Muppet reality pilot taped last summer

Luke

Reaction score
Course its a spoof of sorts, you can't have puppets doin a reality show for real.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That's exactly what I said, how could a reality show with puppets be for "real"?

IMDWalrus

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
That's exactly what I said, how could a reality show with puppets be for "real"?
Simple: tell them they're filming a movie and then force them into a game while they aren't expecting it. :wink:

We'll have to wait and see how this turns out. I love the idea and I think that it could be a lot of fun, but who knows how Disney's version of the Muppets will be? The fact that we may be getting another big project like this even before they know if Oz will succeed is a good sign, though. We can only hope that there's going to be more to come...

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
It could be a scripted sit-com shot in 'reality' directoral-style (like 'Arrested Development' or 'Reno 911')

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I wonder if people realise the whole reality show phenomenon is a passing fad, I already read an article discussing the fact that people are starting to lose interest slowly but surely in reality shows. Regular scripted shows are getting more popular again, which I think is wonderful.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
So who would you want to appear in a Muppet Reality show?
I think Sal, Scooter, Beeker, Thog, Betty Lou, Herry, and Boober. Very random and somewhat of a lost appeal.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
So who would you want to appear in a Muppet Reality show?
All of them!

Each week the episode would focus on one character's life inside and outside of the muppet boarding house (from MFS) and working on the show at the theater (from TMS). So one week it would be mainly a Kermit story, another week a Gonzo story, an Electric Mayhem story, then another Kermit story, a Bobo story, a Johnny & Sal story, etc. Along the way, they would interact with other characters inside and outside of the house and theater. Cameras would follow the life of the Muppet gang as the live and work together and go about "life".

Similar to the idea for a Muppet Family Sit-com layed out in this thread, but with the "reality feel" in terms of realistic sets, locations, and camera work.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think the Swedish Chef would HAVE to appear in a Muppet reality show. So much potential...

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
I wonder if people realise the whole reality show phenomenon is a passing fad, I already read an article discussing the fact that people are starting to lose interest slowly but surely in reality shows. Regular scripted shows are getting more popular again, which I think is wonderful.

Finaly some one else who realizes that!!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The Bording House

I really think the Muppet bording house has a whole lot of potentual. in fact in my opyion i thought that the best sences in MFS was in the bording house.
There was so much that could go on becaues all the muppets where there. they could pop up and do or say anything. I hope they use the Bording house.