Muppet Listings 14.0

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Stan the man is the one I was talkin' about. Though should he be listed as just "Stan" or "Stan the Police Officer"?
Well, still need 11 more entries, hope to hear from you guys soon.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
He'll be listed as "Stan the Police Officer".

Here are some more entries. From the National Bird Debate from Sesame Street's "The American Revolution":

THE SPEAKER-- Herry Monster

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN--Telly Monster

THOMAS JEFFERSON-- Bert

JOHN ADAMS-- Ernie

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Me knows the sketch you're talking about TSF, the one where they're trying to decide what should be the national bird of the United States. But who was Oscar portraying? And how would you conciliate Thomas Jefferson as played by Bert in that sketch with Thomas Jefferson as played by Don Music in the sketch where Grover's trying to get him a quill to write the Declaration of Independence?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, Im intrigued. Just how do you deduce that Oscar was John Dickinson? Interested in learning what led you to say that. Was he holding some sort of crumpled paper pamphlet or something like that? And should both Thomas Jeffersons be added to the list?
If so, I'll wait for you and my trusty sources to say so. And if so, that'd leave only 5 entries more for the list to get posted in it's big bad fifteenth version.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I found the clip on the Internet somewhere. I'll check it out later today. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Which clip would that be MuppetDude? The one we're talking about here with the American Revolution SS cast? Or one of the others I'm looking for? Well, look forward to hearing from you as soon as you can reply.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The "American Revolution" clips:

http://www.scarecroe.com/files/ss1776_01.rm

http://www.scarecroe.com/files/ss1776_02.rm

Here's the list of characters (NOTE: All are in period costume):

BEN FRANKLIN--Telly with a grey balding wig and glasses.

THOMAS JEFFERSON--Bert

Unknown--Oscar (I didn't see any papers in front of him; just a sign with a cockatoo on it)

JOHN ADAMS--Ernie

Unknown--Elmo

THE SPEAKER--Herry

THOMAS JEFFERSON #2--Don Music

PHIL THE CHICKEN--Don gets his quill from him.

MR. GROVER--Grover (that's what Don calls him)

There's a third clip, of George Washington crossing the Delaware, but Boober_Gorg is the only person I know who has heard of it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks MuppetDude, only four more entries and we can finally get this bad boy online.
Gonna leave Oscar and Elmo out of the picture for the time being, unless anyone can confirm what personages they were playing with some degree of certainty.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
You want four more entries? You got four more entries!

MURPHY BROWNBAG--I've seen her only once in a sketch with Cookie Monster. She is a brown paper bag designed to look like Candice Bergen (she's sort of built like a homemade puppet, but more "Muppety").

THE PRINCE AND THE PIG--appear in two episodes in which Elmo writes their story. They're a really funny comedy duo played by David Rudman and Joey Mazzarino. The pig (whose actual name was George) was a generic pig puppet, and the prince is a tall orange AM with black page-boy hair, crown and purple shirt with blue vest. He has a pink nose and orange eyelids. They should be labeled together since both appear together in those two episodes.

JOHN-BUBBA-JOHN--a Muppet yokel. He's a lavendar live-hand AM that looks like a short-haired balding Forgetful Jones, without a moustache and a red/white plaid shirt.

LYDIA--John's wife, an orange live-hand AM with big blonde hair, eyelids and lashes, a blue nose, big earrings, and (I think) a blue/yellow dress.

TIME FOR THE LIST!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: