Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Thanks to MFS, we know Gonzo is an alien... but here are some Muppets I'm not sure what they are. What is Beauregard? He squints a lot, so I thought he was a mole.
No, we do not know that. We know that Gonzo is a "whatever", in that we certainly don't know what he is. Those who have seen MFS may choose to believe they know his species if they like, but in my Muppet universe, no one will EVER know what Gonzo is---that's the point of Gonzo!! (I'm sorry, don't mean to sound like I'm comin' down on ya Vic, I'm just EXTREMELY passionate about this!!)

Vic Romano said:
Despite his name, I don't think Animal is an animal, is he from the monster family as is Grover, Dog-Lion, Herry, Sweetums, Cookie, Elmo, Frazzle, etc.?
Fozzie Bear said:
Animal is a humanoid, but with animal instincts. He's been described by Frank Oz as Sex, Drugs, Rock-n-Roll
Animal is a wild humanoid IMO. I mean look at him, he's got the body and limbs and head of a human, just with shaggier hair and wilder facial features.
And in "Of Muppets & Men" (the documentary), Frank describes Animal as living for 5 things: Sex, Drums, Food, Sleep, and-----d'oh! I forgot the 5th! :embarrassed: (but I'm 99% sure it wasn't "drugs")

Vic Romano said:
Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Lew Zealand, Bunsen, Beaker, Crazy Harry... they're all "human" Muppets... right?
Right. (IMO anyway, but seems pretty obvious to me)

Fozzie Bear said:
Beau is a humanoid
Love ya Kev, but I require proof of this. I honestly also thought, like some, he was a mole. He's brown, he's got that nose, the fur, the shaggy hair...I could swear I heard a Henson person say this in a special, or saw it in print. Let's investigate folks, we've got 2 sides warrin'! lol

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hey, Byron! Ma' man! You can be comin' down on me all you want as long as you come around. I missed you, man! :big_grin:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Thanks...I tried not to sound too teed off cause I am at work and am MAJORLY P.O.ed!!!!!!!!!!

(and I'll have the final "Mokey Monday" up next week)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Cool! I'm bringin' back my visuals, clicky my siggy!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Janice-etc said:
It's "Ah ah ah."

Really!

Ah ah!

:stick_out_tongue:
Sorry, how could I resist?

I do, however, resist the fact that Beauregard is a mole! If he was he'd have claws, glasses, and a pointed nose...I'm either in the humanoid, or "other" camp. (Not THAT other camp...) The camp that thinks of him simply as some kind of sub species/uncategorized.

Beau

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I always wondered that too, my only explanation as an artist is that for some reason, four fingers look more natural on a cartoon character where sometimes five fingers look like it's crowding the hand... then again that might be because of years of conditioning with four fingered cartoons and puppets. I like how the Simpsons always refer to how they only have four fingers per hand.
Well I do have four fingers on each hand also, and I am a cartoonist, so that's a little ironic. :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
muppetmonster said:
The connection between Ernie and Lew Zealand may be coincidental, but I think Jim Henson created Lew Zealand on purpose to make a similar muppet to Ernie appear on "The Muppet Show", because Lew Zealand looks nearly identical to him, acts like him, sounds a little similar to him (*I did not say the same*)
I don't think he was created "on purpose" for that. I also don't think he's as similar to Ernie as some people think. Ernie's head is oval, Lew's is round. Ernie has oval eyes "stuck" on his head, Lew has round ones that are attached to it on top. I think it's the orange color that makes people think of it the most. If he were blue or green probably no one would think of Ernie being "like him" nearly as much.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Lew Zealand has always kind of reminded and made me think Eirne. But I guess if you realy pay attention, you can tell thay are probably not all that alike.