Muppet Labs Playset Arrives: When and Where

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
I got a notice today from EB Games that my Muppet Labs with Beaker shipped. I'll have to clear some space on my shelf to set it up with the other figures!!

Smig

Reaction score
To those of you in the Boston area, HARRISON"S COMICS on Essex Street in Salem got about Six of the Lab playsets this morning. they're priced at $29.95.

oops- make that FIVE playsets!

Smig

Smig

Reaction score
Word of advice to all of you who haven't got the Lab playsets yet- It might be nice to have a little "superglue" on hand..
When I got the twists off the Lab experiment table, the whole thing came apart..i mean ENTIRELY apart...as though it hadn't even been assenbled. The base and the wiring connecting the table to the electrode helmet came off like nothing...
That's a minor quibble, however, everything else was perfect, and all I really wanted was the figure, anyways, which is GORGEOUS...
In terms of both looks AND posabilty, this is the best of the first series. It stands up on its own with NO trouble at all, and with its twistable head and BOTH arms articulated at shoulber, elbow, and wrist, you can put it into many in-character poses. (Beaker relied a lot on hand gestures) I STILL wish that the figure could close the mouth and push the head into the collar but still, I'm EXTREMELY pleased...
I'm sure common sense would dictate I return the set to the store, but like i said, the table is nothing a little superglue won't fix..It's not like i'm collecting for investment purposes..
If there's anything I really think was wrong with the table was that I wished the straps were longer so I could strap BUNSEN in..
(The Gorilla Detector is a riot!)
But Beaker is PERFECT, and to me that's what counts..
Where'd I put that glue?
Smig

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you finally got one Smig! You are one of the biggest Beaker fans around. You've been waiting a long time for this.

I wonder what you have in store for your poor little Beaker figure... :eek:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Smig
That's a minor quibble, however, everything else was perfect, and all I really wanted was the figure
Well no, if we're all being honest - it's a major QC flaw - but glad you got what you wanted Smiggy and glad the figure was in one piece. Also glad you know what the heck to do with Super Glue to these things - i wouldn't have a clue !

Joe

Reaction score
TRUs in New England should be receiving their first Beaker shipments this week(that is, if they don't have them already!)

(my local TRU has them scheduled to come in tomorrow)

Smig

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

Well no, if we're all being honest - it's a major QC flaw - but glad you got what you wanted Smiggy and glad the figure was in one piece. Also glad you know what the heck to do with Super Glue to these things - i wouldn't have a clue !
Oh, I agree with you on THAT point, Luke, it IS a major Quality Control flaw, But luckily, the table is more like DISSASSEMBLED rather than BROKEN, so I don't see why I couldn't fix it up myself
rather than return the whole set to the store (with the possibility that any other sets may be sold out) but that's Me. I;m just too d**n easy to please..

Oh, I WOULD have returned it if the figure- or even the main lab setup itself was in bad shape..

But i basically did that post in the first place as a kind of Be-careful warning to anyone that didn't get the set yet. Hypocritical as I may sound right now, if you find anything broken/ and you're NOT pleased at all/ as you should be with it, return or exchange it if you can.
Do as I say, not as I do.. works for politicians.

Smig

GWGumby

Reaction score
San Antonio

Just got back from a week in San Antonio for SIGGRAPH 2002 (computer graphics expo) and found a half-dozen or so Muppet Lab playsets in a TRU in northern San Antonio near the airport.

This thing is awesome! After seeing pictures and reading reviews and pretty much knowing exactly what to expect, I was still blown away at just how utterly fantastic this playset is--especially for the price.

And can I just add that I am so glad there are no stupid pegs the characters have to stand on so we can get random muppet-phrases.

Thanks again Palisades!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just got my set

Just got a Lab set from a store here in San Francisco and it's so incredibly cool! I also got another Bunsen to keep MOC. And TRU lists mid-August for the set. They need help!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Smig
But luckily, the table is more like DISSASSEMBLED rather than BROKEN
LOL - it sounds like Bunsen and Beaker got bored on the ship so decided to try out some experiments in Muppet Labs but blew up the joint ! ;-)