Muppet Listings 13.0

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey guys, been doin' a bit of work on updating the listings. Got a request, I need four more characters to end with a nice round total number of entries.
I got a few charactes on it's way to you later this week they are from a production that you dont got on your list yet.

Iokitek

Reaction score
I noticed the Dutch SS puppets were mentioned. But not the human actors. So I looked them up for you. here they are:

Elvan: Elvan Akyildiz.
Frank: Frank Groothof.
Sien: Sien Diels.
Paula: Paula Sleyp.
Aart: Aart Staartjes.
Gerda: Gerda Havertong.
Lot: Lot Lohr.
Hakim: Hakim Traidia.
Rik: Rik Hoogendoorn.
Buurman Baasje: Martin van Waardenberg.

Great list! Keep it up! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Io, keep your eyes peeled, version 14's coming soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey guys, been doin' a bit of work on updating the listings. Got a request, I need four more characters to end with a nice round total number of entries.

Will accept:
The cheese mayor from Spaceship Surprise's landing on the planet CH.
The shrimp sheriff from Spaceship Surprise's landing on the planet SH.
The trout that greeted the crew from Spaceship Surprise when they landed on the planet TR.
And one more entry, from any of the productions already listed if it's one that hasn't been added already.
Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.
I've seen the "CH" version, but don't recall any names. Maybe someone with the clip (like Boober_Gorg) can help out. It's probably Chester, or Charlie, or something like that.

The shrimp is named Sheriff Shane Shrimp, a pinkish-peach hand-puppet shrimp that looks a bit like Jacques Roach, with a cowboy hat.

The trout is named Trevor Trout, a hand-puppet trout with strange eye focus. :stick_out_tongue:

There are also three elephant trunks from the planet "TR" that played musical instruments: Trudy on trumpet, Trisha on trombone, and Trixie on triangle.

As for the planet "SH", there are also the Shopping Sheep, two lambs with eyelids, and who are holding shopping bags. And there is also the Shouting Shovel, an upside-down shovel with eyes and lips on the handle.

More on the way soon. :big_grin:

How soon do you need the rest of the international characters?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks MuppetDude. Is the Shouting Shovel seen on the planet SH the same character used as the Shrieking Shovel at the SH dinner hosted by Steppin' Out Guy Smiley?
Heh, just usin' some Palisades terminology on you.

Anyway, I've been updating all week. Slow going, cause not only am I updating the list, but I'm doing the stats as well owing to a mental mistake when working with the files last Wednesday night.
Anyway, as soon as the list's posted, please post these last additions in your post above along with whatever else you've got then.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Oh, to answer your question about poser Muppet puppets.
My understanding is that these are just non-functional versions of the characters used for imaging and photo shoots. If true, then I don't think they should be added to the list. However, an exception needs to be made for Baby Skeeter since this is the only known existing puppet of her.
Hope that helps clear things up.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The shovels are the same puppet, but I think that they have different puppeteers, so they are different characters.

I can't post new characters today, but maybe I can later this week. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No prob, MuppetDude, just post them when you're good and ready. Just means I'll have some more time later tonight to finalize the updates.
Have a good day.

spcglider

Reaction score
Did I miss seeing "Kermit the Pig" from the Cloris Leachman episode of the Muppet Show? Green pig with pointy collar?

-Gordon

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forums here at Muppet Central.
To answer your question... Kermit The Pig is properly listed, though he's in the P section under the subgrouping for The Pigs, along with all the other pig versions of the main Muppets from the Chloris Leechman episode.
Though this is version 13 of the list, you should rully go to version 15.0 since that's the latest version posted here on the boards.

Version 16 is in the works, seems hard to think about it, but it's taken me a whole year what with the breaks in Sesame Street Season 36. The new version will be posted when ready. Till then, have fun reading through version 15 and have fun here on the boards.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Phil has an international co-productions calendar that I gave him when I worked at Sesame. It would have nearly all the names of the new additions on it with nice scannable pictures. He said he was going to scan it up to put on the site but you may want to email him about it.