Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

zns

Reaction score
Some of that stuff wouldn't have to be cut. The opening and Muppet Central portions of The Jim Henson Hour aired as a half-hour show called "The Jim Henson Show" in Canada a few years ago and while not ideal it would be much better seeing these segments released as "The Jim Henson Show" than as nothing at all.
Would they have to make any cuts that you can think of for season four of The Muppet Show. By the way Phil, is there a way you or anyone else could contact Disney abou this? Thanks. Please let us know when you or anyone else hears something. :smile::smile::smile:

SeanC

Reaction score
Well, even though I promised myself I'd hold out, I just couldn't wait any longer and bought this set:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Muppet-Show...=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1277758558&sr=8-15
It's an import from The Netherlands ( box and menus are in Dutch, but the actual content is in English with removable subtitles ) and includes 9 episodes, only 3 of which are already included in the existing boxsets. I figured it was worth the price for the 6 episodes I hadn't got ( I paid €9.99 for it ). For the record it includes the following eps: Charles Aznavour, Elton John, Alice Cooper, John Denver, Paul Simon, Liza Minelli, Diana Ross, Shirley Bassey, Gladys Knight.
I'd rather the proper Seasons 4 & 5 boxsets, of course, but I guess this will have to do for the time being.

rowlf

Reaction score
It would be nice if Disney could at least drop a real hint about the release of S4.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I'm guessing at this point, since we're already in mid summer here in the states, it probably won't be out until the Fall or they may just hold out until the holiday season which is a great time to release stuff since people will be gift buying.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just about every time I see that this thread has a new post I wonder if it's an announcement for the release (I'm sure others do as well... This post might have gotten people expecting an announcement). Considering this, I think that when an official release date is announced that somebody should start a seperate thread announcing in the title that it's an official release date announcement.

ploobis

Reaction score
I'm guessing at this point, since we're already in mid summer here in the states, it probably won't be out until the Fall or they may just hold out until the holiday season which is a great time to release stuff since people will be gift buying.
I've been thinking the same thing! :smile:

But I still hope that we'll hear about a release date soon.

MLR930

Reaction score
I can't wait and I love the box cover too (Gonzo is my favorite!) I get worried when they take too long to release DVDs

Nekoshema

Reaction score
let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're loading it with awesome bonus features :wink: [but you are right, what's taking so long? :mad: oh well, i don't mind]

Drtooth

Reaction score
It would be nice if Disney could at least drop a real hint about the release of S4.
That's ALL I want to know. Why haven't we had anyone contact anyone from Muppets Studios about the hold up by this point is beyond me... I think we're gonna have to start a letter writing campaign, or just find someone in the industry to just see what's going on here. There's no excuse for announcing a DVD that far in advance without even spilling any details of when we'd see it by then.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
five dollars says they're not gonna release it until the holiday season :concern: