1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Listings 15.0

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by The Count, Feb 2, 2005.

1. MuppetDude Active Member

Same puppet, different performer.

The Weather Guy was a light tan whatnot in a business suit, and had live hands. He had a small pointy pink nose, sleepy green eyelids, and short brown hair.
  2. The Count Moderator

OK, not sure where else to ask so I'll do it here.

On Friday, 11/2/2005, the monsters of SS showed up as guests on Emero Live on The Food Network. There was a segment with Grover resting in the back kitchen area and then, this "Turkey Lady" came out of nowhere to berait and whip Grover into shape.
    Is this a new SS puppet character? If so, should she be added to the list?
    Hope to get some help from you guys, and have a good day.
  3. BEAR Active Member

She isn't a new regular or anything. I think she is just a random character used for the Emeril show. It seems like they just grabbed a Turkey, put a hat on it and gave it a voice. I don't believe this specific turkey has ever been seen before. I think you should add her though as she has a definite personality. If you don't already have an entry for such a character, she can be added. Hope this helps you.
  4. MuppetDude Active Member

So it's different than the Sesame puppet? Or is it like the MFC turkey?
  5. BEAR Active Member

What do you mean different than the Sesame puppet? It is a Sesame puppet. No, it does not look like the one from MFC.
  6. MuppetDude Active Member

You said, " I don't believe this specific turkey has ever been seen before", and I thought you meant the puppet, rather than the character.
  7. BEAR Active Member

The character of the "turkey lady" has never been introduced before the Emeril Live appearace. As a generic turkey maybe, but not as a character.
  8. TotallySpiesFan New Member

9. MuppetDude Active Member

Ooh, nice link; I see that Elmo is in this cast, as well as the puppets previously known as Narf and Carina the Ballerina.

Here's the (loose) translation:

MUPPETS:

Nac, The mascot of the program.--(I'm not sure what he is; he looks like a big, naked, yellow-furred Beauregard with sticky-out ears, and a green vest.)
    Nice, positive and generous, this natural leader measures 2,20 meters!

Griotte--(looks like Roxy Marie with longer hair.)
    Handicapped, Griotte cannot be useful itself any more of its legs, but that does not prevent therefore from taking part in all the activities of the street Sésame.

Yoyo--(the Narf puppet.)
    Even S’it is timorous, hyperactive and anxious, Yoyo has a heart of gold and its qualities return it attaching very.

Olive--(the naked Carina puppet.)
    Rascal, intrepid, mischievous and semi-sparkling: Olive is all that at the same time!

Elmo--(same as SS version.)
    With 3 years and half, it takes down the palm of "younger band".

Georges--(SS's original penguin, simialr to the TMS ones but with a blue beak and red/blue baseball cap.)
    Coldly arrived of its ice-barrier, this sympathetic nerve penguin succeeded in finding its place near his/her friends of the street Sésame.

THE HUMANS:

Titouan, the neighbor
    This fighter with the retirement is a true modern grandpa.

Baya, the baker
    Its good mood and its generosity make D’it it confidante of the street Sésame.

Juliette
    This young coed S’occupies of the horse-gear and the kiosk of the street Sésame.
  10. The Count Moderator

Thanks for the translation MD. Looks like you got better results than I did with www.dictionary.com's translator feature.

And isn't it "Nac"?
    Will probably add all of these next. Have a great weekend.
  11. MuppetDude Active Member

Yes. I just edited it. Thanks for pointing it out.
  12. The Count Moderator

Added and taken care of. Should the Elmo that'll be part of this "New SS France" be added also?
  13. MuppetDude Active Member

Yes; he's very similar to Neno (Egypt's version of Elmo). I think there's also a version of Elmo on the Japanese coproduction. (As well as BB and Cookie Monster).
  14. The Count Moderator

Wait... Isn't Neno from South Africa's version?
    If I were to have some info on the Japanese versions, then maybe I could make public my thoughts. Will just wait for info from you guys to be posted here before making any changes to the list.
  15. TotallySpiesFan New Member

Neno is from the South African version, not the Egyptian version.
  16. TotallySpiesFan New Member

Here's some more entries, from the Bangladesh SS "Simsimpur":

HALUM- an orange tiger.

SHIKU- a green jackal with glasses.

TUKTUKI- a lavendar AM with black braids and a green dress.

IKRI MIKRI- a female blue monster.
  17. The Count Moderator

Thanks TSF. Since the article with those four was posted, they've been included. You guys just didn't know about it cause the version currently on diskette still hasn't been posted as ML 16. But thanks for the added descripts of what they look like.
  18. MuppetDude Active Member

Right; I got those two mixed up.

Where did you get that Simsimpur info at? All I could find was a clip on SW's website.

I also found this (check page 11; it's in Adobe format, so some people may not be able to get it):

http://ftp.info.usaid.gov/press/frontlines/fl_jun05/jun05_fl.pdf
  19. The Count Moderator

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to access that link MD. If you could post what it refers to, maybe that'd be best.
    Hope this helps.
  20. MuppetDude Active Member

It's in Adobe Reader format, so it's more like a printable newspaper image.