1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Listings 14.0

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by The Count, Nov 30, 2004.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the update MuppetDude.
    What's the total so far? And how many more entries before ML 15?
    Well... Let's see.
    Counting the five WASA worms, Selma the Chicken/Worm, Celest, and Mr. Mooky, it'd be 2858 with another 142 to go.
    Now then... taking care of remaining business.
    A. Cindertelly: Are the characters from this story still missing from the list only Cindertelly's family and the Three Mice? If so, should the Three Mice be listed as a single group entry? Or do they each have individual names? If so, would love to have them to have all three mice listed, but I'll take whatever you've got.
    B. The International Worms: So now we've got the entire crew that went up to space. However, I believe that these were the same worms used for the Winter and Summer Worm Olympic Games episodes. If so, and if you can get a hold of them, the only thing missing to wrap this up would be the names and descripts of the worms' grouch trainers/owners.
    C. Sesame Street Stories: Would appreciate any help you can provide regarding characters missing from the list from the following:
    The Plant Who Wanted to Be a Boy, from Season 34.
    Numberella.
    The Story of Katy and the Letter K, or The King and the Letter K.

After we've sorted through all that, we would then be able to proceed to new business with any and all additional characters you and/or others might've spotted still missing from the list.
    Oh yeah, will contact you regarding something else after Christmas when my schedule'll be cleared up a little.
    Hope to hear from you soon, and have a great day.

And believe it or not, but I rully do appreciate all the help from you guys during all the list's updates.
  2. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

CinderTelly: The only other character that's left out is one of the prince's footman announcing the prince's (bowling) ball. He's a green AM with an orange nose and powdered wig, dressed in a blue garment and tri-cornered hat.

The mice could be labeled as "CinderTelly's Mice Friends", then listed by color (since the orange one, Ramone, was the only one to be given a name).

The only source I know to get the Worm Olympic characters would be the video "Slimey's World Games", and I don't have that. I do remember that the name "Spaghettini" is used (there's a great moment during the show when this worm doesn't win an event. Joey Mazzarino has his grouch coach run in the background and yell "Hey, Spaghettini!!", causing the crew to completely break up).
  3. The Count

OK, finished adding everything now. We're up to 2865, only another 135 entries left before posting ML 15.
    Check the list above to see what I still need for the listing.
    Thanks and have a good day.
  4. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

A few corrections:

FRAN (from JHH) needs to be changed back to FERN.

OSVALDO's name is actually OSWALDO. It sounds like "Osvaldo" because he has a heavy Latin accent. There are various books he appears in, and several have used the name "Oswaldo". He also appears on the "Fiesta Songs!" album.

Anthony's last name (as was revealed in "The Cosby Show: Cliff's Nightmare") is Rudd.

Also, take this for consideration: How about labeling the Hypocritic Oaf and the Disagreeable Sausage Sandwich as follows (since the characters, not specifically the puppet, didn't appear anywhere else):

The Hypocritic Oaf (JHH, from "The Cosby Show: Cliff's Nightmare)
    The Disagreeable Sausage Sandwich (JHH, from "The Cosby Show: Cliff's Nightmare)
  5. The Count

OK, time for some updates.
    1 MuppetDude, you already pointed out the mistake regarding Oswaldo the Grouch's name above and I already corrected it for the master list on my disk.
    2 Regarding Fern/Fran from JHH, Anthony's Wife.:
    a. Found her listed as "Fern" on www.imdb.com's JHH cast list.
    b. However, there was no mention of "Fern" at Jedi_X's JHH character index website.
    c. He does have an entry for "Fran" as Anthony's Wife.
    So I went with his info since he's become a standing authority on JHH, though it's possible that even he might have some mistakes throughout his work.
    If you could, please cite me some evidence from the specific JHH episodes, and I'll let you know what'll happen after that.
    3 Regarding the characters from JHH in the Cosby Show episode, I'll take it under consideration.

Waiting for PM response from Boober_Gorg to see if he has the Planet CH Spaceship Surprise sketch and can help with that one.
    Other than that, please refer to the list above for the characters I'm hunting down first.
    After that gets sorted out, any other additions you may have are always welcome.
    Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.
  6. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

1. I checked your latest list, and it's still spelled "Osvaldo".

2. Her name is referenced as "Fern" in "The Ratings Game" and "Food" episodes.
  7. The Count

OK, then...
    1 Will change it back to "Fern Rudd".
    2 Of course you're going to see Oswaldo listed as Osvaldo in my latest list. That's cause the list which was most lately posted is V14. Your message/post with the correction wasn't posted till the thread for V14 was up. However, rest assured that the corrections and additions suggested in the thread's posts are made and implemented to the master list saved on my master diskette, viewed as soon as I post the list's next version.
    Hope this helps clear up the confusion and have a good day.
    And keep those new entries a-comin'!
  8. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Here's a couple more changes:

The Miami Mice are named J.P. (the green one) and Tito (the purple one).

According to the "SSU" book, one of Roosevelt's friends's name is "Baby Bree Boo Bop a Do".

And some additions:

NOBODY--a "Sam & Friends" character that only consists of a mouth and two blinking eyes, against a black background.

ED BURROW--another "S&F" character, but not a new character. Harry the Hipster played him in a spoof of "Person to Person", called "Poison to Poison".

ALFRED HITCHCOCK--also in the "Poison to Poison" sketch, played by Chicken Liver in a tophat.

You might label them as:

Ed Burrow (S&F, Harry from "Poison to Poison")
    Alfred Hitchcock (S&F, Chicken Liver from "Poison to Poison")
  9. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I feel like such an idiot. :o :(
  10. The Count

Uh... MuppetDude... Who's Harry the Hipster?
    Don't seem to have him listed.
  11. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Harry the Hipster's another name for Harry; the purple sock with sunglasses.
  12. The Count

Hey MuppetDude... Do you happen to have a link to the thread/post where I can find your list of character descripts from BITBBH?
    Need to check something, specifically if there's a character from BITBBH named Harry. If so, please post all help here.
    Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
  13. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I can't provide the link (I failed every time I tried to send an MC message link), but they are two different Harry's. The one on "S&F" is a purple sock with red stripes and sunglasses. The Harry from "Bear" is a yellow/tan speckled duck with a blue bill.
  14. The Count

Thanks, that's what I was concerned about. For some reason, though I have a descript of Harry in my backup files from the group of S&F characters Muppet_dk sent me, I only seem to have listed Harry from BITBBH. An oversight that'll get corrected tut suite!
    Have a great day and thanks for the help.
  15. The Count

OK, the problem's been taken care of. See, I've had Harry from S&F erroneously listed as Henry from S&F. Sorry for the mix-up, everything's back in order at 2869 entires.
    Hope to sort out the other little requests on my list as the new entries keep in coming.
  16. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I don't think you should add "The Rooster" from the "If I Were the Letter B" song; he's just a rooster, nothing special. But you can add:

BESSIE THE GOAT--the goat that "maaa's" during the "B" song.

HENNY DRUMSCHTICK--a Muppet tribute to Rodney Dangerfield/Henny Youngman. Appears in an early season 25 episode and tells a "joke" about the creation of eggs. He's the rooster puppet with baggy eyes, a white collar, necktie, and brown feathers on the side of his head (a bit of a toupee).

ADRIEN BIP--a contestant on "What's Prairie's Problem?"; a green AM with curly black hair, small orange nose, and a brown business suit.

FENWICK LaTEUSSE--another contestant on "What's Prairie's Problem?"; a short lavendar AM, and has sleepy eyes, orange nose, glasses, slicked, parted hair, and a red plaid suit. He's a very nerdy and annoying character.

LUCY JONES--a version of Betty Lou from a 1969 game show, "Pick Your Pet".

SMILIN' JACK--owner of a hat shop. He's a lavendar live-hand AM with thinning brown hair, eyebrows, and moustache, pink nose, sunglasses, and a loud green-plaid jacket.

HEADLINE HOWIE--a lavendar live-hand AM with fuzzy brown hair and moustache, pink nose, beady eyes, round-rimmed sunglasses, red turtleneck, brown jacket, and grey hat. He appears in #796, and known for rhyming headlines.

