Muppet Rides

That Announcer

Reaction score
AAO said:
I'd especially like for Disney to make other costumed characters to prance around the park now and then. Like have Fozzie and Gonzo. Especially Sam the Eagle! Bunsen and Beaker, I can see them now! The Electric Mayhem and Rowlf - It'd be great!
That's a half-good and half-bad idea. Many Muppets work beautifully as walk-arounds, particularly your average-sized humanoids and pigs. However, some Muppets don't work too well as walkarounds, like Beaker (spindly frame), Kermit (ditto), Bunsen (his head's too round) and Janice (too thin). The ultimate walkaround would surely be Sam, as his rather large stature, human-sized feet and big arms would both make it easy to make the character as a walkaround and easy for a performer to do. So, I'd love to see him walking around at MGM sometime soon.

You know who else would work real well as walkarounds? Statler and Waldorf!

AAO

Reaction score
Well, Kermit is a walk around character. I've took many photos with him and Piggy. They were dressed differently two times, the three times I've seen them. Although, the Janice one I agree on. But Bunsen and Beaker I still see them doing for I've went to Globe Trotter games and the mascot, "Globbie" has a larger head and much rounder head than Bunsen's. And Beaker's wouldn't be too hard to get into. Have the mouth slightly pulled open like Kermit's is. The head would just fit right around the head of the performer. It would be like Sam's head.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
They've had plans for the "Great Muppet Movie Ride" for a while now, which had parodies of several movies including Frankenstein, Peter Pan as well as a Pigs In Space movie sequence.

AAO

Reaction score
Really? Where did u hear this from? I'd like to read more into it! That sounds real exciting!

AAO

Reaction score
Does Anyone know informatino on this "Great Muppet movie Ride"???? :sympathy:

AAO

Reaction score
I'm almost in tears! NO MUPPET MOVIE RIDE?! HONESTLY! C'MON PPL! Disney owns the Muppets now....make the Gonzo Pizza Place and other stuff....Take out The Hunchback and put the Muppet's back! LOL! :attitude: ....I'm going to write me a letter tonight!

furryfriends

Reaction score
i personoly think they sould make a 5th park with just muppets i mean they are important enough lol

crazy ernie

Reaction score
That or have Muppets be part of the inevitable next park for WDW (assuming they build another one) DisneySea. Then they could possibly implement the Muppet Immigration attraction from the Disney America park plans into the American Waterfront area.

AAO

Reaction score
Not a bad idea...Just as long as we get more Muppets at Disney Theme Parks...I'm happy...that's *anyone's* chance to get to meet a live Muppet! Well, you could go to Sesame Street Live or Bear in the Big Blue House Live or the show at MGM in Disney or go to Sesame Place in Pennsylvania. But ..other than that..LOL ...Disney - more mUPpets...please