1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Nov 22, 2004.

1. dbarrie

dbarrie New Member

In the words of Kermit, "YAY!" :)

OI MuppetFan
  2. beepela

beepela New Member

Spectacular! For one of the most popular television shows EVER this is such a no-brainer! I'm just surprised it took them this long! Can I start lining up now to get me some Muppet Show?!
  3. Beth C

Beth C Active Member

Confirmed!!!!

tvshowsondvd.com confirms this!!! Woooo hooo!!!

Muppet Box Sets

click it and see!!!

~Beth C
  4. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

TVShowsonDVD.com is a great site, but just cause they said it does not make it any more (or less) true, they are just a TVDVD fansite. Their only source for the information on TMS dvds is this post, so them saying it does not back this information up any more or less. It is this exact information. It is not confimed any more by them posting the news, it is just shared with more people.'This is exciting news and I am happy to see it is in the works, I hope TMHC gives an official statement or information on this to conferm the story even more.
  5. pollick529

pollick529 New Member

I wonder if they are going to have the original openings or are they gonna use the stupid syndication versions. I hope they will be seen as they were originally aired, even though I already have those versions. :)
  6. foofoocakes

foofoocakes New Member

I am a little bummed that I bought the whole set last time but I am so excited about this release I am doing the happy dance. I don't even care If I'll have duplicates. :)
  7. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I'm so glad that I only bought only one of the single disc 3 episode for 15 dollar ones. I can't wait to get these sets! :D
  8. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Only 40% (less than half) of the Muppet Show episodes were released by TimeLife. You may have some duplicate episodes but there are episodes you don’t have. Also, it may be awhile until all the seasons are released and those DVDs will tide you over until they are. Third, you can always sell your old DVDs if you are pressed for cash; or keep them as a collectors item.
  9. Mickey Moose

Mickey Moose New Member

This is my concern as well. I would much rather have the original openings. Even if they included at least one as like an easter egg or something, that'd be something. I know the newer opening is visually superior in many respects, but I prefer the original when viewing the first season. Especially since they re-use the same S&W gag and Gonzo trumpet gag for about 90% of the updated first season episodes(at least that's how they ran on CTS here in Canada).

Also I hope they don't remove the end bit where Zoot blows his sax for the last note. Currently when they air, it's replaced with the Henson logo.

But even if these changes are left in, I'm still excited over this long overdue release. I'm hoping something official gets announced soon.
  10. anathema

anathema Active Member

I'd be astounded if they did keep the original shot, since all copies of this shot have the ATV/ITC logos and copyright messages superimposed on them, and it is highly unlikely that Disney/Henson would release shows which carry copyright messages for a company that a) no longer owns the copyright, and b) no longer exists. Be nice if they did though!
  11. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

That's extremely good news. :excited:
  12. Exatron

Exatron New Member

Excellent. I hope the sets have lots of great extras, and the original opening for the first season episodes.
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

14. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I hope we get the original openings, the two pilot episodes, and encluding the "UK skits" along with all 24 episodes from season 1. Interviews, commentaries, documentaries (like of Muppets and Men), original promos, still gallaries and more would also be totally awesome. I am excited! No matter what they do, I'm glad we'll be getting all the episodes Muppet Show on DVD in some form. I hope we get some official word on details and release timeframe sometime soon.
  15. ColonelErnie

ColonelErnie New Member

Extras...

I was at the Henson Festival this weekend, and actually with Caroll Spinney when he was interviewed.

The feature he was interviewed for(Kathy Mullen and Mike Frith were on their way out...) was a tribute to Jim Henson. Not sure of the others, but this one will go on Season One.
  16. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

TMS on dvd,season by season,finally...

I've always said that season by season was obviously the best route,for TMS on dvd,like the majority of us had said time after time. Looking forward to watching TMS once again.Finally someone has listened.:D
  17. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor New Member

Muppet Show Season Sets

I agree 100% I hope we get all of this stuff and more. I recently sent my letter to the Muppet Holding CO. So I am suprised to hear about this allready. Thank you to every one who sent letters, and please lets all try to keep every one informed so we know where to purchas these sets. :) :cool:
  18. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

19. alexmongers

alexmongers New Member

i hope we can get that in the uk. thats what i always hoped for. :)
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm starting to become a believer:)