SAMMY AND FRANKIE--two AM brothers who fight over an apple in a Super Grover sketch. Neither is identified as who's who. One is pink with tan hair and a red/black/green/purple striped shirt, and the other is orange with brown hair and a red/white striped shirt.

WILLY NILLIE--a pink AM boy with fuzzy orange hair that appears in another Super Grover sketch.

MAX--owner of Max's Barber Shop in the same sketch with Willy. He's a live-hand lavendar AM in a barber's uniform, with brown hair, moustache, sleepy eyes, and a pointy nose.

LITTLE JUDY FINSTERMACHER--a small orange AM girl with black pigtails in yet another "SG" sketch.

And here's a group of characters from "Here Is Your Life: Sneaker":

RIGHT SNEAKER--a red Converse sneaker. His mouth is the sole and his eyes are above the toe.

RITA RUCCI--designed Right Sneaker; a lavendar AM with frizzy orange hair, sleepy eyes, orange nose, large earrings and a leopard-print shirt.

GYRO SPINNIAPOLIS--made Right Sneaker; a fat blue AM with thinning brown hair, sleepy pink eyelids, pink nose, white (?) shirt, and red plaid vest.

LITTLE LIZZY HAMMERTOE--wore Sneaker; a pair of bare human legs wearing dark blue jeans. She's possibly played by Pam Arciero.

LEFT SNEAKER--Right's friend; looks like Right, but is painted gold and added with a bunch of junk as an art display.

P.S.: Who is "Howie", the one on your list?
  17. The Count

Thanks for the additions, will see how I add them.
    Who's Howie? Glad you asked.
    The thing is that in my research I came across some website, probably Craig Silverstein's, that had an entry for "Headline Howie" and if you go to the earlier versions of the listing you'll see him there. However, I didn't know who Headline Howie rully was. And then I started watching PWMS on Noggin, and they showed this clip of a white rabbit with Cookie Monster reading a poem about cookies. Of course, I didn't know it was a rabbit till discussion here on some other threads. That rabbit character was named Howie, so I thought this was the character I had as Headline Howie and made the replacement. But now thanks to your above post, Headline Howie will be restored to the listing!
    Thanks and have a good day.
  18. The Count

Couple of questions.

Heh, been watching the Super Grover sketches in anticipation of Palisades Toys' upcoming 2005 Tour Figuere?
    Well... Should "Sammy and Frankie" be listed together as one entry, or as two separate entires?
    As for the characters from Here is Your Life... Should they be listed individually alphabetically with the tag of (SS, from "Here is Your Life: Sneaker")? Or should they all be grouped together under the subheading as the following example demonstrates.
    Here is Your Life, Sneaker: The Right Sneaker (SS)?
    LMK and I'll see about uping the totals with all the recent additions/suggestions.
  19. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

You might want to consider calling Howie "Howie the Lop". I've heard this name used before, and it lets people know that he's a rabbit.

Sammy and Frankie could be listed as two entries, since they have basically used the same kind of AM in various places (mainly the pink one).

I think each one should be listed individually and alphabetically.

Also, the sneakers names are Left and Right, it's not just a description.
  20. BlueAM

BlueAM New Member

Meet me at the bus stop

Here are some more characters for your list, Count. They all appeared in the song "Bus Stop" ("at the corner five and dime..."):

JIM: He's a blue AM who looks exactly like Big Jeffy, and he wears a yellow t-shirt. His name isn't mentioned in the song, but I got this from toughpigs.com, and they say that's his name.

JOE: He's a green AM with an orange nose, light green (?) eyelids, black hair, a red shirt, and a black leather jacket.

SALLY AND SUE: We don't know which is which, but one of them is green with a small green nose, long blondish hair, eyelids and lashes, and a red shirt; and the other is lavender with a red (?) nose, eyelids and lashes, brown hair with a Gilda Radner-like style, and a yellow shirt.

Hope this helps, and have a good night!

BlueAM
    "Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?"- Charlie Brown