Muppet Show Downloads

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I've been thinking about something when I read the last few posts in this thread.

If one were to download episodes that are comercially avavible now. That would not be that much as a theft against JHC. Condsidering that EM-TV will get all the money that JHC has in thier account.

But when the Henson kids take over the company again it would be a whole different story because JHC get to keep the money they earn.

BTW Scott Alex is right about what he says about the German and Italian dubbed TMS episodes.
But I've also seen episodes on some P2P that contain the 1st season openings that are not dubbed.

scarecroe

Reaction score
plucky said:
Actually, there are many episodes available that are not out on DVD.
All I ever see on FTP accounts and P2P proggies are DVD rips. Never obscure episodes.

plucky said:
It?s interesting the vehemence and name calling that are resorted to when an opposing argument comes up.
Has anyone resorted to name-calling? Oh yeah, I called us all a bunch of spoiled brats. Because we are.

plucky said:
First, are we saying that the Muppet Community at large who has old VHS tapes of the show they love should get rid of them and purchase the DVDs? How about those that still trade tapes, of both commercially released episodes or of non-available episodes?
No one said that. If you don't want em, don't buy em, lol.

plucky said:
If we look back through time, Copyright laws...
Copyright law is such a minor issue here. Laws are broken more often and on a much larger scale than some people realize. It's happened for as long as man-made laws have existed, and will continue to do so.

Besides, technically, posting any media online without the consent of the owner is illegal. That includes even images, folks. But we get away with it so long as we keep our stuff limited. For example, I never post a full sound or video file of something you can go out a buy in the store. If anything, the stuff I post on the forums and my site are advertisements for products that can be purchased and actually help JHC and connected parties in the long run (and lately, they can use the help). However, say on Monday I posted the entire album Ol Brown Ears Is Back (which yes, is illegal technically, I know), if a new CD reissue were annouced to come out the next day, I'd take it down immediately. I see the Internet as a node through which I can share stuff with people who might not have otherwise had the comfort of owning it before it became unavailable and without having to go to great lengths to search at flea markets after the fact.

The issue I'm trying to stress that I think is far more important is the support for the products we -- as a whole, as a group of Muppet fans -- have yearned to see released. If you don't buy what's out there, you won't get any more new stuff. It's as simple as that, and I really don't know how many different ways I can say it.

BTW, I don't think anyone has been flamming here.

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
I think you have been flamming, and I think you have been rash, quick to judge and emotional. If you really want to debate you need to learn to detach yourself from whatever personal affiliation you have (as much as you can, at least). You think JHC doesn't owe us, the fans, anything? Then maybe you should think about how much money has been made off you, that is minus your pirated VHS collection. Wanting a decent product is not being immature, name-calling is.

booya!
:excited: :excited: :concern: :flirt: :flirt:
tu-pac lives!!!

plucky

Reaction score
OK, I would like to call a hold on this for a little while.
I wanted to reply as well, with a couple examples of what I thought were getting close to flames, but I will not at this time, and I would ask that replies are well thought out before they are made now. That was a pretty flaming anti-flame there, and I would rather dump a bucket of water on this now.

plucky

scarecroe

Reaction score
You're both right. In going back over my replies today, I apologize for the toddler playgroup comment. It was out of line, but I still say it's wrong to steal from JHC just because you don't like what they've given us.

I don't apologize for calling all of us a bunch of spoiled brats. I'll say it again: we are. Back in the day, all Muppet fans had to collect and remember the show was an illustrated book retelling scenes from the show. Now we have complete episodes on DVD and we're spoiled.

Same goes for most of what we have at our finger tips today inside or outside of Muppet fandom. The Internet, TV, DVDs...

plucky

Reaction score
I'll agree I've been spoiled my whole life. When the Muppet Show was on a long time ago, I got to sit on the floor watching it eating fresh fudge and popcorn. Yum Yum!

Now I've downloaded all the episodes of the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, because you can't buy it anywhere! It was on Fox Kids a few years back and I watched it again then, but they didn't show all of the episodes (and it had been on a month before we found out it was showing again.... :frown: ). Couldn't do THAT 10 years ago. Heck, I remember downloading a real bad .wav file of the Sailor Moon theme song off a website in 1994 and listening to it off the old Sparc box I was on in a public user room and thinking "Oh my god, I just got to listen to the Sailor Moon theme song I got from a web page?! That is the coolest thing!" Spoiled then.
A couple months ago, I saw the "Ask Ken at Palisades" topic in the chat boards, and reading through it, seeing Kens comments, people talking about what they'd like to see in figures, I thought "Oh my god, you can talk to the person who's making the action figures I'm buying?! That's the coolest thing!" Yea, spoiled now :smile:

And come next month, I'll go and buy the Storyteller DVD. I thought I was spoiled when I got to see them on TV the first time, now I'll get to watch them on DVD without commercials, spoiled again :smile:

plucky

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
plucky said:
I'll agree I've been spoiled my whole life. When the Muppet Show was on a long time ago, I got to sit on the floor watching it eating fresh fudge and popcorn. Yum Yum!

plucky
Sorry if I am bringing back an old thread from the dead but I saw Plucky on here and it made me want to post. I have some muppet mp3s and they say in the tag, compressed by plucky, is that you plucky?

I have always wanted to contact that plucky guy who has his name on lots of mp3s. Is it the plucky from here?

thanks,
from, Paul :smile:

DR. TEETH

Reaction score
The problem with me is that I try to download some of the episodes and they are all avi files that for some reason i cant seem to view.

anathema

Reaction score
DR. TEETH said:
The problem with me is that I try to download some of the episodes and they are all avi files that for some reason i cant seem to view.
You probably don't have the necessary codec(s) installed. Most likely you'll need to install DivX (www.divx.com); you may need Xvid (www.xvid.org).