Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
New Muppet Show DVDs to come out next month

I hear Disney is coming out with a new collection of Muppet Show DVDs. I think these are called The Muppet Show Silver Collection. They're set to come out sometime next month instead of having us wait until the end of the year for the new season box sets. Each with four episodes a set. Here's the list:

VOLUME 1
Ruth Buzzi
Charles Aznavour
Don Knotts
Judy Collins

VOLUME 2
Bernadette Peters
Nancy Walker
Lorretta Swit
Jean Stapleton

VOLUME 3
Melissa Manchester
Alan Arkin
Carol Channing
Kaye Ballard

VOLUME 4

Johnny Cash
Phylis George
Leslie Uggams
Connie Stevens

VOLUME 5
Rich Little
Sandy Duncan
Ethel Merman
Zero Mostel

I also have heard that they are restoring material which has been lost for years, such as the first season openings and Zoot's last note. They also have the best bonus features such as clips from Muppets Tonight and the Jim Henson Hour. Plus the original Sex and Violence pilot. One more thing:

APRIL FOOL! It would be cool if they really did that though.

Whatever

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
No wonder you need to rob Swiss banks.
Bad idea. The Swiss German dialect is extremely lethal. Kills instantly upon exposure.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
One more thing:

APRIL FOOL!
:smirk: I knew that was too crazy of an idea to be real (even for Disney). :wink:

But the fully loaded season box sets from Disney, they're no joke!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
So how do we let somebody with decision-making power know that we want the original opening credits? Perhaps sending emails as such to fanmail@henson.com would help?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't think writing JHC works any longer. They're in developmental deals with Disney, but I dunno about production of DVDs.

Personally, I'd like to have the original opening themes and the closing with Zoot attached to the shows the way they were first aired. I understand the reasons they would not want to do it, but in preservation of the original works I think Disney should give us fans that much.

Still, I'm not wild on Disney and all their animated sequels (who's heard of Snow White and the 8th Dwarf yet?), but as long as they keep doing good work as they HAVE been doing with The Muppets they'll get my backing that much!!

Problem with Disney is that they aren't as consumer friendly as JHC was, and won't respond to mail as readily without form letters.

Movies205

Reaction score
JHC isn't clear of all the blame I never bother watching it but "Kermit Swamp Years" anyone? As for Disney it seems they've estabished a different branch for the muppets so it should be assume they'll be handle differently. Also all the "cheap-quels" as they're approriately called are handled by Disney TV-Animation department so I would assume that would have nothing to do with the muppets.

P

Philip Kippel

Has anyone heard of any new news regarding the Muppet Show Season DVD sets?

Anyone know of a release date yet?