1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Show DVD's vol. 11-15 now on-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 11, 2002.

1. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

I would hope that any true fan of Jim Henson and what he believed and stood for would be a little more honest than that. :mad:
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hiya!

I just ordered the entire 15 DVD set for $10.93 (incl s&h) each DVD from Time Life.

www.timelife.com/muppetshow

The original offer is for 10 DVDs, but then they pop-up the offer for the set of 15.

I had to call in to order because I don't use credit cards (any more or ever again) and talked to James Gregory. He directed me to the Customer Service link atop the site, to the FAQs, and then to Billing and Payments and then to "Payment options (or something)" and then scan down to see "Pay with Check or Money Order" and THEN print order form. He said I could write on the order form that it was an internet order and that he okayed for me to make monthly installments instead of paying the whole thing. SO, for a TN order it's the first payment (incl S&H) of $51.48, then 3 pmts of $37.49. It says backordered on the site, but he said all 15 DVD's are in stock, and he would have someone at the help desk pull them for me!!

So, call them at 1-800-950-7887 and talk to someone, ask to do installment payments if you don't use a credit card, and they'll help out. Maybe you might ask for him and tell him you're from Muppet Central, because I made several mentions of all of us here at MC.

Your service might be different than mine was, but this is what happened.

FYI,
    FOZ
  3. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

15 X $10.93 = $163.95

Isn't the offer above a cheaper way to go Foz?

"Their coupon code for ordering on-line is:
    * 20% off all Time-Life Coupon Code: mc1218t Expires: 1/31/03

With the 20% coupon code I got all 15 DVDs for $119.97 + 13.99 shipping."
  4. mrgamejunkie

mrgamejunkie New Member

price on 15 dvd set

FYI: I'm new to this forum, but after seeing the eBay ad that there was a cheaper ad, my google found this site.

The coupon code is great MC1218T 20% off.

But if you join their Sound Saver's club for $10.00 you get an extra 10% off the entire order. The sets over a $100.00, so you save even more money.

I'm shopping to see if I need more. ;)

-Mike "mrgamejunkie"
  5. Fozzie Bear

I think I was including the S&H in my total figurings.

It was item# 18052-9 15 MS DVD TL $149.96 + $13.99 s&h which was $163.95.

I'm going to call and see if I can still get the Coupon Code yet. Didn't realize about that (which is what I get for not reading everything, huh?)

Talking to "Gloria" at TimeLife.com now. Problem is, I don't use credit cards, and am doing a monthly payment plan paying by check and putting "internet order" on the form.

BUT! She came back on and I gave her the coupon code and she said after the first installment arrives, they'll ship the merchandise and then apply the 20% to that.

THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME THAT CODE!! :)

FOZ :D
  6. Jrobert

Jrobert New Member

GETS EVEN BETTER!

Just thought that you all might want to know you can still save even more! Use the following code for 20% off AND Free Shipping: RV96RT

As long as the order is $75 or more then you get this deal! And anyone can get these deals, all you have to do is sign up for email deals and they'll email you every couple of weeks with a new deal!

Hope this helps, I believe this brings down your total cost for all 15 DVDs to: $119.97

Hope this helps! :)
  7. beakerman

beakerman New Member

DUDE! You rule...I was about 2 minutes from ordering my dvd set...and then I decided...not yet, let's check the old message boards again...and behold!!! thanks a million.
  8. Jrobert

Jrobert New Member

You're Welcome!

And for those of you that are thinking about it, this codes is valid only through March 18th so hurry! I don't think you'll be able to find a better deal although TimeLife does cycle through different promotions.

Good Luck! I'm ordering mine TODAY! :)
  9. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

Thank you!

I've been waiting for a good deal on these, and this is the best I've seen - free shipping too! That's $7.99 per DVD! Crazy! :crazy: Cool! :cool:

Thanks again!

- Derek
  10. Se-Bas

Se-Bas New Member

wich region...

I am thinking of purchasing the whole 15 dvd collection of time-life muppet show, but only if they are available for region 2 (Europe).
    IS there someone who can tell me wich region they are?

Thank U
  11. smcguire

smcguire New Member

Re: wich region...

They are Region 1 only.

--Scott McGuire
  12. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Re: wich region...

They don't ship to europe so if you want to buy them you got to contact one in USA to buy them for you.
  13. Se-Bas

Se-Bas New Member

Re: Re: wich region...

Well, in that case they are not interesting for me, caus I can only play them on my laptop, and that's no fun.

Is there coming out a ' best of muppet show part 3' ?
    I got the first and the second from columbia tri-star.
    Is there a site where I can check that?

ThanX
  14. Jrobert

Jrobert New Member

As of now there are 4 DVDs from Columbia TriStar. the plan is that they will continue to release the exact same DVDs as TimeLife and then there will be an additional 5 DVDs after that.

What's wrong with playing them on your laptop? Just hook your laptop up to your tv and watch them if you want :)
  15. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Hi guys if anyone is still reading this? :confused:

well anyways i wanted to know if any one could please help me out, I'd like to buy the whole set of DVD'S (1-15) if anyone knows of any codes or whatever i would be greatful! I'm not sure but i guess the codes change from time to time? I have no idea where you guys get them but I'd like to order them on-line with payment of a money order.

Thanks

Zack)Rowlf the, shoulda never bought the VHS's;-)DOH!!! :smirk: :rolleyes: ;) Dog.
  16. Fozzie Bear

Just use the ones in this thread, but call Time-Life.com and talk to them, tell them this was the code you have and that you'd like to get hte discounts. Tell them you're young and need the best deal possible because you don't have much moolah. They'll help I'm sure.

FOZ
  17. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

I usually go to this website to check on any promotional codes being offered by on-line stores before ordering. They have a few for the Time-Life store.

Promo codes

Hope this helps.
  18. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Thanks guys. I'm not sure if i'm going to order yet, but i guess i would have to call anyways beause i can only pay by money order as of now.

Hmm, i could wait and just ask for them for Christmas. I don't know what i'm gonna do with the TMS tapes thought, i could sell them at a garage sale my friend and I are having this weekend, but i don't know, how much to you think they should go for? they are in great shape and like new, just opened and watched maybe 10 times each;-)maybe less for some?

Zack)Rowlf the, i wish i was younger...ehhh, no i'm happy at the age i am, i just don't want to get any older! Dog.
  19. Fighbird

Fighbird New Member

Newbie Lame-Oh(tm) question:

I wanted to order the complete set from Time-Life, but they apparently only ship within the States. I live in Denmark, and the danish branch of Time-Life doesn't carry the series. Does anyone have any recommendations in regards for me to get hold of a set?

I do have a plan B, inasmuch as I have a buddy of mine who now lives in Washington, who might want to re-send it to Europe for me, but I wouldn't want to bother him with it too much...

Thanks for any help! :D
  20. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

You can buy the set from Columbia/Tristar, they only got 4 DVDs so far but they should come up at the same number as timelife.
    But if you can't wait for columbia/tristar to release the DVD's then you should go with plan B.

The cheapest place I found in Denmark so far with Muppet DVDs are Axel Music