1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet reality pilot taped last summer

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Vic Romano, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Camellia

Camellia New Member

Muppet "reality show" rumors...

hi, hard to tell what's going on but the general plot of Muppets interviewing prospective puppeteers, whether it is real or fake is BORING.

I'd rather see an educational show on what is behind the scenes, tips, tricks, interview puppeteers, show sets, filming techniques, etc. lots more interesting than some fakey parody of a dumb tv fad of "reality" tv.

Camellia :)

2. DisturbedKiwi

DisturbedKiwi New Member

3. This thread seemed to die out pretty quickly. Has anyone else heard anything on this project? Are they planning on airing it? Any information would be great.

4. Thog

Thog New Member

I think what they saw being filmed was a scene for Muppets Wizard of Oz. Dorothy goes on Muppet Idol or something like that. You can see it in the trailer for the movie.

5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I agree with Thog.

6. awww....dang. I was kind of excited about that. Well here is hoping for more muppet productions after Wizard of Oz. There having this movie on a saturday night and basing future expectations on its ratings? I always thought saturday night was a pretty low ratings night anyway. I hope they take that into consideration. I know I won't be making any plans for that night. I'm unplugging the phone. :)

7. JohnFranklin

JohnFranklin New Member

they will not air what was filmed. it was a "pitch pilot" that was filmed over two days in la last summer to try and get a network interested in it. if there is interest, then they'd start a whole new production.

jf

8. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

This is something diffrent, it is not part of "Oz". It was filmed last summer around the time of the "Oz" production as a kind of demo of an idea for a TV-special, if Disney likes it they would pick-it up and make a full special out of it.

9. This is off the subject, but what is your quote from? The Boober "whats a Jim Henson?"

10. well I sure hope they decide to pick it up. I know a lot of people were critical of the idea but I thought it sounded kind of cool myself.

11. Thog

Thog New Member

Well the only network they really have to impress is ABC.