Muppet Listings 13.0

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Deanmo, will add your contributions now.

Skeeter and Baby Skeeter should stay though, because they do exist in one way or another.

Baby Skeeter exists in puppet form. There's a pic of her on a banner here at MC, which I believe was taken from an isolated video image of the Muppet Babies home movie from MFC. However, she has also appeared in books featuring the puppet versions of the Muppet Babies. One prime example is the story Steve Martin Goes Gaga Over Babes and it's accompanying pictures in the hardcover book titled "Muppets! Muppets! Muppets! The Best of Muppet Magazine".
And there's at least one custom version of Skeeter as an grown-up Muppet made by our own master Muppet customizer, Quinn Rollins.
Hope this helps clear up the confusion and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
The real surprise is that they got Carmen Osbar voicing Ursa. Why? Cause they've lured a Sesame Workshop puppeteer into the fray. On the one hand, it's good to see that Ms. Osbar is getting work other than Rosita from SS and that it's a sharing of puppeteers between different Muppet productions once again. But on the other hand, I'm worried that this could lead to a litigious war when it comes time to split her taping time between BITBBH and SS.
That and Ursa is Bear's Hispanic cousin. :smirk:

I own (almost all of) the full edit of MFC, including the full Muppet Babies number, and Skeeter is nowhere in sight. The puppet version you heard of is most likely a "poseur", and not a functional puppet.

A few notes on the new "Sesamstrasse" characters: I've never seen the show, but there have been pictures circulating around. From what I've seen, Dennis is the same Anything Monster puppet used for Maurice, but with different facial features. And Willi is a spare brown wolf puppet that has been used on Sesame Street (but still should be considered a "Sesamstrasse" character).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Duely noted my friend. The SS Germany entries listed by Deanmo above have been added. Well, even if it's not a functional puppet, at least it's a puppet form of Baby Skeeter and thus it should definitely count.

OK, only 21 entries needed to recalibrate and post ML14. So, please, keep em coming!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
A few notes on the new "Sesamstrasse" characters: I've never seen the show, but there have been pictures circulating around. From what I've seen, Dennis is the same Anything Monster puppet used for Maurice, but with different facial features. And Willi is a spare brown wolf puppet that has been used on Sesame Street (but still should be considered a "Sesamstrasse" character).
That would be me that have posted a few pictures of some of those characters on TP after Julian posted a few pics of the wolf. I had actually already a draft mail on stock for the count with those characters but I guess I can scrap that mail now. BTW the pictures I posted is here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/29.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/28.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/26.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/25.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/23.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/grouch3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/grouch2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/grouch1.jpg

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Nice pics. :smile: So all of those new characters you posted have been used on Sesame Street; Cuckoo looks exactly like (or is the same puppet of) Little Bird, and Grouchella was originally built for Elmo in Grouchland.

But does this mean all of those puppets won't be used on Sesame Street anymore? :cry:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
From Sesame Street:

LEO BIRDELLI--a "famous" bird art collector. He tries to talk Big Bird into giving him his Mr. Hooper picture. He was originally built as one of the Board of Bird birds; he's the brown one with the long yellow beak, baggy eyes, lavendar sleepy eyelids, glasses, a brown plaid vest, and a red scarf-like garment under his neck, tucked into his vest. In the episode he was given his name in, he wore a dark brown hat.

AUNTIE ADUBON--Big Bird's aunt. She was also originally built as one of the Board of Bird birds; she's the pink one with a yellow beak, sleepy blue eyelids, and a white scarf/shawl. In the episode she was given her name, she had fuzzy red feathered hair.

THE FROSTY FOUR--four penguins with straw hats and bowties. They appear in "Bert and Ernie's Word Play".

MR. BULL--appears in an episode of "Alphabet Chat". He's the Maxine Cow puppet with frizzy white hair, and draped in a "B" blanket.

THE SQUIRRELLES--they're already in the list, but they have names:
Rhonda is the lead singer, and is pink with short red hair and sleepy blue eyelids.
Crystal is dark purple with yellow eyelids.
Darlene is light purple with short orange hair and orange eyelids.

THE ZYDECO BAND--also already listed, but Sesame Street has been calling them "The Oatbran Zydeco 'Je Ne Sais Quoi' Band" on a few albums.

EUNICE THE PIG--one of Old McDonald's pigs.

POLLY THE COLLIE--a Muppet collie, specially built for Sesame Street.

SHIVERS THE PENGUIN--a penguin that loves to sing. Made an appearance last year.

EPITAPH THE RACE HORSE--a light brown (Buster puppet) racing horse wearing a red/yellow harlequin racing horse's uniform.

FORTUNE COOKIE THE RACE HORSE--a brown (Fred puppet) racing horse wearing a red/yellow harlequin racing horse's uniform.

MIMSY--Elmo's cousin. She looks like Elmo but has red pigtails, lavendar eyelids, and a pinkish dress.

SAM SNERF--a dark brown Snerf with angry eyes and a pear-shaped orange nose.

HARRY SNERF--looks identical to Sam.

FRANK MONSTER--small version of "Beautiful Day" on SS

HAROLD MONSTER--normal version of "Beautiful Day" on SS

LORD NELSON AND THE LAUGHING GAS--appear during the song "It's Funny". Lord Nelson is a short lavendar AM with dusty grey hair, pink nose, eyelids, black plaid shirt, brown vest, and guitar. The Laughing Gas are a bunch of random AMs (among them were Fat Blue, Farley, and Betty Lou).

BESSIE-BOSSIE and McMUFFIN--two different characters given to the "Maxine Cow" puppet.

BOLLO THE PARROT--the "Poco Loco/ H. Ross Parrot" puppet. He appears in an episode where Rosita tries to get him to say something, but instead he sings other things (and loves to say "Haussenfeffer!")

THE BIRDWATCHERS: two human birdwatchers that appear in episode #1576. They are:
CEDRIC--played by none other than Richard Hunt, in a detective's hat, fake mustache, and a suit.
MADELINE--played by Madeline Kahn. She wore a blue dress with white sleeves, and what looks like a nun's collar.

UNCLE SLIM--Big Bird's uncle that also appears in #1576. He looks exactly like Big Bird, but with a black moustache, cowboy hat, vest, and (I think) spurs.

A few corrections:

JERRY TERRIER should be changed to TERRY TERRIER.

PETER DACHSHUND should be changed to DIETER DACHSHUND.

SCOTCH should be changed to SCUDGE.

I believe that's 21 new entries. Let's see that list. :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Nice pics. :smile: So all of those new characters you posted have been used on Sesame Street; Cuckoo looks exactly like (or is the same puppet of) Little Bird, and Grouchella was originally built for Elmo in Grouchland.

But does this mean all of those puppets won't be used on Sesame Street anymore? :cry:
I belive that is WAS a version of little bird that they used for that role. I don't if they will use them again. The wolf have been used more than one time on Sesam Strasse so I guess that these also will be pulled out from time to time.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, Deanmo, where'd you get that info from? LMK and I'll judge it to see if any changes are made.
Thanks and have a good night.

I'm off to recalibrate the listings.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, been doin' a bit of work on updating the listings. Got a request, I need four more characters to end with a nice round total number of entries.

Will accept:
The cheese mayor from Spaceship Surprise's landing on the planet CH.
The shrimp sheriff from Spaceship Surprise's landing on the planet SH.
The trout that greeted the crew from Spaceship Surprise when they landed on the planet TR.
And one more entry, from any of the productions already listed if it's one that hasn't been added already.
Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.