1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Listings 15.0

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by The Count, Feb 2, 2005.

1. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I didn't see the following Doozers in your list (from "You Can't Do That Without a Hat"): Angle, Board, and Derek.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well... That's because I didn't have any knowledge of those characters. But rest assured they'll be added soon.

BTW: Sokay to ask questions on the SS VHS episodes?
  3. The Count

OK... Added the Doozers named and we're up to 3837 entries.
    Putting out a call to all my sources who have access to the international versions of Sesame Street.

Went over to the link Xanimum provided for Wickapedia's list of international SS characters. Now, I don't have 100% faith in the entirety/reliability of their list, but since it "might" contain some shred of truth... My thoughts were to come here and ask for your help, any and all information on the following will be appreciated in determining whether additions/corrections should be made to the overall list.

SS Brazil:
    Beto
    Ênio
    Juca (Armando Bogus)
    Ana Maria, Juca's Cousin (Sonia Braga)
    Gabriela, Juca's Wife (Aracy Balabanian)
    Are these correct?

SS Canada:
    Beau Beaver, said to be an animated character.
    This true? Should it be added?

SS Germany:
    Graf Zahl, said to be my namesake's German cousin.
    Manfred (Manfred Krug)
    Lilo (Lieselotte Pulver)

SS Mexico:
    Cuernos

SS Netherlands:
    There's an entry for a human character known as Aart. Is the character's name actually Meneer Aart? Or should it stay as just Aart?

SS Philippines:
    Koko Kwik-Kwak, or Koko
    Manang Bola
    Kapitan Basa
    Sitsiritsit
    Alibangbang
    Sultan Parachibum
    Ningning
    Gingging
    Noli de Kasyo
    Irma Daldal
    Direk
    Brother Bodjie Pascual (Kuya Bodjie)
    Sister Sienna (Ate Sienna)
    Are these correct?

SS Portugal:
    Poupas
    There's a character already listed as "Ferrao". Is this character's name correctly spelled, or is it Ferão?

SS Turkey:
    Köpek,
    Minik Kiz, is this the correct spelling of the character's name?
    Hope to hear from you guys soon as we try to work our way through all of these.
  4. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Beto and Enio could refer to Ernie and Bert. Ferao may be another way to spell Ferrao. Cuernos is a dark orange Multimonster with five upper fangs, black eyebrows, a pear-shaped orange nose, and long silver horns. And it's Minik Kuz.
  5. The Count

Thanks... Will keep "Ferrao" as is, since I've never seen a letter "a" accentuated with a tilda like that. Not saying it doesn't exist, just saying I've never heard of a letter like that. The site described Beto and Enio as Bert and Ernie like characters, just trying to find out if these are characters specific to that co-production different from the US originals.

Will add Cuernos, still looking for help with the rest.
  6. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Thats the german name for the count, if you add it you must add all other forigen names of the US characters. The Count has not been in the german version, he has only been in the dubed US sketches.
  7. The Count

OK, one less to worry about. That's why I came here and asked before adding all of these names. Hoping for help with the rest though.
  8. The Count

Bumping this up cause I have another question to ask.

In Kermit's Swamp Years... Are the following characters seen only in their "Young" version? Or are they present in both their "Young" versions and grownup versions as well?
    Croaker.
    Goggles.
    Blotch.
    Any others that might appear in both "Young" and grownup versions?

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
  9. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

All of them are only seen in their young versions, so I don't think they need a "Young" designated for them.
  10. The Count

Ok then. Thanks for the info. Will keep working on the redo.
  11. The Count

*Sigh... OK, a few more questions...

1 In TMTM, is Mr. Price's Secretary ever mentioned name? As Cheryl McFadden? Or is that just the name of the actress who portrayed her?
    Just have a bit of doubt, since the actress who portrayed her states "Gates McFadden ..... Mr. Price's Secretary as Cheryl McFadden".
    If Cheryl isn't the name of the character, should she be moved to the M's as "Mr. Price's Secretary"?
    2 Should Leonard Winesop's Receptionist (TMTM, Frances Bergen) be added to the list?
    3 Already have Miss Piggy's Co-Worker (TMTM, Joan Rivers) in the list. Should it be changed to "The Perfume Saleswoman"? Or left as is?
    4 In the song "They Not Take That Away From Me" from SS as sung by Cookie Monster...
    I have entries for the Cute Little Girl (Fran Brille) and Cute Little Kid.
    However, the Original SS Lyrics Archive or OSSLA for short, states that the Cute Little Girl and Farley were in the song.
    Should the entry for "Cute Little Kid" as refers to the characters in this song be eliminated? Guess I'll dig around and post the descript I might have of him to see if this can get answered ASAP. Hope to hear from you soon.
  12. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

