Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, me too. I just was pointing out other's thoughts on teh issue.

rexcrk

Reaction score
For an extra I think they should add the screen tests that they made a few years ago. I love the "I Love Lucy" one that's on the one disc I have (the one with Steve Martin) but I'd love to see the others as well.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I can't wait! I don't have any of the Best oF Dvd's or anything, so this is exciting! :sing:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
And people complained and said Disney will not do anything with the Muppets, HA! They are doing more than Henson did! I read an article in Disney Magazine about Muppets.com and the stamps, and they gave major props to Jim, didn't leave him out, they refered to him as "the Muppet Creator" I have and have never had any doubts that Disney is going to do great things with the Muppets, now I wish Fraggle Rock got sold to Disney!

dwmckim

Reaction score
themes

I hate to be a bubble burster here, but even if we get the original first season opening themes (and this shouldnt even be a question of *if*...if there are still debates going on with the dvd team about whether to include them or not, we should all set them straight as to why not including them in this media format would be a severe crime to fans and the dvd industry)...dont look forward to getting that original final shot of Zoot in the closing themes. The credits over that shot refers to the distributor at that time which they wouldnt be able to include on a current airing or release (which is why a brand new shot of Zoot was recorded in the mid 80s when the distributor changed). Unless Henson still has a copy of the original closing theme footage lying around before they superimposed the credits over them (unlikely precisely because it hasnt resurfaced thus far), you wont see that final shot as it originally aired. Most likely it will be replaced with the Disney or Muppet LLC logo as the last note is sounded.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
dwmckim said:
I hate to be a bubble burster here, but even if we get the original first season opening themes (and this shouldnt even be a question of *if*...if there are still debates going on with the dvd team about whether to include them or not, we should all set them straight as to why not including them in this media format would be a severe crime to fans and the dvd industry)...dont look forward to getting that original final shot of Zoot in the closing themes. The credits over that shot refers to the distributor at that time which they wouldnt be able to include on a current airing or release (which is why a brand new shot of Zoot was recorded in the mid 80s when the distributor changed). Unless Henson still has a copy of the original closing theme footage lying around before they superimposed the credits over them (unlikely precisely because it hasnt resurfaced thus far), you wont see that final shot as it originally aired. Most likely it will be replaced with the Disney or Muppet LLC logo as the last note is sounded.
I can live with that, as long as the original openings are used.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
I can live with that, as long as the original openings are used.
Yeah, me too. There's probably a point at which completism or perfectionism becomes impossible, but it sounds like Disney is really trying hard to make these releases something special for the fans.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*bubbling with excitment*

*enter baby animal*

Me no wanna wait, bawabahwahbubba!

*exit baby animal*

*bubble over*

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
sugarbritchez said:
All I have to say is............. It's about time!!!!
But better late than never!! This is fantastic news! I haven't seen an episode of the original Muppet Show in more than 15 years! :excited: :big_grin: :smile: