Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Luke

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
If this mockumentary has the Muppets splititng up only for Kermit to get them back together for a new series, then either the gap between the break-up didn't last long, or there is a major cotinuity issue. The Mupepts recently worked together on A Green and Red Christmas, The Muppets Wizard of Oz, and the french Muppet TV series (is that show still in production? Ditto with From the Balcony).
It's kinda a spoof of "Behind The Music" from what i gather, so what they say they've been doing shouldn't really be considered "canon". The thing is though that if it is considered to be a spoof, i don't get how the storyline of them getting a new show together could follow through to any new "Muppet Show". Unless i guess they could end the mini-series with Kermit puzzled that Pepe's idea of making up a more interesting past for themselves has actually got them a new show, beats having to learn French!. And yeah this is sounding very much like an ABC thing.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Let's hope they pull through and not pull embarrassing stunts, like they did making VMMCM, where they had to put perverse material in to sacrifice the Muppets we already loved.
Ah yes. We were watching that once and my mom told me what Saltine's (aka Miss Piggy) French line was at the end of Moulin(spelling?) Scrooge. When I found out I was disgusted.:grouchy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
zeekeroo said:
Does any one know the title to the pilot and will this be on CBS just like the origenal Muppet Show:confused:
The Mupet Show wasn't originally broadcast nationally on CBS. It was a first-run syndication series. Some individual CBS stations aired the show in various parts of the country, but so did individual ABC and NBC stations.

The pitch tape was made for CBS, but CBS didn't pick up the series.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Actually the original Muppet show was syndicated. But a lot of the CBS affiliates aired it. But the Walt Disney Co. owns the Muppets now so it will most likely air on one of there networks.

I guess that's already been answered, sorry about that! But as for the name of the pilot I'm not sure if there is one at all?

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Im sooo excited..I can't wait to see it!! I wish it was on now! okay must be patient...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Ah yes. We were watching that once and my mom told me what Saltine's (aka Miss Piggy) French line was at the end of Moulin(spelling?) Scrooge. When I found out I was disgusted.:grouchy:
Someone that knows French, enlighten me.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
Someone that knows French, enlighten me.
HAHAHAHAHAH no. Your virgin ears couldn't handle it. :wink: Just kidding. It's not that bad.

If you'd still like to know, PM me.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was singing that one time and my mother got upset with me and told me not to sing it and I couldn't figure out what she was talking about, lol!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
*waiting for an answer to her PM*

You all have piqued my curiosity way too much!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, consider for a moment Kermit's reaction: "Say wha???"

I really don't think this is out of place for the Muppets at all. Anyone remember Raquel Welch on The Muppet Show? Yeah, thought not. Or the use of the "H" word in numerous Muppet productions (The Muppet Show, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppet Treasure Island, just to name a few). The Muppets have always done sort of risque humor and adult humor.