1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Muppet Puppets at FAO

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by brkndwnbus, Oct 3, 2011.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

man I want that Igel Rizzo.

Sooo...was at the grand opening of a new Disney store. NOT ONE SINGLE Muppet item. At all.

The movie drops next month, and not a single piece of merchandise(I didnt even see any promotion) What's up with that?

2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

later this month. 6-weeks prior. That would mean next week. We'll see...

theprawncracker likes this.
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I didnt know there was this love heart version of Rizzo.Not only is he wearing different clothes, but the eyes and hands are also different.I prefer the eyes on this plush.

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, That's what I was trying to do, but better.

Re visioned is the key, but Tweaked is basically what to expect of Animal plush.

The problem with Animal plush for the longest time is the Lollipop effect. The shape of his head is misinterpreted as completely round...

This is probably the biggest example of this:

[​IMG]

Which is no different to me than furless "Twiddlebug" looking Cookie Monsters.

I have the suspicion if Animal shaved off all his hair, he'd look quite similar to Crazy Harry... he's got more of a Hamburger bun shaped head, only the hair makes it look completely round. Something not easy to interpret with plush toys. Unless, of course, they add stiffened plastic or cardboard bits to the bottom (seen that sort of thing before).

Other than the fact the mouth seems a tad small (and I wonder how that effects the puppet's movement) the eyes are recycled leftover Elmo eyes from other Gund plush, painted black to kinda be hidden by the eyebrows.

5. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

In the above pic, it looks like Animal's screaming in horror over being turned into Elmo.

Nick22 and frogboy4 like this.
  6. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

7. robodog

robodog Active Member

He's not screaming because he's been turned into Elmo, he's screaming because somebody shoved a giant candy cane up his tailpipe.

8. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

ok well i said id wait till i saw Kermit and ive decided to get them...mostly to support the merch...but also cause ive never seen a beaker puppet...i hope theres more later on...granted i bet these wont fit on my hand

BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  9. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Agreed my friend.

That said, aside from the extra long arms, Kermit looks pretty okay. Though I wish all 4 of these puppets were a bit bigger.

frogboy4 likes this.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

These are definitely for kids, but that's a good thing. Too many children haven't known the Muppets for far too long. The fact that the movie is rated PG instead of just G and that they're launching this youth-oriented merchandise on the market means they're working this brand like they would Woody, Buzz, Mickey and Donald. It's all inclusive instead of a niche market.

11. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

yea i Like Kermit and Fozzie, hoping they make a Gonzo

frogboy4 likes this.
  12. Found all four at the FAO section at Toys R Us this morning. Picked up Kermit and Beaker. Kermit actually looks really nice up close - a really good representation - but his head is a bit bulky. Beaker is fantastic (best of the bunch) and does indeed look better on a hand. Fozzie looked decent, but is that lighter shade. Animal looks better than the picture, but still has that Muppaphone quality. Be sure to buy them up in person if you can because there are distinct manufacturing differences amongst each character (I found a couple Beakers with crooked noses or mouths).

Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  13. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

kermit looks nice a nice reprensation of him which i good can't wait to get these i will have a reason to do my muppet impressions again

14. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Kermit looks really good but the arms are so thick! One would think it would be cheaper to have much thinner arms and it would look better.

15. robodog

robodog Active Member

Maybe Kermit's been working out.

frogboy4 likes this.
  16. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

SWEET!!! will have to check out Toys R Us....I'll buy one or 2, but my gf said she wants to buy me One for christmas! Yey!! ;)

17. Drtooth

BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  18. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

thats not kermit thats one of his cousins who dressed up as kermit for halloween and was picked for that commercial by accident :D

ZeppoAndFriends likes this.
  19. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Liking the look of kermit. Want these now.

Chris

20. Drtooth

Joke aside, they took a commercial Kermit plush (one that's not really great) because there was some weird haggling between Henson and German McDonalds at the time. They wouldn't let anyone but Steve perform the character, or they didn't want to send them the official puppet... and then they hammered things out but it was too late.

I don't see why that was so horrible, but we got Muppets France.