Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Ok, lets get back on a more serious note. I'm really excited about how Bill is stepping up and kind of taking charge. He's not only doing puppeteering, but he is writing, directing and producing things for the muppets. I was thinking about it and I truly believe he is going to be the next Kevin Clash. I know that a lot of people will be mad about that because you wish that Steve, or Dave, or maybe even Frank would step up and do something, but Bill has, and that means we just might have a show and a muppet big screen movie coming out. I dont know about you, but to me that's huge, so I really don't care who is stepping up and doing something. He is not going to just sit down and let the muppets just slip into the darkness of what they use to be. With Bill and others around, the muppets will still entertain us. so.....

THANKS BILL KEEP IT UP
I would say it's good that Bill is the one stepping up. Young blood that can go a little longer than any of the others (no offense meant of course!) without bringing in someone totally new.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea but i you look at any recent pics of bill he seems to be getting older.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
But out of the core puppeteers, he's the best choice. Eric is younger (I'm pretty darn sure) but I don't think he's totally in the swing of things completely yet.

unclematt

Reaction score
At first I had doubts about the fact that Bill was the one stepping up but now I think it is the right choice.

BEAR

Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that Bill Barretta would take the initiative. He seems to be one of the more aggressive of the bunch. Dave Goelz is the most senior of the current Muppeteer roster, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would want to be a leader.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
unclematt said:
At first I had doubts about the fact that Bill was the one stepping up but now I think it is the right choice.
I'm still on the first step. I think it's great he's stepping up, and that someone definitely needs to, but I still have some concerns, specifically about the screenplay writing. We'll see when we see.

It's obvious that he and Brian are good friends and so I definitely think they work well together, but seeing as how neither of them has written for the Muppets before (or... anything?) I still have reservations. Writing is not exactly easy, and I hope all of the Muppet humor isn't (forgive me for this) Pepetized. That stuff is good in small doses, okay? :wink:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Personally, I'm just thrilled to hear of any Muppeteers steeping up to take some creative control. It's much more heartening than, say, a board member making decisions. Go Bill!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
If that's the route they're going, then I think Piggy should be one of the last to join.
I was saying that Kermit should have contact with one of those characters first. Kermit could talk about the show to them, and some could refuse untill the end of the series.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i think that Brian helping with the writeing is really inportaint as well. He has his dad's passion about so many other things, why not writing as well? Who knows what he might have learned from Jim and Jerry Juile.

unclematt

Reaction score
The whole idea reminds me of the Blues Brothers. "Were getting the band back together."