Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I don't think it's risque at all. Lady Marmalade was heard by every single non-catatonic person in the world when Moulin Rouge came out. Since they were parodying that movie, I thought it was fine that Piggy said that. It's really not bad at all, and not even in English, so the kids who wouldn't know what it meant wouldn't get it and the adults who did would. Pretty much like half the jokes the Muppets made throughout their entire careers. There are some jokes from the older stuff that I didn't get until I was in college, and that's the way it should be!

I LOVE VMMCM and really do not think it was perverse. Scooter cage dancing was, well, difficult to watch, but in the context of the movie it made sense. Life without Kermit is bad :wink: but I think we all knew that. Pepe's humor can get a little much for me, but never overly perverse, and frankly, when it comes to Very Merry, I've always felt that it was a return to the heart of the Muppets, that wonderful, genuine emotion that they have always had but had seemed to lose in the time between Island and Very Merry. It was in MFS, but hidden behind lots and lots of hit-you-on-the-head humor and then bang! Right in front.

I have no idea how point A went to point B in this but... yeah. HBO's on and I'm getting distracted hehe...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Awww I thought it was better than that. I was expecting something really good.

I think it fit in with context.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:

If your talking about AVMMX then try watching it once again. Watch it several times you will eventualy love the movie and reailze the heart that was really in that movie and the classic muppets that made a return.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
oh by the way i have some good news for all you muppet fans but im not going to share it just yet. I have to work on it some more before i give you this big and wonderfull Muppet news.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:

If your talking about AVMMX then try watching it once again. Watch it several times you will eventualy love the movie and reailze the heart that was really in that movie and the classic muppets that made a return.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I was talking about the 'risque' line.

I have lots of appreciation for AVMMC. I think it was a good step in the right direction, although MWoO sorta went the other way.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, VMC was great besides certain humor. MWO had it's moments but IMO those were kinda outweighed by the annoying parts (Ashanti anyone?).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm all for VMC. It's actually my favorite Muppet Movie of all. But Mwoo went full swing the other way. I laughed a few times. But, having watched it about four times, I can't watch it any more. I've watched MTI more times than that just this month.

Luke

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
But Mwoo went full swing the other way. I laughed a few times. But, having watched it about four times, I can't watch it any more. I've watched MTI more times than that just this month.
This is quite an admission but i've never been able to watch it all the way through. I either fall asleep or turn off around about the middle of it, if not sooner. So don't anybody go posting no spoilers!

:eek: