Muppet Listings 14.0

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Muppet_dk for checking the visuals of both Super Grouches. Gotta check something that's bothering me about the current totals, will post after calculations are finalized as to how many more entries are still needed for V15.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's an update. Everything from N-Z has been rechecked, I'm in the M's now and working my way backwards up through the list.

Here's a request to whoever's still out there and can help. On my list, in the H's, there are two entries for "Herman" both from TMS. After checking my online sources, one of these Hermans is the dancing partner of the Shouting Lady from the Phyllis Diller TMS episode. However, I can't find any info on who Herman #2 might be. I'd appreciate any help with this, please post here for our benefit.
Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
So I take it Muppets Magic/Ed Sullivan is acceptable?
And is it McMuffin or MacMuffin the Cow?
Hope to hear from you soon or ASAP.
Your description of the ESS category sounds okay, but I don't really like the idea of separating the two. There are 25 clips in all, and separating five of them doesn't sound so good to me; it seems like some kind of "Muppet prejudism". ( :confused: :smirk: )
Maybe we can leave it up to a fan debate; we could have a poll and see what everyone else would prefer.

And I'm guessing it's MacMuffin.

I caught another picture of Germanys Super Grouch over at the Tough Pigs website, and it's different than Oscar; it's a scraggly gray grouch with black/grey surprised eyebrows.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks pal. Still sorting, up to the G's and I gotta do them again cause of a miscount.
Will change the entry for MacMuffin the Cow.
Not trying to separate the two categories of the characters who appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show, and either appeared or were left off of the DVD; on the contrary, I'm trying to cover them all with one single production designation. As I explained, the ones that showed up on the DVD would fit the designation perfectly cause the designation carries the DVD's title as its first part. "Muppets Magic/". And whoever or whatever other Muppet characters showed up on the show but not on the DVD would be covered by the second part of the production designation's designation, "/Ed Sullivan Show".
Hope this settle your uneasiness my friend. BTW: Any luck on finding that second Herman character from TMS as I asked for above? Hope to hear from you guys soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks pal. Still sorting, up to the G's and I gotta do them again cause of a miscount.
Will change the entry for MacMuffin the Cow.
Not trying to separate the two categories of the characters who appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show, and either appeared or were left off of the DVD; on the contrary, I'm trying to cover them all with one single production designation. As I explained, the ones that showed up on the DVD would fit the designation perfectly cause the designation carries the DVD's title as its first part. "Muppets Magic/". And whoever or whatever other Muppet characters showed up on the show but not on the DVD would be covered by the second part of the production designation's designation, "/Ed Sullivan Show".
Hope this settle your uneasiness my friend. BTW: Any luck on finding that second Herman character from TMS as I asked for above? Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Well, I guess we can try the category for your next list, as soon as I can get a list to you. :smile: I won't meet with you very much today, though; I've got a report to type, so I'll discuss things occassionally.

And sorry, I don't have either of those TMS episodes, though in the MC guides Phil calls her "Scremaning Girl", or something like that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK pal, hope everything goes well for you. Will keep working on squaring away the current stats.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
One more addition from Sesam Strasse.
Mats: This is little Bird.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh... Mats? That's the name of the Little Bird character used on SS Germany? Didn't you say it was "Cuckoo"? Or are Cuckoo and Mats two different characters? Well, still uploading the stats, only the B's and A's are left. Still hoping someone can help with identifying the two TMS characters currently on the list both named Herman.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Count said:
Uh... Mats? That's the name of the Little Bird character used on SS Germany? Didn't you say it was "Cuckoo"? Or are Cuckoo and Mats two different characters? Well, still uploading the stats, only the B's and A's are left. Still hoping someone can help with identifying the two TMS characters currently on the list both named Herman.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.
It's 2 different characters. The cuckoo came "alive" due to Finchens special ability to talk to things that's not normaly possible such as snow and water.
Pferd and Wolle encountred Mats when they where on a treasure hunt in the woods, where they became friends.
It's the same with the wolf it has also been used as a pirate captain, I'am currently checking up on the name used for that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll be heading off to another class in a few minutes. However, all the stats are now squared at 3012 entries.
Changed the entry for "Cuckoo" to "The Cuckoo" so as not to create any confusion with Mats.
Will add Super Grouch and Mats from SS Germany, Aladdin portrayed by David Alan Grier, and will readd the Dolphins from JHH since we're striving for full completeness as best as possible. So that'd be a total of 3016 entries with another 14 left to go before posting ML15.

Another thing is that I changed "Herbie the Lighting Director" who's an offscreen character from the Nancy Walker TMS episode back to "Herbie" who's a Whatnot from the Roger Miller episode. Hope to confirm this once I get my next batch of VCD's from Justin. Anyway, since noone's brought any info and I can't find it myself... wanted to know if you think the dual "Herman" entries from TMS should be shunted to just one entry, for the character from At The Dance in the Phyllis Diller TMS episode. If so, then I'd still need only 14 more entries to get up to ML15.
Hope to hear your thoughts on this, and remember to post those additions so we can get the next version of the list posted ASAP.
Thanks to all my sources, and have a good day.