...number is 3178419334 if you want to call and have one held for you

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
thanks, grail!

I called Castleton after I read the post (that was as far as I was willing to drive yesterday!) and they held one for me. When I got down there, besides holding mine, there was 1 other on hold, 2 on the shelf, and 1 with the guy ahead of me in the check out!

THESE ARE VERY VERY POPULAR!!

I noticed that they also had quite a stock of tux Kermits! This is exciting because our Muncie TRU has yet to get ANYTHING!!!!

But anyway, thanks again, grail! We'll have to keep each other posted on future sightings!!

Jim

grail

Reaction score
heh...mine would have been the other one that was on hold. that TRU historically gets things first in this city...they make the most money.

beaker

Reaction score
grrrrrrrrrrrrr

well, i went to three different toys r us', several eb's, and a bunch of other places...but no beaker! which brings me to this. at one of the eb's, several people were also enquiring about beaker, even going through the blister carded tms figures for one. one guy said it was an industry only internet thing. i clarified, saying beaker only comes with a playset which is in some toys r us'. and then
i think i had to echoe my sentiments with these guys...BEAKER SHOULD BE CARDED seperately! some people might not have or want to spend $25 on a playset just to buy beaker.

ive noticed at toys r us, eb and some other places the only figures left are kermits, and a piggy or two. in hindsight, might it had been better to pack more of the 'obscure' muppets, ie: dr. teeth and bunsen? these seem to be the ones that get grabbed up while the others are well, peg warming.

I think i'd have to agree it might have been better if beaker was individually carded, as he has this insane populairty like boba fett, for not being considered a 'main player'. so yeah, i was pretty dissapointed at going to virtually every local tms carrier and seeing nada.(btw kbee, fye, etc does nto carry any of em)

*sigh* one of beaker's biggest fans, and i cant seem to find him(while all you lucky custards have him already grrr^_^)

on a brighter note, i did track down the nifty new beaker and invader zim shirts at hot topic!

ps: after a couple emails, still no collector's club email. anyone else have this same problem?

///beaker///

Reaction score
hey there,
Still no beakers here in Chicago. I've hit most of the retailers downtown that I know have been carrying the line, and I finally made it out to Toys R Us today. I got a blank stare when I asked the guy at the counter if they had them or were getting them in. I even pointed to the little picture on the back of tux kermit, which I had originally decided not to buy but couldn't resist once i saw him up close (he just looks so snappy). So long story short, no Beaker playsets yet in the city which brought you Vanishing Cream Beaker...(i don't even have one of those yet, and i live here)
And in response to the beaker on this board, no i also have not received anything back about the collectors club. I think I may try sending another email tonight.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Send your e-mails to me at klilly@palisadestoys.com...I will see what I can do to get you the e-mail you need to join.

One problem that we have been discovering is that some people have settings in their e-mails that block "junk" posts and other posts with attachments. Our file, coming from a business site, could be misidentified by your e-mail software as junk and it also has an attachment.

Check your filters. Make sure you CAN recieve the e-mail. Every single person thus far that has contacted us to get the e-mail had some sort of issue like this. I have checked and rechecked the list...and ALL e-mails were sent to all the people who responded. If you are not getting yours...you gotta help me help you.

In addition, in a few days we will post the e-mail to our website and you can print it and get it there if we still can't get you the mails. BUT...one of the perks of the club is getting sneak peek images and an e-newsletter...so getting your e-mail configured to accept stuff from us would really be beneficial.

Sorry if anybody feels jerked about Beaker. I think he should be in the playset, but that's me. Makes the most sense there. There will be other Beakers in future series, in a card, but for now we felt the time was right for a more signature character to launch the playset program. I'm sure people will feel hosed about Animal and the Chef too...

grail

Reaction score
personally, i LIKE the sets...

one of the things i have heard over and over is "Animal's got to have his drumset". the drumset you guys gave him is awesome, but there's no way he could have been put on a card and people NOT feel cheated out of a really cool accessory. i FINALLY got my Muppet Labs, and i just can't understand how anyone can look at the thing and NOT want it. and i'm sure the Chef blows it all away...i have no problem shelling out the extra cash for such groovy accessories...which is basically what they are.

and like i said in another string, i want a full-size Muppet Labs for MuppetFest!! Okay, i really just want my picture taken with Beaker...

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
In addition, in a few days we will post the e-mail to our website and you can print it and get it there if we still can't get you the mails.
you weren't kidding...it's on there now

beaker

Reaction score
grail:

>>>and like i said in another string, i want a full-size Muppet Labs for MuppetFest!! Okay, i really just want my picture taken with Beaker...<<<

oh yeah! a muppet labs would be great. personally i would have liked if ya could take yer picture with a muppet last year, but at least sweetums was available for photo ops! hopefully they do that option tho for muppetfest 2003!