Muppet Listings 13.0

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I remember Doug E. Doug from the show "Cosby" (from the nineties).

And "The King and the Fireman" was the title used for "The Sesame Street Fairy Tale Album", as well as a SS bedtime storybook.

I've also got the "six dwarves" clip.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
644 Donnizetti Ferlenghetti (SS)
It's "Ferlinghetti Donizetti". I'm 100% sure. Also, there is no green Extreme; he's blue.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So, you're weighing in on that again? Well, in case you missed my post on it, I'll explain myself on this subject one more time.

Every time I posted ML updated threads I got posts from people saying that I had it erroneously listed in the D's and should be moved to the F's under "Ferlinghetti Donizetti". And when the next version with said correction got posted, I'd get posts from people saying that it was erroneously changed and should be switched back to the D's under "Donnizetti Ferlinghetti".
So, here's what I decided. This character will remain listed in the D's until I can get definitive proof from watching the episodes of SS themselves to confirm and end this one way or another. Hope you can understand my position on this topic.

BTW: Be sure to post when you've got some additions to make to the listings, either from SS USA, International SS, or JHH.
Thanks and hope to hear from you soon, and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from, and I know where you can find the proof: from Sesame Street, episode #2574, and the home video "Getting Ready to Read" (they even spell it out on the video's activity book).

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Here's a few from JHH:

BRUNO--Anthony and Fern's pet: a gigantic Muppet tarantula.

THE SCREAMING NO-NO'S--tiny Muppet humans who scream "no, no!" when they're eaten by Anthony (as a snack).

THE GARBAGE BAGS--they're already listed, but they also appear in TAOEIG.

BARBARA STREISANDWICH--appears in a commercial for a food-related album. She's basically a Muppet sandwich.

SAM AND ELLA--appear in the same commercial to sing "Veal Meat Again". Sam is a greyish-tan Whatnot with a long nose that sticks out. He wears a tux, and has short brown hair and sleepy eyes. Ella is a turquoise Whatnot with curly brown hair, a pink nose, sleepy eyes, thick-rimmed pointy glasses, and a blue dress.

THE DAVE CARP FIVE--a quintet of five fish who sing "Hey Food (not the SS version)" and "Like a Sturgeon" in the commercial.
On drums is a blue-eyelidded Gill Brother in a dark navy outfit;
on sax is the Mother fish with a pirate captain's hat;
on vocals is a "yellow fish"-headed character in a black suit;
on guitar is the Orange Fish (with angry blue eyelids) in a blue Captain's suit with a tri-cornered hat;
and on bass is the Grouper puppet wearing a sailor suit.

And here's a couple from "The Cosby Show: Cliff's Nightmare":

THE HYPOCRITIC OAF--the same puppet used for "The King of the Kingless Land" story from JHH, but dressed as a barber (I don't know why)

THE DISAGREEABLE SAUSAGE SANDWICH--a sub-sandwich filled with lots of onions, sauce, and other stuff.

Both of them also appear on JHH.

I'll send more as soon as possible, but ponder this; in one episode ("The Secrets of the Muppets"), Ambrosius (from "Labyrinth") appears among Muppet dogs (including three from "Dog City", Rowlf, the Storyteller's Dog, and the TOTBP Dog).

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Anthony looks sort of like a big cockroach with glasses, and Fern ( :wink: ) looks a bit like "The Creature from the Black Lagoon".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update guys. If there's one thing that makes me laugh, it's the celebrity parodies from the Muppet Universe.
Deanmo19, the only one from that list I don't have yet is "Xiao Mei Zi", so any info on that character will be appreciated.
MuppetDude, don't have any of those resources in my video library, though I'll probably talk about it with Justin.
As for the two monsters from JHH, is it "Fern" or "Fran"? Cause I believe that "Fern"is one of the female dog characters from Dog City, but I could be wrong.
Also, regarding Dark Crystal and Labyrinth... what arguement can you think of for including them in a listing like this when the man himself, Jim Henson, said that the characters from these two movies weren't to be considered as part of the overall Muppet family? Sure, they might have been created to operate like Muppets... but when Jim Henson says it himself, what is there left to say against that?
Well, thanks for the contributions, will add them to the growing list and make sure to keep 'em coming!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, just added the last batch of characters, and we're up to a grand total of 2717 entries.

Regarding Fern from JHH, I reminded myself that that is the correct name for the character who's denoted as Anthony's wife.
Regarding the entry for "Barbara Streisandwich", if it's a spoof of the real-life singer, shouldn't it be "Barbra Streisandwich"? Just asking cause I heard the real-life singer spells her name "Barbra".
Hope to hear from you guys with more additions soon, and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
You're right about "Barbra"; that'd probably be better.

The Count said:
Also, regarding Dark Crystal and Labyrinth... what arguement can you think of for including them in a listing like this when the man himself, Jim Henson, said that the characters from these two movies weren't to be considered as part of the overall Muppet family? Sure, they might have been created to operate like Muppets... but when Jim Henson says it himself, what is there left to say against that?
I can't really argue about that, but Ambrosius does appear alongside the Muppet dogs, like the Storyteller's Dog. One thing I forgot to mention was that these dogs were holding an O.M.D meeting: the Organization of Muppet Dogs.

And during that specific JHH episode, Jo-Jo, right next to Jim, says that the Muppets have done so many things over the years, following with a montage of Muppet and Creature Shop clips. So I'm not sure if the word "Muppet" is used for the actual characters or a general group of Henson-related creatures as opposed to a company name.

Also, Fizzgig appears in the audience of the Miss Galaxy contest.

Xiao Mei Zi is the Chinese name for "Little Plum". Personally I prefer the foreign name better; I like the sound of universal Muppets. :smile:

BTW, how much detail do you want of the international Muppets already listed? And for future additions?

The Multimuppet and Multimonstruo (there's only one) shouldn't be added to the list since they're the equivalent of SS's Anything Muppet and Anything Monster. However, they do have many "identities" which should be added.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi MuppetDude.
1 Will make the change to "Barbra Streisandwich" when I get back home.
2 Will make the change from "Little Plum" already added to "Xiao Mei Zi" when I get back home.
3 Agreed, the Mexican equivalent of Anything Muppet and Anything Monster won't be added.
4 For the time being, Fizzgig won't be added though he made the appearance in the JHH episode mentioned above.
5 You asked about details? Well, just keep supplying them how you've done before with the characters from TCT and Elmo's World in other threads. You've done work with those so far, just do your best in describing any characters you have knowledge of not added to the listings as of yet.
BTW: Will send you a PM soon regarding JHH.
Thanks and have a good day.