Muppet Listings 13.0

MuppetDude

Reaction score

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links MuppetDude. Will add them all.
Question though, why is it that when I click on the second link for the Jordanian co-production it takes me to the Dutch co-production?
And is Neno a copy of Elmo and thus shouldn't be added? Or is he the South African version of Elmo, thus meritous of addition to the list?
Well, have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
3 Rainbow-Colored Snake.
4 Black and white cat.
I checked out Rhonda Rat's reports yesterday, and here's what I came up with:

The Rainbow-Colored Snake was originally built for MTI, and was also used as Vicki the Snake for KSY, but with fuzzy pink lashes added. He probably shouldn't be added since he's more like the other Muppets you didn't include.

And though the cat was originally known as Socks on Larry King, his name on JHAS is "Trapdoor". Do you know the background for this name?

And Lawrence the Orangutan's name was referrenced during a "Habitat Time" segment, not a "Rhonda Rat" segment (though he frequently appeared in them, swinging on curtains and throwing things at Rhonda!)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates MuppetDude. Heh, Trapdoor the Cat, sounds funny. Unless it's something to do with the comic gag of a "trap door", then I don't know the origin of this character's name.
As for the rainbow snake, that one comes from world mythology. It's true name is "Aigas Muchas" and is a serpent supposed to bring good luck, living under rainbows, but also ready to attack those of bad or evil intentions. Could look it up over at www.pantheon.org for more info.
Will make the additions and hope to get more submissions from all of you guys for the list.
Have a good night.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Here's the origin of the cat's name:

In most of Rhonda's reports, her interviewees would often go off subject, or were very weird, or were very annoying. When they tested her patience, she would call "Trap door!" off camera, prompting the interviewee to plummet off screen! In one episode (I think she interviewed a mouse, or something small), the door didn't work, so she yelled "Trapdoor!", and the cat pounced on the poor animal!

Rhonda: "Trapdoor is also the name of the cat."

MuppetDude

Reaction score
"Doug the Barber" is played by Doug E. Doug, an African-American man with short dreadlocks that stick out, sort of like Coolio's.

Also:

You should probably consider changing the group "The Seven Dwarves" to "The Wrong Seven Dwarves".

One of the Six Dwarves is incorrectly named; instead of "Sleepy", it should be "Sneaky".

"The Story of the King Who Thought Fireman are Allowed" is more commonly known as "The King and the Fireman".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks MuppetDude. Uh... Where did you get the info for that last post from? Would like to know before making any changes. Oh, and remember to keep those as-of-yet unlisted characters a-comin'!

Bill

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but are the SS Characters really Muppets? I mean, I suppose they once were, but they obviously aren't any longer...

What's your take on that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course the puppet characters made for Sesame Street are Muppets. Just because Disney bought the characters that appeared on The Muppet Show and Bear in the Big Blue House doesn't diminish the fact that they were all made by Jim Henson and his puppet-based entertainment company. All of these characters were made to be puppets which could be simultaneously operated as marionettes, the true definition of what a Muppet is. And this would be a technical definition, though you could have different opinions of what a Muppet actually is. There could be puppets made to be operated as marionettes, and they wouldn't be Muppets because they either don't have that same classic feel/look nor are they made by the Jim Henson Company and/or Jim Henson Associates.
Sorry to get so wordy on you, but as you can tell, this is something that a lot of us feel strongly towards.
Just hope you have a good time here on the forums, enjoy yourself, and hope you like the master listing.