Muppet Listings 14.0

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
As for characters from commercials and Ed Sullivan Show, whaddya mean? There are some who've shown up on Ed Sullivan Show and SS, and thus I've listed them as being from Sesame. Examples include Scudge and Twinkleclaws. As for commercials, examples would be Wilkins and Wonkins, both listed as being from S&F.

And then there are the still remaining requests, but I can leave them be for now till someone gets the episodes or I finish my law studies and go watch all SS episodes for further research and true publication of my full Muppet Universe project.
There are some characters that appear on Ed Sullivan and rarely pop up anywhere else (like the Three-Headed Instant Rock-&-Roll Band, and the Wisecracking Octopus from the "Octopus' Garden). I've been thinking of "ES" as a category, but I'm wondering what your thoughts are of this.

It's also hard to categorize commercials, since many of them stray away from the S&F likeness (when Don Sahlin would build them, along with Jerry Juhl and Frank Oz being with the company), and become more like SS. A possible entry for them is "C", or "Muppet Commercial". Most of these characters appear during the commercials only (like Nutty Bird and Sir Linit, and the La Choy Dragon), while others pop up in other productions (such as Sour Bird's brief appearance on ES), and others evolve. (Like Kermit and Cookie Monster).

By the way, it's spelled W-O-N-T-K-I-N-S.

You may also want to categorize "Tinkerdee" under S&F, rather than TMS, since the characters are built by Jim, it's in black and white, and Kermit's not a frog yet.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I finally got around to do some screen graps of a this Super Grouch that was on Sesam Strasse. I've already reported this sighting to the Count by mail, I was then told that there already was a super grouch on Sesame Street and if i knew if it was the same character. Sadly I don't know if it's the same but maybe other will answer that question after I posted these pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/sg1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/sg2.jpg

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, some new business.
a. Will change it to "Wontkins".
b. The group from Tales of the Tinkerdee have already been changed to "S&F" designations, same reasoning behind Oswaldo not showing up as changed but trust me it has been taken care of.
c. If there are two Super Grouch characters, one from SS Usa and another from SS Germany, I'd like to know also.
d. The octopus from Octopus's Garden is already there from "SS" cause the song was done there on the first season.
e. Muppet Commercial sounds good to me.
f. As for the ones that appeard on the Ed Sullivan Show... how's about we label these under "Muppet Magic" since a blanket Ed Sullivan Show designation might give people the wrong impression and question why Topo Gigio isn't here on the list.
Hope this helps answer some questions. Of course, the dangling loose threads are:
1 The Story of Numberella.
2 The grouch owners/trainers of the international worms from the Worm Olympic Games episodes.
3 Spaceship Surprise: Planet CH.
4 All animals from the Old MacDonald News Flash which ends with Kermit getting rolled into the exercise routine.
Hope to get some leads/additions soon, remember only 18 are needed.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
d. The octopus from Octopus's Garden is already there from "SS" cause the song was done there on the first season.

f. As for the ones that appeard on the Ed Sullivan Show... how's about we label these under "Muppet Magic" since a blanket Ed Sullivan Show designation might give people the wrong impression and question why Topo Gigio isn't here on the list.
d) The octopus from ES is different; it's green with a yellow nose, a moustache, and mouth. The other one looks like an orange octopus with sleepy eyes.

f) I'm not sure that's a good idea, since some ES clips didn't make it to the DVD, and could contain new additions. If someone says Topo is a Muppet, we can explain why he isn't.

Muppet_dk, here's the Super Grouch that The Count's referring to:

http://scarecroe.com/files/super/super_grouch.jpg

I can't tell from your pictures if this is a rebuilt Oscar puppet, or another grouch entirely.

The animals I can remember from the News Flash are two pigs (dressed in tennis outfits), a swan and gosling (both wearing bathing caps; the gosling is made from the white duck puppet with flat lidless eyes), and a cow with a whistle and headband.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... The Swan from that sketch is already listed, and so is Eunice the Pig. Just thought the others would have names too. Can try to get that clip somewheres else (Justin) or wait till you guys get a hold of it. So, are there indeed two characters known as "Super Grouch"? And should they both be added as individual entries? As for your point Muppet Dude, how's about (Muppet Magic/Ed Sullivan)? The only worry I have is should this be considered a separate production for the stats?
Hope to hear your thoughts soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'm not satisfied with the new title either; to me, Muppets Magic refers to the title of a DVD, rather than all of the segments.

As for being a separate production, the guest segments were done from 1966 to 1971; at the time, there weren't any TV series (besides SS, but most of the SS characters haven't been on ES, and the skits from ES differ from SS both in writing and humor.

BTW, MacMuffin the Cow is also one of McDonald's pets.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it "McMuffin" or "MacMuffin" the Cow?
Uh, the suggestion is to label them as Muppets Magic/Ed Sullivan. That way, the ones that were in the sketches on the DVD with that title are justified with the first part of the designation, and any other Muppets who showed up on ESS but not on the DVD are justified with the second part. Then again, I'm open to suggestions.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Hedley Lamar voice: "Splendid, splendid!"
So I take it Muppets Magic/Ed Sullivan is acceptable?
And is it McMuffin or MacMuffin the Cow?
Hope to hear from you soon or ASAP.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Count said:
So, are there indeed two characters known as "Super Grouch"? And should they both be added as individual entries?
After seeing that other picture I would say that there are 2 super grouches. And you can list them individual.