Muppet Listings 13.0

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mallachy. Did most of this work about two summers ago. The rest has been through www.imdb.com's cast listings for the movies, and constant updates from my trusty staff of sources. The thing keeps expanding, and it's my pet project for further research once I finish studying law.

Deanmo19, how'd you get access to those shows? Keep sending in those international additions, rully appreciate it.
PS: Are those the names of those respective countries' versions of SS? And do you think they should be added as "(SS, from SS Norway)" or "(SS, from Rechov Sumsum)"?
Just asking so as to be able to add these as best as possible. Hope to hear from you guys soon, and have a good night.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, keep 'em coming.
Deanmo, the Abelardo you listed is the one I remember from my childhood as the first Big Bird counterpart on Plaza Sesamo. Also, is it "Moishe Oofnik"? Thought it was "Moishe Ufnik".
Also, don't forget I need the human caasts of these international SS shows. That includes the names of the characters and the names of the actors who portrayed them.
Again, thanks and keep 'em coming!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I got a few cahnges to the things deanmo said about the characters from Norway.

Max Mekker don't own the train station, he is the repair man on the sation and he always talks in rimes.
Bjarne don't own a ticket booth, he is in charge of the mail and cargo that comes to the station.

Finally theres one more character on Sesam Stajon thats "Py" she is a small red monster and was born on the station, or rather she came out of her blue egg on the station. In one episode the inside of the egg was shown and it was revealed that she had pictures on the wall and a small tv where she saw...........Sesam Stajon :smile:

BTW count do you want the names of the human characters aswell ?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Muppet_dk. Course I'd like to add the human cast as well, if it's possible to get a list of said human cast along with the respective actors' names.
Wouldn't be complete without them. After all, would a list of the US version be complete without Gordon or Susan or Luis or María?
Hope to hear from all you guys soon, and have a good night.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Question time again. Since I added "The Badger" to the listings, was wondering if you could help with the following. Here's what I got from a list of Rhonda the Rat's interview subjects from a fellow source.
1 Red Fish.
2 Yellow Fish.
3 Rainbow-Colored Snake.
4 Black and white cat.
5 Brown, black and white anteater.
6 Pink pig.
7 Yellow shaggy dog.
How do you think it would be best to add these characters? Hope to hear from you soon, and have a good weekend.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Count, I should let you know that Xerus has traded me all of his JHAS episodes for my Plaza Sesamo episodes, so I can help you with any of it.

1 Red Fish.
Probably shouldn't add him. He only made one appearance, I think.
2 Yellow Fish.
Same as the red fish; you probably shouldn't add him. Both he and the red fish can be counted in the "The Fish" category under TMS, since they all have the same basic design.
3 Rainbow-Colored Snake.
Hmm, I need to check my tapes; he may be a TMS character.
4 Black and white cat.
I believe that this is the Muppet version of Socks the Cat, Bill Clinton's pet, who made an appearance in an episode of "Larry King Live" when the Muppets take over.
5 Brown, black and white anteater.
That's Flaubert, from MTI.
6 Pink pig.
He's basically a TMS-like pig, and appears in several episodes. You could label him as "The Pig That Eats Like a Skunk", since in one episode Stinky says that his mother tells him that he eats like a pig. (The pig comes to offer him lessons!)
7 Yellow shaggy dog.
Possibly built for another production, and probably shouldn't be listed.

Also, the Israeli grouch's name is "Moishe Oofnik".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks MuppetDude. Well, since you brought up the character/entry of "The Badger" thought I'd ask for the characters from Rhonda the Rat's interviews to add them too.
So, the Pig that Eats Like a Skunk should be added?
So, the Cat should be added?
So, the Rainbow Snake should be added? (Like this one, reminiscent of a true mythic creature that goes by that name.)
Keep me updated and hope to hear from you guys with more international SS or US SS characters soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I think that the pig should be added, and Socks the Cat can be added like this:

Socks the Cat (Larry King Live and JHAS)

I still haven't seen the Rainbow Snake yet.

And here's a new one I discovered today:

Jiffy the Turtle--the Shelly Turtle puppet with a hat and white hair. He appears in an episode to eat at Hooper's Store.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi MuppetDude, few updates.
1 So you can find it better, the rainbow-colored snake appeared in the next-to-last episode. It's Episode 64, guest starring Ernie the Mongoose and Kyle the Secretary Bird.
2 The link to Sesame Workshop you gave me works, but there's a snag. Whenever I click on the links to the different international co-productions, all I get is a synopsis of what or how that version of SS is unique to that international local. There's no list of what characters are from those versions of the show.
Can wait till you get together a batch of characters and descripts, just post as soon as you've got it together.
Thanks for the help, and hope to hear from you guys soon.