Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The thing around his neck is a collar. I don't know why it's there, or why they required there to be 11-points on it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
"....and that's why I have this funny collar."

Yes...I always wondered...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was wondering if I was off base here and maybe just had too much to drink one night, but I seem to remember seeing Sir Didymus from Labryinth either illustrated or animated. Was there in fact a comic or cartoon? Or is it possible I envisioned him along with a pink elephant?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Okay, here are my questions:

1. When there are big production numbers involving the full-body Muppets, and there's dancing involved...do they have dance doubles inside the suits or are the Muppeteers brave enough to do it themselves?

2. How the heck was Richard able to run in that Sweetums costume?

3. (connected to 2) How many times did he fall on his face before he got it right?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Sometimes they did have dancers in the muppet monster costumes

Frogster

Reaction score
How come puppeteers, as well as cartoons and such, have four fingers, instead of five? Wouldn't it be easier for the fingers when playing characters like Cantus, Ernie, and Rowlf?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I always wondered that too, my only explanation as an artist is that for some reason, four fingers look more natural on a cartoon character where sometimes five fingers look like it's crowding the hand... then again that might be because of years of conditioning with four fingered cartoons and puppets. I like how the Simpsons always refer to how they only have four fingers per hand.

Frogster

Reaction score
Haha, or how they're yellow...
"Kiss my hairy, yellow butt!"

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I always wondered that too, my only explanation as an artist is that for some reason, four fingers look more natural on a cartoon character where sometimes five fingers look like it's crowding the hand... then again that might be because of years of conditioning with four fingered cartoons and puppets. I like how the Simpsons always refer to how they only have four fingers per hand.
Didn't they make a joke or something about how in the future people would have five fingers. And Bart commented how that would be a freak show. I can't remember exactly how it went.