1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Labs Playset Arrives: When and Where

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Jul 11, 2002.

1. trammel

trammel New Member

I saw 2 Muppet Labs playsets at the Newbury Comics in Bellingham, MA today.

-Tom
  2. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

Once upon a time, in a not so far away land, I had one of those Star Wars unpainted playsets from the 80's. And I hated it! Didn't enjoy it one iota. As we all know, Hate leads to fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to.... well, read on.

It was the Yoda swamp set. Everything was all one horrid drab beige color (including Yoda), or some dreadfully rotton medieval Earth tone. --The irony! Yoda's swamp's not even supposed to be on Earth!

Now, maybe I'm not your average model citizen, because I never played with or bothered to paint the blasted thing. Call me a stick in the mud, but it looked so dull and uninteresting, I couldn't muster up the interest to do anything with it.

That's when I joined the dark side, and never bothered with an unpainted toy again.

Based on a true story.

To be continued: A New Hope. --That actually does have a happy ending! I'll get to execute my creativity sticker-wise with the new and exciting exclusive Vacation Fozzie Bear! :D

No vacations to Degobah however. :cool:
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

LMAO SG !!!!!

Similar story here actually - i had the 'Jabba The Hut Throne Room' kit and yes, it was all brown and grey because obviously you're supposed to paint it (knowing Lucas, in equally drab colors). Anyway i was like 8 so i didn't know where to buy paints , the booklet was in German (my mom ALWAYS was cheap and bought me the import versions of things) and i had found i could play with it anyway without bothering to paint it so i did. I ended up selling it on Ebay for a nice price though last year but there were tons of people bidding so they are popular somewhere. I always thought the pieces needed to be larger - the Star Wars figures included were tiny.

I dunno - it might work with older muppet fans. I guess the colors would be brighter and technology has moved on a bit since the 80's. Maybe the mass-market isn't there, but Henson released the book of crafts and that seemed to do ok - they even did TV promotion for it.
  4. grail

grail New Member

i OWN that book...it's groovy!
  5. matleo

matleo Active Member

Yah!!!! I have my Beaker now!! Finally!! I love him. Actually I like him a lot more than I thought I would. I mean, I wasn't expecting to hate him or anytihng, but I'm not much of Beaker fan so to say I love him is sayin a lot. I only wish he could bend over abot so you could make him look at Bunsen. I had never noticed until now, how much Richard had to cheat Beaker to make him look. Anyway, that's my onlt quibble. Otherwise, he's great!!! Thank you Palisades!!! bring on Series 2!!!

--Matt
  6. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

Oh, yes! I love that Muppets Big Book Of Crafts! Very super. Could almost inspire one to actually make a mod-podge lodge for Yoda & friends.

I'm enjoying everybody's creativity with their avatars lately too! BAZ, awesome Rowlf avatar! And of course I love your penguin, Luke, just in case I haven't told you that before! Grail, cool transformer, but where'd the Green Lantern go? I need more info on that figure. He's too cool.

Funny how my Star Wars post followed trammel's nifty Dirth Nader avatar. Almost as if it were planned.
  7. grail

grail New Member

more info on who? GL or Unicron?
  8. BAZ

BAZ New Member

Thanks, it's Rowlf from when he was on the Jimmy Dean Show. I chose that image because not only do I remeber watching him back then, it was the only reason I watched Jimmy Dean. I could be anywhere in the house and when Rowlf's theme music started I would be in front of the TV in 2 seconds or less!
  9. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Muppet Labs in Buffalo NY

I got mine the other day, it was the last one left too!

Zack)Rowlf the, from Toysrus...not EB,Dog.
  10. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

More info on the Green Lantern figure, please. I have the 1984 Super Powers Green Lantern by Kenner.

BAZ--
    Also I've only seen a few selected clips, but I didn't know Rowlf had his own theme music on the Jimmy Dean show. What was it like? Piano music or what?
  11. BAZ

BAZ New Member

That's the part I don't remember. What the music was. I'm sure it was some simple little tune. I just have very strong memory of hearing that music from my bedroom. Running full steam for the living room. When I got to there I would drop to my stomach and slid accross the floor, stopping in front of the TV.

I know I watched him every week. Rowlf would be behind a wooden fence (I think) and talk to Jimmy Dean. I remeber one week Rowlf was preparing to go to the moon. He pointed to one part of his space suit and said that was full of choclate syrup for when he got to the Milky Way.

I also recall one week there was another man there talking to Rowlf also. My mom explained to me that was the man underneath Rowlf, Jim Henson.

But I don't recall the intro music for Rowlf. ...sigh
  12. Satcapricorn

Satcapricorn New Member

I gotta get my playset this week!!!jeez i'll go nuts collecting these things lol
  13. GonzoFan

GonzoFan New Member

The Lab set just came in at EB here in PA! Go to run and get it now!
  14. Satcapricorn

Satcapricorn New Member

I just got mine today lol
  15. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

The lab was supposed to come in today at the EB in the Mall at Fairfield Commons (Beavercreek, OH), however as of the time I got on the internet, it has not arrived yet.

However my Mom (ain't she great?) reserved one for me. Weeeeeeee!
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yay Emmy's Mom !!!!
  17. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Well, after I got off the internet earlier, there was a message from EB. Muppet Labs was in! Wooooo-Hooooo! So I went to get it. When I got there, no playsets were set out. This did not worry me, since my mom reserved one (go Mommy! Whooooooo!). When I got to the counter I handed the guy the recipt thing, and he said, "Let me guess, a Muppet Labs?" So I got mine. Yay!

Let me just say, wow! It is so neato! However, I didn't think that it would be so big. This is where I run into problem. I shoved my figures into every nook and cranny left in my room. There is no place to put this monster of a thing! (right now it's sitting on a huge pile of clothes. If I don't move it now, that's where it will forever be)
  18. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

I saw one last night at TRU in Fort Worth near the Ridgmar Mall.
  19. Jackie

Jackie New Member

I got mine! Joe got it for me at the Jersey City Toys R Us! They only had 2 in! I called the lady the same day and asked her if they had any in and she said no. Joe went there anyway and saw the 2 boxes. Either the other lonely one is still there or someone grabbed it right away :) I'm just glad Beaker is sitting happily in my room! LOL!
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yay Joe ! Y'know i think Ken needs to make some special shades for lil' ol Beaker knowing what he's gonna be exposed to now ! ;-)