1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Listings 15.0

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by The Count, Feb 2, 2005.

1. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Whoops. :o

I didn't pay attention to the spelling. Sorry; you're right, they should be separate.
  2. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Here are some more entries, from Barrio Sesamo's first season:

CARACOL PEREZGIL: A green snail with a brown shell, green hair, and glasses.

GALLINA CAPONATA: A red chicken version of Big Bird pink hair and wattles.
  3. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Ed, I don't know if you want to add this to the listing entry, but I have seen Grungetta refered to a lot as Grungetta Grunge. I didn't know she had a last name before, but you may want to consider it.
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Me thinks I know what you're talking about Bry. You got that from the cast listing for Sesame Street over at www.imdb.com, fright? Well, I'm keeping all the entries I got from there already, but I'm not adding anymore entries they might have. There's a bit of confusion with the cast listing there, and I'm not sure I can trust their info 100%. So everything I've gotten so far will stay, at least until the day that I can initiate the full-on hands-on hardcore research I want to do to make this list into the full-blown Muppet Universe project I envision.
    One piece of information, thanks to the "Minority Characters" thread Lexine has been confirmed as having appeared on the show.

Another thing is the current confusion/parameters we've adopted for adding the miscellaneous kids seen on SS. I'm just playing it by what we've laid out here in the ML threads, but maybe the SS head honchos have a different criteria for evaluating with random kid characters are part of the show/family and which aren't if any.
    Waiting till Thursday to get another new episode and add to the list from what's left of Season 36. That and the last three tapes I'm awaiting.

So Bry, I take it this answered your questions as to who I have included here in the list huh?
  5. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I didn't get it from imdb. It was from somewhere else. don't remember where as i saw it last week. saw a few sources with it actually. just a thought. You can do whatever with it.
  6. The Count

OK, thanks for the info Bry. So, how do you like the list so far? And there are major additions from this version to the one I've got currently in-progress on my master diskette.
  7. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

its good. I haven't thoroughly read it all really, but if I think of a minor character or new character, I check to make sure you have them in there. If its a fairly well known character i of course trust it is there and don't need to find it. Just some of the guys that might be forgotten. You do a great job!
  8. The Count

OK, need help with the BITBBH characters, this time with the animal or particular species each one is.
    1 What's the name/title of the story the following characters came from?
    The Damsel
    The Dragon
    Mousey the Great
    2 These characters have their species as part of their names, so should they stay listed as they appear?
    Bear.
    Doc Hogg.
    Jack the Firedog.
    Jake the Dog.
    The possums.
    Shadow.
    Ursa, Bear's Cousin.
    3 Though the following characters have their species name, should they stay listed as they appear?
    a. Or should the article "the" be added to their entry headings/names?
    Edwina Badger
    Jeremiah Tortoise
    b. Or should the article "the" be removed from their entry headings/names?
    Annette the Armadillo

4 What animal species are the following characters?
    And should the article "the" be added to their entry headings/names or not?
    Please correct me if any of these are wrong.
    Christina = Rabbit.
    Harry = Duck.
    Jacques = Beaver.
    Lois = Blue-Footed Booby.
    Luke = Mouse.
    Luna = Moon.
    Moss = Mouse.
    Mrs. Maxwell
    Ojo = Bear Cub.
    Pip = Otter.
    Pop = Otter.
    Ray = Sun.
    Rita = Mouse.
    Treelo = Lemur.
    Tutter = Mouse.
    5 Regarding the following characters:
    a. Etta, Pip and Pop's Grandmother
    Should it be changed to "Etta Otter" or "Etta the Otter", Pip and Pop's Grandmother?
    b. Otto, Pip and Pop's Grandfather
    Should be changed to "Otto Otter" or "Otto the Otter", Pip and Pop's Grandfather?
    c. Tally, Pip and Pop's Cousin
    Should it be changed to "Tally Otter" or "Tally the Otter", Pip and Pop's Cousin?
    d. Grandma Flutter
    Should it be changed to "Grandma Flutter Mouse" or "Grandma Flutter the Mouse", Tutter's Grandmother?
    Just want to maintain consistency throughout the listing between these last additions and the characters asked about in Question 4 above.
    Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I would list just "Grandma Flutter" and then in your description say that she is Tutter's grandmother. I think people knowing that Tutter is a mouse will get it. Also would never put "The" at the beginning of any entry. For example "The Dragon" could just simply be "Dragon".
  10. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

OK, need help with the BITBBH characters, this time with the animal or particular species each one is.
    1 What's the name/title of the story the following characters came from?
    The Damsel
    The Dragon
    Mousey the Great

I don't think I've heard of them, but I don't mind whether or not they have "The" in it; you've used it before, like in EW, so it probably doesn't matter.

2 These characters have their species as part of their names, so should they stay listed as they appear?
    Bear.
    Doc Hogg.
    Jack the Firedog.
    Jake the Dog.
    The Possums.
    Shadow.
    Ursa, Bear's Cousin.

They sound good to me.

3 Though the following characters have their species name, should they stay listed as they appear?
    a. Or should the article "the" be added to their entry headings/names?
    Edwina Badger
    Jeremiah Tortoise
    b. Or should the article "the" be removed from their entry headings/names?
    Annette the Armadillo

All of these sound appropriate to me; that's how I heard them.

4 What animal species are the following characters?

And should the article "the" be added to their entry headings/names or not?
    Please correct me if any of these are wrong.

Christina = Rabbit.
    Harry = Duck.
    Jacques = Beaver.
    Lois = Blue-Footed Booby.
    Luke = Mouse.
    Luna = Moon.
    Moss = Mouse.
    Mrs. Maxwell
    Ojo = Bear Cub.
    Pip = Otter.
    Pop = Otter.
    Ray = Sun.
    Rita = Mouse.
    Treelo = Lemur.
    Tutter = Mouse.

I don't think I've heard any of them referred to by their animal origin, but I think except for Pip and Pop, they could have "the" added (I think I heard the otters have "Otter" as part of their name).

Also, though a blue-footed booby is used as a puppet, Lois is referred to on the show as a loon.

5 Regarding the following characters:
    a. Etta, Pip and Pop's Grandmother
    Should it be changed to "Etta Otter" or "Etta the Otter", Pip and Pop's Grandmother?
    b. Otto, Pip and Pop's Grandfather
    Should be changed to "Otto Otter" or "Otto the Otter", Pip and Pop's Grandfather?

I think "Otter" is their name, but since their related to Pip and Pop there probably shouldn't be anything extra added. I'd keep it as "Etta, Pip and Pop's Grandmother" and "Otto, Pip and Pop's Grandfather".

c. Tally, Pip and Pop's Cousin
    Should it be changed to "Tally Otter" or "Tally the Otter", Pip and Pop's Cousin?

See above.

d. Grandma Flutter
    Should it be changed to "Grandma Flutter Mouse" or "Grandma Flutter the Mouse", Tutter's Grandmother?

What Bear said.
  11. The Count

Thanks for the input guys. Made my decisions and I've added the relevant information.
    Only question I have left is what type of animal as Mrs. Maxwell? Is she another mouse?
  12. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

She's a mouse.
  13. The Count

Per a request from MuppetDude in another thread...
    Not sure if this the entirety of what you sent me, but here are all the PS Muppets currently on the list.

Abelardo (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Abelardo Montoya (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Barón Púrpura (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Bodoque (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Carlo De Villamelone (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Dr. Circulostein (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    The Duke of D (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Elefancio (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Federico Fellini (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Francis (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Lalo, Lola's Cousin (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Lola (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Luciano (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Modestro Micrófono (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Monster Barber (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Monster Carpenter (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Monster Tourist (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Paco (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Pancho Contreras (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Pepe (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    The Photographer (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Sr. Lechuga (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Verduberto (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Vicente (SS, from Plaza Sésamo)
    Also looking for help with the human cast of PS, PM or E-mail me to see what's still on the docket to finalize this production's cast.
    Hope this helps and hope to hear from you guys soon, and have a good day.
  14. MUPPETMONKEY

MUPPETMONKEY Active Member

A nice "copy - paste" from The Abelardo and Paco topic:

Hey, Count;

I've been checking around and there seems to be no trace of information of the 1972 actors. I used to have a webpage in my old computer which listed every single voice and actor that appeared on Plaza Sésamo since the very begining. I'll try to browse for it to see if I can find it again.
    Also, I used to work at Telemundo and I know that the old 1972 episodes are still around there somewhere in their archives. If I can get my paws on them I'll let everyone know.
    For now, I can tell you that Jorge Arvizu was the actor who played "Toño", the latin equivalent of Mr. Hooper. He played the original spanish Fred Flintstone voice for many years.
    Also Rita Rey was the street's "woman" who at the same time played the spanish voice for Wilma Flintstone.
  15. The Count

Thanks pal. So, it wasn't Isaac Castro who portrayed Toño? And what was the name of the human character portrayed by Rita Rey? LMK if you want a list of the human cast I got listed and the additions I have questions on if it helps you speed through for results.

Oh yeah, and que te vaya bien.
  16. MUPPETMONKEY

MUPPETMONKEY Active Member

Now you have me thinking. I called a friend of mine and he says that "Toño" was the mechanic of the street so maybe he was Isaac.
    Now Jorge was indeed the owner of the store. I'll try to call him again for the woman's character name. He seems to recall most stuff from the 72 PS than me.
  17. The Count

OK, hope to stay informed with what your friend says. LMK if you want I should forward you the human cast so we can get through all the questions I have that much faster. Course, you LMK, don't wanna pile on whatever you got on your plate at the moment.

Oh, and I thought everyone might like to know... The version posted here is nothing compared to the updates and gains made to the current in-progress version. You'll see the culmination of V16 once I get all these little bits of info resolved.
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Count, has anyone pointed out the brand new, "Wheather Guy" from Statler and Waldorf's "At the Balcony"?

I can get you more details if you need them.
  19. The Count

Nope, don't think I have that one. Just post the info here and we can go over it.
  20. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Was the Weather Guy the same whatnot Muppet from the Muppet Meeting Film, "Win Win Win"?