1 In TMTM, is Mr. Price's Secretary ever mentioned name? As Cheryl McFadden? Or is that just the name of the actress who portrayed her?
    Just have a bit of doubt, since the actress who portrayed her states "Gates McFadden ..... Mr. Price's Secretary as Cheryl McFadden".
    If Cheryl isn't the name of the character, should she be moved to the M's as "Mr. Price's Secretary"?

I don't remember if her name was mentioned.

2 Should Leonard Winesop's Receptionist (TMTM, Frances Bergen) be added to the list?

Yes, but she may be the same as the secretary.

3 Already have Miss Piggy's Co-Worker (TMTM, Joan Rivers) in the list. Should it be changed to "The Perfume Saleswoman"? Or left as is?

Her name is Eileen.

4 In the song "They Not Take That Away From Me" from SS as sung by Cookie Monster...
    I have entries for the Cute Little Girl (Fran Brille) and Cute Little Kid.
    However, the Original SS Lyrics Archive or OSSLA for short, states that the Cute Little Girl and Farley were in the song.
    Should the entry for "Cute Little Kid" as refers to the characters in this song be eliminated? Guess I'll dig around and post the descript I might have of him to see if this can get answered ASAP

It's not Farley; he's a green boy with a lavendar nose and brown hair. If you're going to keep them in the list, you might want to designate which song they're from. Also, it's Fran B-R-I-L-L.
  13. The Count

Thanks MD... OK, let's see...
    1 The Cute Little Girl and Kid will stay listed then. The song's title has been added, as that's part of the reworking of the list I'm currently fixing.
    That's also why I've got the Original SS Lyrics Archive among my new favorite sites, as a resource for those songs. Bit of discrepancies here and there, but that's why I come in and ask.

2 As for Miss Piggy's Co-Worker... It'll be changed to "Eileen" then.
    But should it be "Eileen the Perfume Saleswoman"?

3 As far as Mr. Price's Secretary, I'll have to watch my DVD of TMTM again, will check on the Receptionist from Leonard Winesop's office as well.
    Thanks guys, will come in on the weekend if I find anything else to ask about.
  14. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Okay. By the way, have you checked the youtube.com thread yet? There's tons of great clips (the most recent one added was an early Grover sketch from 1969).
  15. The Count

Stepped in there a while back, maybe I'll check out the link later... Heh, gotta work on this, and then there are the VHS tapes to finish...
    Hope you have a good day though.
  16. The Count

Another quick question... Got an entry for The Dancing Sponges from TMS. Did they appear in any specific song or sketch? If so, which one?
    Hope to hear from someone soon, have a good day.
  17. The Count

OK... Went surfing through the depths of my profile here at MC to see if I could find any info regarding the first instance the Dancing Sponges were added to the list.

The interesting thing is that almost all versions are still accessible, from Version 3 to the present one.
    The Dancing Sponges are from the James Cocoa TMS episode, though the site I found them at listed them as "Dancing Spunches". And all Kermitage says about Dancing characters is the UK Skit/Song where Robin dreams of Dancing Snakes.
    Hope to get some help from you guys to sort this one out soon.

Also... There's an entry for "Duane" from The Muppet Show. Did such a named character ever appear on TMS? If so, which episode and skit/song?
    Thanks, hope you guys have a good day.
  18. The Count

Thanks... Uh, if you could, please post where you find this information.
  19. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

I agree with baba on that one. :D In MTM during Rowlf with the kennels. Also another dog (forgot what it looked like) also had the name of "Frank".
  20. The Count

OK... Given that I'm blind and can't see what shows up on the screen...
    Just where exactly are you guys getting these names from? Which available version of TMTM is this from?
    Will keep these additions in mind, currently redoing the list and I've put all new additions on hold for the time being. But thanks for the info.