Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
When did the MC news article on this change to say the presentation pilot was 10 minutes? I didn't know that. That's wicked short. I wonder what exactly they did in 10 minutes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Have there been any announcements regarding how many episodes there will be, or how long an average episode will last? I think that eight half-hour episodes would be just right.

I think that Kermit should find at least one of the following characters in the first episode: Miss Piggy, Fozzie, or Gonzo, and maybe also Scooter, Rizzo, and/ or Pepe.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
its too early to know for sure, we dont even know if it has passed to even be a show.

unclematt

Reaction score
A Pigs in Space Movie would be awesome but I would want to see all of the Muppets.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, they could always just fall back on the plotline from the Star Wars episode of The Muppet Show and hijack the SwineTrek from the Muppet Theater. Then you'd get all of the other characters involved.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
And then Kermit could look over at all the new characters lined up for the show:

"Gee, sorry, gang."

"Dang it! What's it take to get in on this Muppet thing, anyway?"
That could cause some problems (unless the idea of humans trying to pass themselves off as Muppets is used). I doubt that Disney would pay for a lot of new puppets to be built just for a quick 10-second gag, only for the characters to never be used again. Disney could reuse several obscure characters who only us hardcore fans are likely to know about (Leroy the Donkey, Lugsy, Flower-Eating Monster, etc) and try to pass them off as new Muppets who get rejected, but then we would probably complain or point out this mistake. Disney could take some old puppets and add some features to them, or completely replace some body parts, but I wouldn't like that (I don't want the Lips puppet to have it's hair, eyes, and nose replaced, and I don't want the Pops puppet to be altered to look like a young person). The best way to do this would be to have these characters be whatnots, as that would probably be the cheapest thing to do to introduce a bunch of characters who only apear for a few seconds, and maybe some new whatnot patterns can be built for this scene, to throw off the hardcore fans. But then it would be weird for all of the characters who want to become Muppets to be humanoid, and whatnots are rarely used for animal characters.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have read that the last episode of Muppets Tonight that was broadcast (though I don't think it was the last one produced), Johnny Fiama Leaves Home, gave the writers an idea of how the show should have been, but then with no further episodes it was impossible to make new ones in that style. If any of the Muppets Tonight writers are involved, they can finally do some episodes like this.

I hope that this show doesn't have the same mistakes as Muppets Tonight. Here are some things that I really hope, which I think hurt Muppets Tonight:

1. I hope that the classic Muppets dominate the new characters. Like I said previously, there should only be a few new characters at first, and more characters can be introduced as the show progresses. I mentioned how it would be funny if there was a line about JHH and MT having the most complaints about new characters, but actually it seems like that complaint applies more to the new characters from Muppets Tonight. I don't think there are very many complaints about The Jim Henson Hour having more new characters than old characters.

2. There had better not be an all-new band. If Disney doesn't want to use The Electric Mayhem (or Solid Foam) as the main band, don't introduce a new band. I doubt that The Electric Mayhem won't be used this time. And especially don't introduce a new band that doesn't do anything meaningful.

3. Don't try to make this show too modern. The Muppet Shop had more of a timeless quality while Muppets Tonight had more direct parodies and references to what was current at the time.

I don't know if the eventual series will be about the Muppets putting on a show, but maybe this time it would be better if the entire episodes did not only take place during the time that the Mupepts were putting on the show (plus 15-30 secodns 'till curtain). There wer emany epsidoes of The Muppet Show (and Muppets Tonight, which took place in a television station, I might add) where the characters thought up ideas for acts during the shows and managed to have them performed during the shows that they thought up the acts in. Gonzo wanted to audition dancing chickens during one show and begegd for the performance to occur during that same show. The Mupepts planned on a camelot closing number and then Kermit realised shortly before the show was over that he couldn't afford the music rights for the proper song (he should have made sure that he could get the rights before that show, and cancled it before the show, not seconds before the closing number was supposed to be done). In Marty Feldman's episode, before the secodn act Kermit asked Marty what the next act would be so that he could figure out what to do about casting and props. Shouldn't this have been worked out days before the show?

Anyway, I think it would be good if the Mupepts put on a show, but was more sitcom like, and focused on maybe the planning of a show, taking place during the week before a performance, or having some annual audition episodes, or have characters plannign on acts before a certain show, and so on. Maybe some epsidoes could begin after a certain show ended.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Have there been any announcements regarding how many episodes there will be, or how long an average episode will last? I think that eight half-hour episodes would be just right.

I think that Kermit should find at least one of the following characters in the first episode: Miss Piggy, Fozzie, or Gonzo, and maybe also Scooter, Rizzo, and/ or Pepe.

If that's the route they're going, then I think Piggy should be one of the last to join.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
From what i have heard and what i know the fans want i kind of think that the muppets will do a "Muppet Show" typ of show. Just as long as they are in Muppet Theater i really don't care.