1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Show DVD's vol. 11-15 now on-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 11, 2002.

1. giantpez

giantpez New Member

really. let me look over my vhs tapes. is he just on the DVD or is he on both?

i don't have that one. it must only be on the DVD...dang Timelife.:mad:
  2. the Mad Moose

the Mad Moose New Member

Time-Life did the same to me...

I'm curious as to their return policy; could I order again, with the additional discount, then return the previous set?

something to consider
  3. giantpez

giantpez New Member

i wonder if there is another set out there then. like 16-24 or something like that.

i will have to call them and find out.
  4. smcguire

smcguire New Member

I admit only have the DVDs as well, but the Time-Life website says that both the VHS tape and DVD releases include Alice Cooper, and I've never heard anyone say that the VHS tapes have only two episodes when the DVDs have three. He's supposed to be on the same one as Vincent Price and Marty Feldman; do you have those episodes?

And no, there are definitely no volumes past 15 at this point.

--Scott McGuire
  5. giantpez

giantpez New Member

no i don't.

dang....:mad:

can anyone help me out??
  6. smcguire

smcguire New Member

Uh... I'm sure Time-Life will be happy to sell you one. They've still got them listed for sale. :)

--Scott
  7. giantpez

giantpez New Member

thanks Scott, i will just do that.
  8. anakin

anakin New Member

muppet show dvd question

can anyone give me any info on the columbia tri star dvds?
    it says that there are muppet moments, movie mania and
    muppet archives but how do i access it?
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks and take care
  9. smcguire

smcguire New Member

Re: muppet show dvd question

I don't have the Columbia Tri-Star DVDs, but on the Time-Life DVDs you can find them by:

* Pick a show from the main menu
    * On the menu for each show, there's an option for "Muppet Extras" or something like that on the righthand side
    * Select that, and it will take you to the extras.

--Scott
  10. anakin

anakin New Member

thanks a mil..

thanks for the info scott, i will try that tonite.
    take it easy.
  11. Kedrick

Kedrick New Member

It is Christmas time again and as I was trying to figure out what to tell my mother to get me I happened across the Time Life website and saw the promotion to buy TBOTMS vols 11-15 at a discounted rate. So I clicked order. Thanks mom!! But a little window popped up "Get all 15 volumes of 'The Best of the Muppet Show' for only $150". Mom loves me, so I changed the order to all 15 DVDs. Yay me!! (and now REALLY Thank you Mom!! Most wonderful of all. Giver of life, love, great meals, and now Muppet Show DVDs (and so much more).

The DVDs were backordered so I was afraid I would not receive them by X-mas, but what they hey: I was still getting all 15 DVDs for about $10 apiece. No complaints here!! Well to my surprise they arrived last Friday. I literally had a weekend of Muppets! Just finishing up with the Juliet Prowse episode last night. I love these DVDs!!! For starters they just look so freakin' cool on my DVD shelving. And the quality of each transfer is excellent. I only hope that Time Life (or Columbia since these are the exact same discs with only the company logo changed) comes out with more!!! I want the Cheryl Ladd and the Christopher Reeve episode (definitely among the best!). The extras were quite nice as well (those some of the Movie Mania "Guess the Film" bits were groaners. Yeesh! :)). Here's hoping some kind of "Behind the Scenes of the Muppet Show" makes it onto disc in the near future. That and the Fantastic Miss Piggy Show and I'm set!!!

Clint
  12. The Dreamer

The Dreamer New Member

Very cool!

All 15 Muppet Show DVDs for only $149.96! A great price for anyone wanting the entire set, to date.

Just go to www.timelife.com/muppetshow

At first you'll only see the offer for the 10-DVD set for $99.96. But if you add it to your cart, and then you'll see the offer for the 15 DVD set.

(Sadly, orders can only be shipped to US addresses. No foreign orders. So, that leaves us Canadians, and anyone else, out of this good deal. Ah well, such is life.)
  13. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

sad but true...even over phone they can't send to canada (although the operator will think she can until you get to the order #)

that's alright...I could always ship it to the states and then have it mailed, but I think I'll wait until I havemore $$$. Anyone know how long this deal will last??
  14. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

Hmmmmnn..... check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2292&item=3303699699

Anyone know anything about this? I tried ordering the set of 15 from Time Life, but it wouldn't let me apply any of the codes in this thread to get the price under $150.00 plus shipping. I wonder what this person knows that we don't, so that they can get the price down to $129.00??
  15. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

For $2.49 I just had to find out. I'll post the code when I get it if anyone would like.
  16. Louis Kazagger

Thanks very much for taking the plunge. I was going to do the same myself, but I thought I'd come here first and see if this seller was peddling old news, something that all you guys already knew about. Looking forward to your findings. Thanks again. :)
  17. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

Was going to buy the DVDs last weekend but decided to wait to see if there was a coupon code. Low and behold . . .

Go to the Time-life website to order the DVDs.

When you click to add the 10 DVD set to your cart, a pop-up window will make
    an
    offer for the 15 DVD set.

Then follow
    the rest of the instructions on the site.

Their coupon code for ordering on-line is:
    * 20% off all Time-Life Coupon Code: mc1218t Expires: 1/31/03

With the 20% coupon code I got all 15 DVDs for $119.97 + 13.99 shipping.

Looking forward to their arrival.
  18. Louis Kazagger

Dang!! Thanks for sharing. And remember folks, if that's too big a chunk of dough for your to plop down right after the holidays, they have the option of four monthly installment payments, with no interest!! =)
  19. Bambi

Bambi New Member

...or charge them, burn them, and send them back. They are single layer. Very easy
  20. Louis Kazagger

Gee, I hope MY first post on this board contributed an idea that was a little more remotely honest...... :(:rolleyes: