1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Mar 20, 2005.

1. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

All I have to say is............. It's about time!!!!
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yes, me too. I just was pointing out other's thoughts on teh issue.
  3. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

For an extra I think they should add the screen tests that they made a few years ago. I love the "I Love Lucy" one that's on the one disc I have (the one with Steve Martin) but I'd love to see the others as well.
  4. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I can't wait! I don't have any of the Best oF Dvd's or anything, so this is exciting! :sing:
  5. And people complained and said Disney will not do anything with the Muppets, HA! They are doing more than Henson did! I read an article in Disney Magazine about Muppets.com and the stamps, and they gave major props to Jim, didn't leave him out, they refered to him as "the Muppet Creator" I have and have never had any doubts that Disney is going to do great things with the Muppets, now I wish Fraggle Rock got sold to Disney!
  6. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

themes

I hate to be a bubble burster here, but even if we get the original first season opening themes (and this shouldnt even be a question of *if*...if there are still debates going on with the dvd team about whether to include them or not, we should all set them straight as to why not including them in this media format would be a severe crime to fans and the dvd industry)...dont look forward to getting that original final shot of Zoot in the closing themes. The credits over that shot refers to the distributor at that time which they wouldnt be able to include on a current airing or release (which is why a brand new shot of Zoot was recorded in the mid 80s when the distributor changed). Unless Henson still has a copy of the original closing theme footage lying around before they superimposed the credits over them (unlikely precisely because it hasnt resurfaced thus far), you wont see that final shot as it originally aired. Most likely it will be replaced with the Disney or Muppet LLC logo as the last note is sounded.
  7. Mickey Moose

Mickey Moose New Member

I can live with that, as long as the original openings are used.
  8. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Yeah, me too. There's probably a point at which completism or perfectionism becomes impossible, but it sounds like Disney is really trying hard to make these releases something special for the fans.
  9. Beauregard

*bubbling with excitment*

*enter baby animal*

Me no wanna wait, bawabahwahbubba!

*exit baby animal*

*bubble over*
  10. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

But better late than never!! This is fantastic news! I haven't seen an episode of the original Muppet Show in more than 15 years! :excited: :D :)
  11. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

*Speechless*

*Wait, not exactly...*

:excited: :D :excited:
  12. Beauregard

Ohhh yeah. Just got my tips from the hotel I work at, and I've put the lot away in my Piggy bank to buy these when they come out. Have thirty-five pounds there now. So, they jolly well better come to England.
  13. christyb

christyb New Member

Great. And I just blew all my Muppet money I had set aside. That's what I get for getting impatient with these things. Oh well, I'm starting over. One dollar at a time.
  14. Beauregard

Oh well. Never mind. Start over. Get another slotted pig.
  15. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

It's a great time to be a Muppet fan...
    and a bad time to always be broke because you're a Muppet fan.
  16. christyb

christyb New Member

I know. You know what I blew my money on? Follow that Bird, A Bert and Ernie CD, and a cable to hook up my video camera to my laptop so I can edit movies for my project.
  17. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

No wonder you need to rob Swiss banks.
  18. christyb

christyb New Member

Uh..huh. And I wanna buy a decent computer microphone that doesn't make me sound like a mouse when I record my voice. In other words my current older than dirt one kinda takes out the bass in everything.
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have always been a little uneasy around the Disney deal... especially since they prematurely ended the Palisaeds contract. And the iffy looking Muppet Oz special. But I think that when these sets are released, this may shift my judgement. I mean, not even Columbia had Season sets. They had a boxed set, but it was meerly already released DVD's in a cardboard box.

But then again, the last couple of years, I've seen stuff I'd never think would ever be on DVD...

Fraggle Rock, Heathcliff, Fat Albert, Garfield specials and series, stuff like that. A lot can change in a year.
  20. The Muppet line was only suposed to go tell the end of 2005, Disney had nothing to do with bad retail. That was the people who bought them's fault. NOT DINSEY. Also, Henson started the Oz thing not Dinsey, it was already in the works before the big Sale!
    I hope this clears up you bad judgment!